AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Railgun [M/LN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for Railgun manga readers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86836)

Kairin 2009-09-30 17:22

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for Railgun manga readers)

This thread is for the experienced To Aru Kagaku no Railgun viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the To Aru Kagaku no Railgun anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a manga virgin of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Speculation & Theories thread instead).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing manga thread.

Lummie 2009-09-30 18:48

To aru index is back but in the form of a spinoff...yay. Although i prefer that they continued with Index but anyhow. I've read the manga and it seems that we'll have to wait 2 episodes before Touma makes his appearence. Can't wait for the interactions between those 2. Especially the part where she thought she could finish him of by grabbing his hand.... only to be made fun of after because she couldn't release her powers on him. XD

Miraluka 2009-09-30 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lummie (Post 2675716)
To aru index is back but in the form of a spinoff...yay. Although i prefer that they continued with Index but anyhow. I've read the manga and it seems that we'll have to wait 2 episodes before Touma makes his appearence. Can't wait for the interactions between those 2. Especially the part where she thought she could finish him of by grabbing his hand.... only to be made fun of after because she couldn't release her powers on him. XD

Yeah a laughed at that scene, putting aside that I don't like when she losing the time when she is trying to fight Touma(or get his attention):uhoh:, she should be doing other things for future events for the science side since Touma belongs to magic side.

Lummie 2009-09-30 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 2676127)
Yeah a laughed at that scene, putting aside that I don't like when she losing the time when she is trying to fight Touma(or get his attention):uhoh:, she should be doing other things for future events for the science side since Touma belongs to magic side.

Agreed but.....

Her interactions with touma are like a 25% or less in the whole story, he doesn't appear much in the manga. She has more interactions with kuroko throughout the story and it happens that those are to me to most boring moments to be honest. The things she's doing for the science side are bringing up the sister project which totally annoys me because it feels like they are repeating the whole story with accelator and co.

Nayrael 2009-09-30 23:51

Quote:

Her interactions with touma are like a 25% or less in the whole story,
For now... wait till she meets Touma after the memory loss. I have a weird feeling that he will start appearing more often.

BlueDo 2009-10-01 04:25

Isn't the Railgun manga supposed to end before the timeline of Index even starts?
If so, we won't see Touma anymore.

But there's also the Railgun novel, which supposedly is just a series of random events.

Nayrael 2009-10-01 07:52

Quote:

Isn't the Railgun manga supposed to end before the timeline of Index even starts?
Currently, Railgun manga happens at the same time as the events of the third Index novel and even focuses on exactly the same stuff but from Mikoto's perspective instead of Touma's. Touma should re-appear in a chapter or two.

Miraluka 2009-10-01 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lummie (Post 2676199)
Agreed but.....

Her interactions with touma are like a 25% or less in the whole story, he doesn't appear much in the manga. She has more interactions with kuroko throughout the story and it happens that those are to me to most boring moments to be honest. The things she's doing for the science side are bringing up the sister project which totally annoys me because it feels like they are repeating the whole story with accelator and co.

What about those Railgun extras of the Dvd/BDs?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayrael (Post 2676240)
For now... wait till she meets Touma after the memory loss. I have a weird feeling that he will start appearing more often.

I have the opposite feeling XD. Since his memory loss they met a few times, many of them with no relevance to the story... I like her character but, when she come close to Touma she becomes a bit annoying, I prefer them ohe their side instead together
Spoiler for maybe cause:

Lummie 2009-10-02 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 2677493)
Spoiler for maybe cause:

"Grabs head because of the bad memories flooding in......"

Bringing up most of the cursed pairings that ruined good anime for me... good move :rolleyes:. Well i can't bring any argument against that....:D

ps. Hitagi is 99% tsundra and 1% tsundre to me.

Fandal 2009-10-08 03:03

So, what does everyone think Kuroko's secondary special ability might be? For example, Misaka. Not only can she do the Railgun technique, she can summon lightning as well as have total mastery over electricity. Kinda like Accelerator, she can also interface with other humans as well as computers in a telepathy sort of fashion.

Keroko 2009-10-08 03:57

It's not really a secondary ability, it's more using one ability to achieve multiple effects. Mikoto uses her electro powers to interface with computers, but that is still Mikoto using her electro powers to that effect.

A psychic can have only one ability, as stated by Mikoto.

As for Kuroko... perhaps she could use her teleportation to disasemble objects?

MeisterBabylon 2009-10-08 06:10

Ah yes the teleport grenade. :p

Kuroko can move herself and other things she touches through time and space... Maybe move things she can't touch but can be conscious off through time and space? Or at level 5 travel through time instead of space? :p

Though you really gotta be a higher rank (or rather learning a new way to use your 1 ability gets you a higher rank) to have secondary abilities.

dahak 2009-10-08 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 2691005)
Ah yes the teleport grenade. :p

Kuroko can move herself and other things she touches through time and space... Maybe move things she can't touch but can be conscious off through time and space? Or at level 5 travel through time instead of space? :p

Though you really gotta be a higher rank (or rather learning a new way to use your 1 ability gets you a higher rank) to have secondary abilities.

IIRC Kuroko's not level 5 because she has to pause between teleports [she needs a short prep time] and/or can't remotely teleport things.

I'll point out she destroys a building using her power even if she hasn't worked out how to steal indirect kisses with it yet. [If she could teleport things remotely or do swaps, she could swap crepes]

I'll point out that Level 3 Electrokinetics [the Imouto's] can use their powers for psuedo telepathy. The only thing we know Misaka can do they can't is the electrical field sense, or they wouldn't need the headgear. [Though her railgun is implied to be something they also can't duplicate yet.] So fancy stunts are available at lower levels.

Eventually Uiharu will use her power and we'll get to see more of what a level 1 can do. Saten's single frame of sparklies not being helpful in that regard.
I think we might assume Akemi's pre Level UppeR telekinesis [lifting pens] is level 1 at best which implies lifting people at a couple of meters is in level 2 at highest.

MrTerrorist 2009-10-08 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 2691005)
Kuroko can move herself and other things she touches through time and space... Maybe move things she can't touch but can be conscious off through time and space?Or at level 5 travel through time instead of space? :p

There is one person i know that has that kind of ability...but i won't tell you that much except that person will appear in season 2 of Index but did made a cameo appearance in Season 1. You can probably guess who that person is.

tsunade666 2009-10-08 10:11

But the one your talking about has problem of her own. Specially she's scared of her ability and I really wish their will be a 2nd season to begin with... oohh I wish daihasei festival.

As for kuroko teleporting the things she didn't touch in the building. It's mot like she didn't touch it at all. She touch the first mirror but its all connected maybe that's the reason.

Maybe kuroko should start with teleporting more than two things at once.

IppoTsuko 2010-10-11 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 2691216)
There is one person i know that has that kind of ability...but i won't tell you that much except that person will appear in season 2 of Index but did made a cameo appearance in Season 1. You can probably who that person is.

that girl is like some mad yandere! she got mental health problem i tell ya! if not she could be a level 5!

zaeraal 2013-04-12 12:13

The first episode is out and with it the OP.
OP was great, but wait, what? Touma + Kuroko + Mikoto vs Mugino?
I hope that's only in OP or the fans are going to eat JCStaff alive :D

Miraluka 2013-04-12 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaeraal (Post 4633016)
The first episode is out and with it the OP.
OP was great, but wait, what? Touma + Kuroko + Mikoto vs Mugino?
I hope that's only in OP or the fans are going to eat JCStaff alive :D

I know, but knowing Mikoto that probability is out of her options, you know, never asking for help but being the first person to complain if no one asks for her help :heh:.

I posted the opening in the ep.1 thread but with a shitty resolution.

mark1246 2013-04-12 12:44

I feel so bad for the people who haven't read the manga and see the OP with Kuroko and Touma in the end. Their thoughts "OMG OMG OMG, TOUMA GONNA BE IN THEIR SWEET JESUS YES!!!!!!"

reality: NONE of that happen :(, probably in some parallel universe or fan fiction yes, but not in our world.

Dyingbreath 2013-04-12 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahak (Post 2691136)
IIRC Kuroko's not level 5 because she has to pause between teleports [she needs a short prep time] and/or can't remotely teleport things.

I'll point out she destroys a building using her power even if she hasn't worked out how to steal indirect kisses with it yet. [If she could teleport things remotely or do swaps, she could swap crepes]

I'll point out that Level 3 Electrokinetics [the Imouto's] can use their powers for psuedo telepathy. The only thing we know Misaka can do they can't is the electrical field sense, or they wouldn't need the headgear. [Though her railgun is implied to be something they also can't duplicate yet.] So fancy stunts are available at lower levels.

Eventually Uiharu will use her power and we'll get to see more of what a level 1 can do. Saten's single frame of sparklies not being helpful in that regard.
I think we might assume Akemi's pre Level UppeR telekinesis [lifting pens] is level 1 at best which implies lifting people at a couple of meters is in level 2 at highest.

I think she could do swap eventually if she practiced it. I personally think a neat trick would be compression, teleporting an object into itself to make it disappear entirely.
If that doesn't work just teleport it downwards 80 meters and it'll disappear.
Mugino fight would be over in a second if Kuroko was involved. Touma as well for obvious reasons.