AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [PS3] Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114913)

MakubeX2 2012-09-20 20:11

[PS3] Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

http://imageshack.us/a/img515/9148/5059e41b93c1d.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/20021391.html

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/19/ki...ures-remaster/

Quote:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix announced for PS3, features remastered PS2 games

Square Enix has revealed Kingdom Hearts is finally on its way to current-era home consoles. In typical wacky naming fashion for the publisher, the bundle including HD remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will launch in 2013 under the banner of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

No stranger to re-releases, the Kingdom Hearts franchise will further update the PS2 re-release of Chain of Memories – originally a GBA game – to the PS3. Final Mix was a Japanese-exclusive re-release of the first game, which added new content found in the North American version of the game. Though the DS-exclusive 358/2 Days would probably see the most tweaking to get it to land on home consoles, speculation based on a Famitsu report is the PS3 release will only feature remade cutscenes from in the handheld title and not its gameplay.

Additionally, Square Enix revealed a browser-based, online social card game set within the Kingdom Hearts universe, according to the same Famitsu report.

Joystiq has a team in Japan for TGS 2012 – which officially begins tomorrow – and will look to have Square Enix explain exactly what the PS3 bundle includes and whether the company plans to bring it stateside.
So, where is my FFX HD ?

Rising Dragon 2012-09-20 20:15

So does this HD rerelease gonna reach the US? Or should I just nod and be on my way?

SilverSyko 2012-09-20 20:23

Really only interested in purchasing this if it's localized. Mainly because it will be the first instance of a Final Mix build of a game to finally be released in North America. Otherwise...I'll pass.

If it will be, I'm a bit disappointed there's no KH2 Final Mix on it, but it being saved for the "2.5 HD Remix" seems a likely possibility.

And I'm somewhat glad it's just 358/2 Days' cutscenes being remade. As an actual game it's probably one of the worst in the series along with Re:coded. :heh:

Von Himmel 2012-09-20 22:33

It's a good news for me since I haven't finished CoM yet :heh: I wonder what kind of remastered will they do for this game... I mean, will it only be graphic update?

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-09-21 02:38

Part of me wishes they use the system of KH2 for the HD version of KH1, and to take out the shark and Sabor, but I know they won't do that-v-. Those 2 scared the crap out of me appearing out of nowhere...

Saudademaru 2012-09-21 03:09

I look forward to the series being all on PS3. It's too hard keeping up with it on every little thing (psp/3DS/PS3, bla). I played most of the KH games and really liked the ending of Birth By Sleep. I'll buy it if it is an HD remake with trophies. As for gameplay, I don't like it when gameplay or content is changed in a remake. Just the graphics for the most part.

Mateus 2012-09-21 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 4361861)
Part of me wishes they use the system of KH2 for the HD version of KH1, and to take out the shark and Sabor, but I know they won't do that-v-. Those 2 scared the crap out of me appearing out of nowhere...

I wonder if Sabor-- or the rest of the Tarzan world will even reappear, I recall SE or Disney or both having issues with the authors estate because "they" (the family) felt they weren't using his story properly or something to that effect.

Benoit 2012-09-22 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4361468)
And I'm somewhat glad it's just 358/2 Days' cutscenes being remade. As an actual game it's probably one of the worst in the series along with Re:coded. :heh:

What are you talking about? 358/2 Days brought the series's trademark gameplay back, and Re:coded is pretty fun. At least that's what I got from reviews and a friend who played all of them.

FlareKnight 2012-09-22 13:31

If it does come over might really pick it up. For whatever reason didn't actually play any of the Kingdom Hearts games so this would be one heck of a way to get into it.

Destined_Fate 2012-09-22 16:44

I wonder how many more of these we'll get before they finally give us KH3... I mostly want it because they alluded that Kairi is going to actually fight this time. So I want to see if they were just fooling around with us or not.

GDB 2012-09-22 17:00

I'll get it assuming it comes over. Sold my KH 1 and 2 copies long ago, and never played the other two. Been meaning to buy them again, but if I can get an HD version I might as well.

Xagzan 2012-09-22 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4364300)
I'll get it assuming it comes over. Sold my KH 1 and 2 copies long ago, and never played the other two. Been meaning to buy them again, but if I can get an HD version I might as well.

Other two? There are, what, 5 other games now? :heh:

RRW 2012-09-24 14:23

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 4364344)
Other two? There are, what, 5 other games now? :heh:

i think he talking about rechain and days

Xagzan 2012-09-24 16:10

Oh, well unfortunately he's still not going to get to play both of the other 2, since Days is just cutscenes.

But at least COM is very worthwhile if you've never played it before.

Rising Dragon 2012-09-24 16:16

It's speculated that Days is just cutscenes, we have no confirmation on that just yet.

RRW 2012-09-24 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4367295)
It's speculated that Days is just cutscenes, we have no confirmation on that just yet.

i thought it confirmed. no? i mean how do you do dual screen gaming on PS3 without being annoying and confusing (not to mention touchscreen)

Mateus 2012-09-24 17:42

Well if they could renig CoM from the GBA into Re:CoM for the PS2 then they could definitely do the same for days from DS to the PS3 and they've had long enough time to think/plan how they're gonna do it, it could have been in-development for a while longer than we know.

Rising Dragon 2012-09-24 17:42

"Though the DS-exclusive 358/2 Days would probably see the most tweaking to get it to land on home consoles, speculation based on a Famitsu report is the PS3 release will only feature remade cutscenes from in the handheld title and not its gameplay."

Shadow5YA 2012-09-24 22:00

And here's the trailer:

The 358/2 Days cutscene at the end definitely looks polished, but there's no gameplay for it in the trailer, which is probably why famitsu speculated there wouldn't be any.

Asuras 2012-09-24 23:46

Great, another not Kingdom Hearts 3.