AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Monster [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5659)

Ral 2004-01-23 19:10

Monster

I heard that this had a really good story. Can someone give me a summary of what it's about? If it's not licensed, where can I get scans for it?

stpehen 2004-01-23 19:16

Dr. Tenma is a Japanese man working in Germany. He has it all, incredible medical skill, a great job, a beautiful fiancee. He becomes disillusioned with the hospital politics though, when one day he's ordered to forgo operating on a critically injured man in favor of someone who was more famous. After this point, he decides he will do what he thinks is right, regardless of politics.

One day, a young boy and his younger sister were brought in. The boy had a bullet in his head, an operation that the doctor knows only he is capable of completing successfully. But soon after a politician was brought to the hospital and the high ups in the hospital want Dr. Tenma to leave the boy to operate on the politician. Dr. Tenma decides that he'll do what's right and save the young boy's life.

The young boy's operation was a success, but the surgeons operating on the politician fail, prompting his life to fall apart. Dr. Tenma is passed over for a promotion and his fiancee becomes cold to him and eventually leaves him.

But soon after, strange murders begin to occur, ones that benefit Dr. Tenma greatly and though he becomes the #1 suspect, they have no evidence against him. But it seems that the boy whose life he saved has a hand in things, and that he is much more than he seems...

You can get Monster in @mangascreener on irc.mircx.com

eLstar 2004-04-04 22:57

I've got one word to say for the recent chapters of Monster that have been released by Manga Screener.

Damn.

Spoiler for Volume 17 of Monster:

TronDD 2004-04-05 01:20

I started reading the manga last night so I can watch the anime afterwords. I'm up to volume 11 and will be caught up to the scanlations by tomorrow, maybe by the end of tonight.

It is a really well written story. Reminds me of "The Fugitive" and "Pretender" with it's own genius mixed in. It's a murder mystery, suspense, drama so if you like that sort of thing, it's well worth reading. Even if you don't (I'm not exactly a big fan of that type of story) it's still a very good read.

PS: Mangascreener has a torrent for the first 15 volumes so it's super easy to get, too. No waiting in queues on IRC one chapter at a time.

PS: Monster torrent seems to be dead. But you can still get it direct download pretty easily.

EDIT: I just finished volume 17. It's all comming together now. :)

Vicious 2004-04-05 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranz
I've got one word to say for the recent chapters of Monster that have been released by Manga Screener.

Damn.

Spoiler for Volume 17 of Monster:

I agree with it all.
Spoiler:

eLstar 2004-04-05 21:11

Spoiler:

whatever123 2004-04-14 07:00

ok i've reached the begining of chapter 18 and i've got some questions
Spoiler:

Vicious 2004-04-14 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever123
ok i've reached the begining of chapter 18 and i've got some questions
Spoiler:

You meant volume 18, don't you, wahetever-san? Well, if you did, here are your answers. If you didn't, don't read below, because there are major spoilers that aren't revealed before volume 17.
Spoiler:

whatever123 2004-04-15 01:41

thanx vicious-san :)

actually my fifth question was ranting

edit: yes i did mean vol 18 but i was very messed up after reading it that i had many typos when writting the post

fenrihr 2004-04-15 03:02

just read the first few of vol 18 myself.... damn urasawa is good.
the one w/ tenma 'n' lunge..... i had to read those about 5 times, tried to get the mood of it right..... awesome...

and the end of the latest chapter too. dam.

i have to say this is probably the best manga i've read, storywise. i'd rate it up there with King books in terms of mess-with-your-head - ness. though this has had less of a defnitive villain until this point.

WabukiSensei 2004-04-17 11:19

I've been able to download the bittorent up until volume 15 of the manga, but I can't seem to get it on IRC since MIRCX is down....any other options?

eLstar 2004-04-17 11:41

Yeah. Try this link

Also....

Spoiler for Volume 18:

duskphoenix 2004-04-17 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranz
Spoiler for Volume 18:

Spoiler:

WabukiSensei 2004-04-18 10:06

Spoiler for About volume 11, hehehe..still reading the rest:

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Dranz!!! Now all that's left is volume 18 :)

brightman 2004-04-18 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duskphoenix
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Vol18:

emessen 2004-04-22 01:05

has anyone read the latest 2 chapters of volume 18?

Spoiler:

Yebyosh 2004-04-22 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by emessen
has anyone read the latest 2 chapters of volume 18?

Spoiler:

If you are that irritated by what you say, it would better if you do not read the conclusion (i.e. the final chapter).

Spoiler for Final Chapter:

GreyArea 2004-04-26 18:42

For those unaware, Mangascreener have finished the last chapter which is now available on bittorrent (irchighway is being DDoS'ed at the moment so they ahve to use BT for now).

You can get it here

WabukiSensei 2004-04-26 18:49

I hafta agree with emessen.
Spoiler for Chapter 18 spoiler:

mirichan 2004-04-26 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
Spoiler for Chapter 18 spoiler:

Mmm... I disagree but I'm not sure of my interpretation so here goes:

Spoiler: