AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shining Blade [PSP] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108555)

Sides 2011-11-24 06:34

Shining Blade [PSP]

Homepage: http://shining-world.jp/blade/

Basically a new Shining game from Sega. What is interesting it that it will be using a new combat system, that is similar to Valkyria Chronicles.
Release date is somewhere in 2012, for PSP. Character design is again, from Tony Taka.
Unfortunately no sound of an oversea release, so fire up your email accounts and start pestering SEGA EU or NA

No port begging please, although like most people I would like a PS3 version

AnimeFangirl 2011-11-24 17:30

Forget it. It's never going to come out in the West. Even Shining Hearts didn't make it, and that game looked great.

kuroishinigami 2011-11-24 20:29

Gameplay of shining heart was boring though. This one OTH looks interesting, or at least different. Looking forward to this. Any release date yet?

Shadow Angel 2011-11-25 01:09

The video looked nice wonder how the game-play will be.

Key Board 2012-01-07 18:59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SzdVLgZvgAQ

New video

It seems that the main characters are once again Soul Bladers (see Shining Wind)

Reiji seems to be a Souma expy/descendant?

Yukihime is a sentient sword and Hayane Fubuki expy, which is in turn an expy of Blanche Neige

The other girl Maxima made a guest appearance in Shining Hearts. She's also a Soul Blader

edit: I noticed that Yukihime's outfit is Fubuki's with a different color palette.

edit2: It seems nearly everyone from previous games are back.. but under different names

Crimrui 2012-01-07 19:42

I see that Mistral from Shining Hearts is making a return. I doubt this game will get localized, but if it does, It's on a purchase list for sure.

Key Board 2012-01-07 21:56

http://shining-world.jp/blade/chara/

several returning characters from past games

Cosmic Eagle 2012-01-07 23:19

Shining Hearts was good so I'll be waiting for this too...since it looks like it may beat the former...

March eh....around same period as Madoka...

Nightengale 2012-01-07 23:49

Thanks for the heads-up, Key Board. :D

The choice of reveals are pretty interesting to say the least... Xero's obviously not going to be listed immediately as part of the cast, but the exclusion of Mao/Souma is rather defined. Nevermind that all returning Tears characters has a name change going for them...

Can't help but suspect Xero did what he did to Ryuna with Elwing ( does she even need it? ) and Niege as well.

Key Board 2012-01-08 04:55

unless I am mistaken, half of the Shining Tears cast were princesses

maybe they decided it's time to not use your real name

or maybe it's just an alternate world. This would be a rather boring answer, though.

Nightengale 2012-01-08 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Key Board (Post 3938005)
or maybe it's just an alternate world. This would be a rather boring answer, though.

Yeah, possible answer too... considering that the Shining-verse does rely on the whole 'alternate world' concept. Hearts also expanded on that further considering that Maxima
Spoiler for Hearts:
So there's more than just 'End Earth' and the 'Normal Earth.'

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Spoiler for Shining Hearts:

shmaster 2012-01-08 19:43

Sakuya Maxima, her identity is....

Spoiler:

...... so yeah, Xero's entire family has no normal people.

Speaking of which, the top three box containing the main characters still have one empty box, who think the last main character would be Rona, who carries the other Yukihime?

BTW, where did the Tears character got name change? I don't see it.
Blanche just use her first name, Ryuna just use her Kanji name, Rana is also an other name Elwin had used in the past....

Nightengale 2012-01-08 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 3938965)
...... so yeah, Xero's entire family has no normal people.

Was Xion's(Xero) past actually clarified in Tears? I can't seem to remember much beyond the amnesia, twin rings and Xion's Berserker/Jesus SEED Mode. :p

And... I totally forgot that Elwyn had used a different name in the past. When she first found Xion, was it? >.>

Ryuna's name wasn't changed, but I kinda ignored that since well... she's kinda different anyway.

shmaster 2012-01-08 21:55

Tears briefly explained who Xion's parents are. But more details is explained in Hearts and the art book.
His mother, Xenovia is a pure blooded witch, like Blanche's mother. Xenovia is also the very person who engineered Xion to the way he is.

Spoiler:

And his father Maxima is naturally not a normal person too, being related to Sakuya Maxima. And hopefully Blade would fully explain the relationship between them.

Speaking of family issue. When they are going to clean up Kariya and Kreha's lose plot threads?

Key Board 2012-01-08 23:28

what plot thread?

Kureha wants Kiriya in her panties and so does Sheena. And then they went back to the human world

Souma is still in the other world, presumably with Mao as his girlfriend if the anime is to be believed

shmaster 2012-01-09 06:21

The plot thread about Kureha's mother, and the Relic that was buried beneath their town.

Spoiler:

Key Board 2012-01-09 06:40

Ok, I didn't know that. Thanks.
I've only skimmed through the Shining Wind game and the anime obviously didn't say anything about that

but anyway, I'm guessing that "a relic did it" is the default answer for every question in this Universe?
every grand plot so far is proxy power struggle for relics?

Is the twin ring a relic?

How about the ability to draw soul blades? Was that also caused by a relic?

shmaster 2012-01-09 07:06

Not necessarily. The Relics are just tools, the problems are the idiots that are after the Relic's power.
Or Xeroborus who were purposely trying to boot up Relics to create chaos. Technically, Xeroborus caused more problem than anyone else.

The twin ring is not a Relic. The Relics are those large vessel that take the form of certain lifeforms and serve as the container of super nature power. (Beast & Dragon in Tears. Sea Dragon & Elf & Human in Wind)

Soul Blade is different from Relic. On the other hand, Mikos are directly tied to Relics.
Just a note, Kiria and Kureha carries the blood line of both a Miko and Soul Blader. That is why their power is above average Miko and Soul Bladers.

Crimrui 2012-01-09 08:36

Alright, I see that this game will also have character interactions that could alter the relationship, but somehow the bigger number of characters kinda leads me to believe that there won't be character specific ending like few previous Shining games had. Or maybe not all of them are romancable. Anyone know any solid info about this?

KBTKaiser 2012-01-09 11:09

I think the character specifics will be limited to the Loreleis.