AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tales of the Abyss (Archive) (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Tales of the Abyss generic anime discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67611)

Master Tasuke 2008-10-31 16:44

Tales of the Abyss is one of my absolute favorite RPGs. i wish somebody would have made 11" dolls of Colette and Natalia! i have the small scale figures of them, you can see them here in my gallery: http://shaorin-chan.deviantart.com/

Kenoshin 2008-10-31 22:07

can I use one of the jade pictures that are in your thread from episode 2? :D

Undertaker 2008-10-31 22:45

I love the game as well, just checked the anime adaption, the story has a pretty good pace so far, I love the VAs and wish the game had kept its original Japanese voice, ( That should be a rule to all Japan originate games, with exception of FF and Meatl Gear since they are the only two series that actually put in efforts for English dubbing, not to mention by keeping Japanese VA, the localization should be much faster.)

One thing surprises me through, Natalia is really cute in the anime. In the game, while I like Natalia, and she got a cute face, but but she just doesn't strike me the way Tear does, but for some reason, Natalia in anime completely won me over, Tear no longer dominates the fight for the leading gal of Abyss. (BTW, I still likw Tear more, but its turns to a pretty close fight)

Daniel E. 2008-10-31 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 2026957)
One thing surprises me through, Natalia is really cute in the anime. In the game, while I like Natalia, and she got a cute face, but but she just doesn't strike me the way Tear does, but for some reason, Natalia in anime completely won me over, Tear no longer dominates the fight for the leading gal of Abyss. (BTW, I still likw Tear more, but its turns to a pretty close fight)

I am also liking Natalia more in the anime than I did so in the game.

Same for Anise. :)

FlareKnight 2008-10-31 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 2026957)

Personally my feelings for the characters aren't that different between anime and the game. Natalia I like just about the same though looking forward to moments later in the series for her. While I liked Tear it never really went far beyond handy character to have in a fight :heh:.

Looking forward to seeing if I feel too differently about characters after seeing the series. Be interesting for comparison at any rate.

rose-wisteria 2008-11-01 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by demon_god04 (Post 2026265)
And also a place to discuss the adaptation from game to anime and how they may change events to fit into a different medium. Plus as you mentioned the coming episodes should spawn alot of thought provoking discussions as Tales of the Abyss does have an interesting plot and a caste of great characters.

Plus I want a thread for the worship of Jade Curtis, the god of TotA. Screw Julia, Jade is the one that deserves a religion in his name. :heh:

Sometimes, I wish I'm watching this with no knowledge of the game because it'll be easier to join in discussions like that. Still, like you, it'll be nice to compare differences. So far, not many noticeable ones I must say.

I second that. I'll join that religion for Jade. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 2026998)
I am also liking Natalia more in the anime than I did so in the game.

Same for Anise. :)

For me, it's Tear and Anise. I always like Natalia. I really dislike Tear's English VA so hearing Yukana as Tear is so refreshing. I love Tear a lot more now. As for Anise, the seiryuu must be doing something like because it's from dislike to like now. :)

aroduc 2008-11-01 14:20

They spent longer in the factory than they did in Choral.

That's uh...

Okay...?

Basically everything that happened in there was new/fillerish stuff, including a Natalia flashback, Tear being scared, etc etc.

kureizero 2008-11-01 15:14

If I remember right most of factory scenes were just skits animated and not anything original (minus Natalia's past). In the end, it was just so they can stall and end it where the last episode should have.

aroduc 2008-11-01 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kureizero (Post 2028130)
If I remember right most of factory scenes were just skits animated and not anything original (minus Natalia's past). In the end, it was just so they can stall and end it where the last episode should have.

Well, considering that they're blitzing through all of Zao, Chesedonia, and (probably ending at) Deo Pass next week, the pacing here seems a bit wonky.

serenade_beta 2008-11-01 15:24

Spoiler for ep6:

NoLongerSane 2008-11-01 15:29

I read the blog and saw the images for the episode. From what I saw, it shows how Ion was transported via Dark Wings car. Was happy to see that the spider boss was included in this episode, though I remember the creature being a lot bigger than what was dipicted in the images. I will have to see the episode when it comes out to see what else was added or subtracted. It looks like an enjoyable episode to watch.

Darkurai 2008-11-01 16:44

So they finally
Spoiler:
then? Good. Now people will stop complaining that it's hidden when it's shown in the opening. They did that in the game too.

xellos2099 2008-11-01 22:06

I am kind fo surprise they would include the contamination effect sidequest here.

aroduc 2008-11-01 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by xellos2099 (Post 2028706)
I am kind fo surprise they would include the contamination effect sidequest here.

I think they were desperate for another 30 seconds to fill and can only show Ion going "You are...!" so many times.

Starks 2008-11-02 02:22

Holy shit.

yolin.shana 2008-11-02 03:28

I loved this episode<3

velkito 2008-11-02 04:02

I dropped this show a little after the middle of ep.4. Two silly lolies talking silly stuff at the middle of some silly "battle" *wth sigh* Anyone wanna convince me to continue though? :)

Crimrui 2008-11-02 05:38

I'm voting for making the Jade and Tear social group. :)

RamzaOwns 2008-11-02 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by velkito (Post 2029165)
I dropped this show a little after the middle of ep.4. Two silly lolies talking silly stuff at the middle of some silly "battle" *wth sigh* Anyone wanna convince me to continue though? :)

pretend anise doesnt exist

yolin.shana 2008-11-02 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by velkito (Post 2029165)

Arietta is only one of the six God-Generals, she's not going to appear all the time. She's my favourite, personnally (not counting Asch, of course =3), but if you don't like lolies, the others have an interesting story too.
I'd say at least wait for Akzeriuth, then decide whether or not you want to continue.