AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   (L) Aki Sora OVA (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83823)

NeoSam 2009-07-11 13:36

Aki Sora OVA

The shounen/seinen manga Aki Sora by Itosugi Masahiro will be getting an OVA adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090712

The OVA will be released with the limited edition third manga volume which will be released on December 18th, 2009.

あきそら
Aki Sora

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Champion Red Ichigo.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of the manga.

Covers:

From MangaUpdates:

Quote:

Aki Sora revolves around Aki Aoi and Sora Aoi, a pair of close siblings who have shared an intimate bond since childhood. During their coming of age, they each come to realize the true depth of the love they feel for each other and consummate that love in secret. They keep their younger sister, Nami, Sora’s twin in the dark about their new relationship. Nami, clueless of what is happening in her household aims to set her brother up with her best friend, Kana Sumiya. Despite these relationships Nami seems to have feelings for someone near to her too but keeps them secret.
Mangaka: Itosugi Masahiro

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Romance

FireChick 2009-07-11 13:46

I wonder if this is gonna end up like Angel Sanctuary?:heh:

Von Himmel 2009-07-11 13:53

Oh wow, this one really got animated ? o.o;
@firechick : what happened with Angel Sanctuary ? o.o;

Ice-CooL 2009-07-11 13:55

Hmm I wasn't expecting this series to get an adaptation..., the manga is pretty hardcore, on par with hentai titles,...you got:
Spoiler for manga:

OceanBlue 2009-07-11 14:00

I don't see how this won't be hentai....

Edit: Ah, didn't read it. It's an OVA with the manga release. That makes more sense.

NeoSam 2009-07-11 14:00

Here's images from the first volume of the seinen manga Aki Sora: (NSFW)
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50781389.html

Von Himmel 2009-07-11 14:17

^
Whoa ? is it okay to post that in this thread ? o.o;
I was thinking that this might be similiar to Shoujo Sect, but... The staffs somehow make me doubt it.
Quote:

*Staff Credits:
Director: Takahashi Takeo (”Spice and Wolf”)
Character Design: Kuroda Kazuya (”Spice and Wolf”)
Scenario: Hanada Jukki (”Rozen Maiden”)
\

Falkor 2009-07-11 14:18

oh, no way... :heh:

are they really planning to animate this title? if I remember correctly, every chapter had at least a "soft sex scene"---ehhh, not that surprising given the nature of the magazine. and they were pushing the limits a bit, especially in the last chapter I had read.

I thought the manga was good, especially the bits of drama that were introduced every now and then--- but I didn't particularly like those "soft sex scenes" for being rather tacked to each chapter. oh well, not that I know the main reason why they want to animate this... :heh:

NeoSam 2009-07-11 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyvedelta (Post 2508339)
^
Whoa ? is it okay to post that in this thread ? o.o;

The manga was serialized in a shounen manga magazine, other than this manga all other manga from the magazine are mentioned to be shounen manga, but this is the only manga mentioned by the publisher to be seinen.

So I'm really not sure if its ok or not, its serialized in a shounen manga magazine is my excuse :D

Edit:

I added NSFW to that post so people will know it contains adult content.

KnightHart 2009-07-11 14:48

well it have some yuri on it....so I will watch it lol

zato_1one 2009-07-11 16:19

Isn't this hentai manga!?! :confused:

How the hell this can be published in shounen magazine!? :twitch:

I just know today that its genre is only labeled as seinen. It's definitely hentai in my book. :heh:

Can't wait for the OVA. lol

Sterling01 2009-07-11 16:56

I hope they animate the gang bang chapter...

Kimura sensei 2009-07-11 19:31

I'm glad they decided to animate this.
This is probably my favourite manga. It deals a lot with the morals about sex. Some parts of the manga are trully liberating.

Having a lot of hot girls don't hurt either.

Bonta Kun 2009-07-11 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by zato_1one (Post 2508596)
Isn't this hentai manga!?! :confused:

How the hell this can be published in shounen magazine!? :twitch:

I just know today that its genre is only labeled as seinen. It's definitely hentai in my book. :heh:

Can't wait for the OVA. lol

haha well instead of calling it a hardcore senien romance(btw which has a rather weak romance element to it) I put it as a softcore hentai cause that what it bascially is. Story just shouts hentai and thats what it really should have been.

cause of its rather thin border on where it stands it kinda fails in this aspect, its like a hentai series that wants to have some sort of plot but doesn't want to show us anything good;)

well putting that aside I'll watch it anyway:p

Fandal 2009-07-11 20:11

Isn't this that controversial manga which "challenges the limit of a non-adult magazine" - from that site above (en.akibablog.net)?

margafred 2009-07-11 20:24

Oh lol i was hoping they will animate GoSick or S9...but this one not bad i guess? :heh:

ZODDGUTS 2009-07-11 20:29

Would have prefered Yomeiro Choice to have been animated over this, oh well hopefully that gets animated one day.

NeoSam 2009-07-11 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fandal (Post 2508935)
Isn't this that controversial manga which "challenges the limit of a non-adult magazine" - from that site above (en.akibablog.net)?

Yes, exactly, its a shounen manga magazine, with only this manga (Aki Sora) described as seinen manga by the publisher while all the other manga from the same magazine (that have been published in volumes) are described as shounen manga.

A "general" readership magazine (well, its a shounen magazine) that serilizes one mature manga lol

Falkor 2009-07-11 21:19

it's not like Aki Sora is the only controversial title published under this magazine. Some stuff in Champion Red Ichigo and its sister Champion Red are also pushing the limits. taking for example Yomeiro Choice (which I want to see animated as well), this manga is pretty much walking on a very thin line, with some stuff that will make you think twice about the non-adult nature of the magazine. Seikon no Qwaser, soon to be an anime adaptation, seems to be another title that also has its fair share of controversial content. I will even throw Franken Fran into the mix for being quite unique... but we all know that it has very little in common with the aforementioned titles even though it's published under the same magazine. :heh:

NeoSam 2009-07-11 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2509028)
it's not like Aki Sora is the only controversial title published under this magazine. Some stuff in Champion Red Ichigo and its sister Champion Red are also pushing the limits. taking for example Yomeiro Choice (which I want to see animated as well), this manga is pretty much walking on a very thin line, with some stuff that will make you think twice about the non-adult nature of the magazine. Seikon no Qwaser, soon to be an anime adaptation, seems to be another title that also has its fair share of controversial content. I will even throw Franken Fran into the mix for being quite unique... but we all know that it has very little in common with the aforementioned titles even though it's published under the same magazine. :heh:

You can think of them as smut in shounen manga magazines :heh:, because other than this manga (Aki Sora), manga like Seikon no Qwaser, and Franken Fran, and others that come from both these shounen manga magazines (Champion Red and its sister magazine Champion Red Ichigo) are mentioned to be shounen manga by the publisher.

Its like they are trying to get these magazines as controversial as possible :heh: which somehow I like :D mature shounen manga :D :heh: