AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Kirarin Revolution (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30838)

Apocryphal 2006-05-08 21:06

Yeah, I too noticed the similarity between KR and MMPPP in episode 03, where the character design was very inconsistent. In one shot of Kirari, I was like, "hey, if she dyed her hair and change her eye color, she would become Luchia"

I think that KR is (at least it should be) different from idol/music animes like MMPPP, Full Moon, Fancy Lala, Creamy Mami etc., since this is not a mahou shoujo series. Kirari does not transform to the idol, so the series would soley focus her life as an idol, instead of her attempt to live double lives. This in itself is sort of "revolutionary." (well, not really, since Lemon Angel Project was not mahou shoujo either...)

Hating food? That's unthinkable! Food is one of the pleasures of life! One of the reason I like Kirari is because she knows how to live her life to the fullest - something that the majority of us cannot do.

Yeah, the eyecatches are awesome... They are static in the first 3 episodes, then a new sequence of eyecatches start in episode 04. It was kawaii!

Quarkboy 2006-05-08 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocryphal
Yeah, I too noticed the similarity between KR and MMPPP in episode 03, where the character design was very inconsistent. In one shot of Kirari, I was like, "hey, if she dyed her hair and change her eye color, she would become Luchia"

I think that KR is (at least it should be) different from idol/music animes like MMPPP, Full Moon, Fancy Lala, Creamy Mami etc., since this is not a mahou shoujo series. Kirari does not transform to the idol, so the series would soley focus her life as an idol, instead of her attempt to live double lives. This in itself is sort of "revolutionary." (well, not really, since Lemon Angel Project was not mahou shoujo either...)

Nah, you're forgeting everyone's favorite idol (well, tv star, anyway), Sana-chan from kodocha!

I think kirarin takes a lot from that show. Although it's not as good, for a variety of reasons.

Chiibi 2006-05-10 14:46

Kirarin and Kodocha?

No way, they are very VERY different. x_x

Quarkboy 2006-05-10 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi
Kirarin and Kodocha?

No way, they are very VERY different. x_x

Um, I wasn't saying they were similar, other than the fact that Kirarin is not revolutionary for being a show with a main star as an idol that doesn't transform or have magical powers.

Chiibi 2006-05-11 09:50

OHHH okay.

Quote:

I think kirarin takes a lot from that show. Although it's not as good, for a variety of reasons.
I was talking about that part.

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-14 10:40

I'm watching this in chinese subs, since the english subs isn't out yet. My friend got 1 volume of Caoi (which Kirarin Revolution runs) and I liked the art there, I'm waiting for the manga to be release in chinese or english.

I think the anime would be about 52 episodes long, shoujo anime (that is for young female audience) tends to be 52 episode long, if it gets popular, it might have another season or something. I don't really mind the fillers, it's okay for shoujo to have fillers.

I wanna see the part in volume 3 now, I wonder when will it be out ;_;

Apocryphal 2006-05-14 20:15

There are dramatic differences in the Kodocha and Kirarin Revolution:
1. Sana more of an actor, while Kirari is more of a singer (Sana raps, but that does not count)
2. One annoying mascot that can talk in Kodocha; mascot parade later in KR
Spoiler:

Despite the differences, there are similarities
1. Genkiness and Loliness, Vanity and Drama queens as leads
2. No Mahou Shoujo
3. Mascot smarter than most people in there
4. Creepy manager
Spoiler:

Although there are similarities, the undertone of both animes is just different. To say that Kirarin Revolution takes a lot ideas from Kodocha is a bit of a stretch.

BTW, musume_no_hoshi, is the ciao magazine that you mentioned in Chinese? If so, gotta get one when I go to China this summer vacation!
Also, Kirarin Revolution has released 6 volumes in Japan while still running in ciao. It's already translated into Chinese under the name of "偶像宣言" There are 3 volumes released in Taiwan (but not in China unfortunately), with the 4th one being processed.
Lastly, Assuming spoiler-free (which is impossble) and 52 episodes, I estimate that volume 3 should be animated at around the early to mid 30s.

To whom it may concern: In case you do not know, you can always watch the latest episode of Kirarin Revolution (or most anime, for that matter) at www.youtube.com. Just go there and search for it at the search bar. Some MM otaku uploads the episodes pretty much on time every week.

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-15 02:07

Nope, the Caoi Magazine was in japanese...Even if she did got it in Hong Kong ^^;; If it's really out in chinese, I would need to get it. I'll search in this year's manga festifal ne~ I should search the manga renting shop, it might be just lying in those places. Thanks for the chinese name, I might be able to get scans of it ^.~ Once I get it, does anyone want scans of it. (the names sounds really weird...>_> sometimes they really need to think of a better name)

I guess it is some what simerlar to Kodocha (but I admit, I like Kodocha better for the time being, but maybe KR gets better?)

Apocryphal 2006-05-15 09:17

Quote:

the names sounds really weird...>_> sometimes they really need to think of a better name
Yeah, that's what I thought at first. I mean come on "Idol Manifesto?" Where is the revolution? Wait until you see what they did to Kirari's name.

Anyways, if you like angst and multiangles relationships, then KR will get better. As of right now, KR is better in manga than in anime, so who knows if the anime will get better.

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-15 11:31

I have a feeling that Kirarin Revolution manga would be a typical shoujo type of manga, I seen the art, which is very cute ^_^ But I would think it would have typical type of shoujo scenes in it or something...Multi-triangel and shoujo angst, one of my favourite genre

Is the chinese version a Taiwan version? I think I know which puplisher it is, there's one company that does the Caoi's manga. Their translation isn't great, but I think they do a good with the editing (there this other puplisher that does horrible editing >_<)

Apocryphal 2006-05-15 16:54

Your feeling is totally right. It is pure can't-get-more-shoujo-than-this shoujo, and a kid (immature) shoujo on top of that, since it runs in ciao, which targets girls in elementary or middle school. So I can see it turning off the interests of a lot of people.
And yes, it is a Taiwanese version that I was talking about earlier.

Has anyone seen episode six yet? It had good shoujo, but bad animation quality. Is the Kirisawa Aoi an original to anime character? If not, then something is amiss here...

The 7th episode, which based on its title, should be about Kirari singing for the first time. Also, the 8th episode's title is out. Based on it, I think that Kirari should debut as a singer in public for the first time. Looking forward to both and hope that the animation quality would go up. BTW, does any one know when the anime finishes volume 01 of the manga?

Oh yeah, here is a pic of the DS game:
http://www.konamistyle.jp/upimages/0...019-J1p2_1.jpg

It has everything a shoujo game should have: cute characters, mini-games, interations, collectables, etc.

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-16 14:11

I haven't seen episode 6 yet...I'm waiting for the chinese subs to be out. But I do think this is a very very shoujo manga. I looked in a Taiwan website, I seen that volume 1 is ready out of stock ;_; I guess I can only rent it in Hong Kong now...

This anime really needs a larger budjet for its animation. I hope that the show gets more popular and then it can have better animation.

I can't wait too see more shoujo scenes, and Kirarin would start to sing about ep 8? Kya...I need to see that too.

The game reminds me of the Mermaid Melody GBA game, and like the mini-games and so on.

Apocryphal 2006-05-16 20:27

The Chinese subs are often on time. I wonder what's taking them so long. I am watching the raw, since it is a kid's show, it has easy Japanese. The show would never become Haruhi Suzumiya's level of depth. ;)

Volume 1 is out of stock? Wow, people do actually buy it. Maybe the publisher would get more volume 1 or something.

Correct me if I am wrong: I think the actual animation is done by a Korean company, hence there was a lot of weird names in the ending credits. Who knows if the quality will get better? I noticed that Kirari is drawn very carefully, but the people around her get the inconsistency treatment.

Yeah, Kirari should start singing next episode (episode 07) and debut on episode 08. I predict in episode 07, she completely fails in her singing and that near the end, she realizes that she needs to sing with feelings that she has for Seiji-kun and for the fans, so she sings better. One thing about shoujo is that its plot is easy to predict and that most of the time, the prediction is right.

I wonder if it is similar to the MMPPP game, which was like a Dance^2 Revolution sort of thing. Based on the screenshots, I do not see any sort of DDR layout. Maybe the game is focused on minigames.

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-17 10:04

It's easy to watch this in raw...even if I don't know japanese. The story line should be easy to be predicted...at the end of the day it's still shoujo. And there must be a love triangle somewhere. Because this is a idol anime, there would be a villian girl (FMwS has Madoka, and Cyber idol mink has Ayumi?) I think later we'll meet another villian type of girl.

Good prediction, I think that would happen too. Then she will sing badly, then suddenly Seji-kun or Hiroto tells her to sing with her heart. Then she shocks the producers and other workers...and the end will be Kirarin smiling....>_>

*chinese subs are out ^.~

Apocryphal 2006-05-17 22:31

About the love triangle:
Spoiler:

Yep right about the villain: but as of right now, the villain should be Erina and her dog...

Thank God, the Chinese subs are out. Let's see: 80 some seeders and 500 some leechers when released. Not bad for the kid's shoujo show :)

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-18 02:08

O...I will love to see what happens next ne~

I remember "reading" in a random chapter of KR, there was a villian type of girl that had that villian look >_> And I bet she will be say something like "I've been working so hard to be a idol, and why does Kirarin become one so easily"

I notice it was pretty well seeded, so I guess it is popular (comepare to Futago Hime and Pretty Cure...which are both kid's shoujo)

Chiibi 2006-05-18 10:55

I bought volume one of teh manga from here :D:

http://www.asahiyausa.com/

musume_no_hoshi 2006-05-19 02:04

I wouldn't have bought the japanese version of the manga, since I can't read Japanese (wish I did though...>_>) I'm gonna rent the Taiwan version in Hong Kong....if there's a hong Kong version release, I'm gonna buy that one. Thank You Ne~

I seen episode 6, it seems very typical...but I wanna seee Kirarin sing...I guess I'll download the raw.

Chiibi 2006-05-20 22:32

Her singing is soooo bad that it's hilarious. :heh:

I loled a lot at episode 7. That's on YouTube now.:D

[EDIT]

I've totally become a hopless addict of this show. x_x I find myself looking frantically for each epsiode on Youtube every week and then when each one ends, I'm like "THAT'S IT!?" D:<

I think it's the cuteness. Yeah it's cliche but....omg am I sucker for a lot of shoujo cliches especially the one where the love interest is like "I'm gonna be all mean to you and call you an idiot every chance I get but actually I care about you a lot. I, um the truth is, I LOVE YOU!" :D

gawd.....I love that stuff, it's kawaii-licious. XD

I love Kirari, I love Hiroto, I love Naa-san. I love Koi Kana, I love Sugao-Flavor. I love the adorable character designs with their HUGE eyes and long bangs. I love all the freaking cliches even. I Kirarin Revolution draws me to it so much that it's become a top priority and I've completely become its bitch. :heh:

AiravedAngel 2006-07-10 10:25

show looks nice...

and luckily LIME Anime have announced it, and are requesting a translator to help work on it :)

source: http://lime-anime.com