AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123122)

monir 2013-11-25 11:29

Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Fighters, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-25 11:39

Mixed bag for this one.

On the other hand, lot's of twist, and the plot progress again.

On the other hand, too much twist cause seizure. And Plavsky wank and metagaming is somewhat aggravating, even if it's plot important.

Generous 8/10 (I want to give 7/10 still)

G147 2013-11-25 11:50

A very good episode, nice intro for Nils and Aila, though the suit Aila wears in the end in kinda weird and makes her looks ugly.

KaiDamien 2013-11-25 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4921522)

And Plavsky wank and metagaming is somewhat aggravating, even if it's plot important.

This. Everything was good until the beam-splitting-slash. For a while after it happened, I wasn't so sure that I was still watching gundam. It was kind of disappointing that Aila thrashed the previous year champion. I was looking towards seeing how season gunpla fighters fight, but oh well.

I'm surprised that Sei didn't have to fight Mao and a few others from Japan to see who would represent Japan to go the world championship. Just I must have misinterpreted the last few episodes wrongly.

Algent 2013-11-25 12:19

That beam-split was meh :eyebrow:.
Also as you say all that Plavwanking is not interesting at all, seriously stop trying to apply science to impossible stuff :heh:.

Raso 2013-11-25 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiDamien (Post 4921532)
This. Everything was good until the beam-splitting-slash. For a while after it happened, I wasn't so sure that I was still watching gundam. It was kind of disappointing that Aila thrashed the previous year champion. I was looking towards seeing how season gunpla fighters fight, but oh well.

I'm surprised that Sei didn't have to fight Mao and a few others from Japan to see who would represent Japan to go the world championship. Just I must have misinterpreted the last few episodes wrongly.

There are different regional divisions in Japan, Mao is from the 5th division which I assume is the Kyoto region, from his accent, and already secured his spot in the finals before he was introduced, Sei is in the Tokyo region.

But yes this show is going far more in the Super Robot direction like a kids version of G Gundam. Each fighter is getting a special ability but most of them have been in Gundam before though, Sei is looking to be to be no different as he spends this episode trying to figure it out.

Spoiler:

It would be funny if The Char Clone was the only one who didn't have something uber special to match the fact that Char was not actually a powerful newtype just very very good.

Duo Maxwell 2013-11-25 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiDamien (Post 4921532)

You're still watching Gundam alright. Unless you forgot about G Gundam. Or Zeta.

DuelGundam2099 2013-11-25 12:58

I honestly don't know what that finishing move was supposed to be. You also can't get three PHDs by 13 in the US, it just can't be done even with proper funding and grade skipping. Regardless, Mr. Beargguy is coming next ep and I've been looking forward to see my favorite non-gundam mobile suit in action again.

Raso 2013-11-25 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 4921575)
I honestly don't know what that finishing move was supposed to be. You also can't get three PHDs by 13 in the US, it just can't be done even with proper funding and grade skipping. Regardless, Mr. Beargguy is coming next ep and I've been looking forward to see my favorite non-gundam mobile suit in action again.

You like Beargguy that much? What's so special about it really?

Also you must be happy it will be DLC in Shin Gundam Musou (aka Dynasty Warriors Gundam 4.)

Vsin 2013-11-25 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raso (Post 4921582)

Also you must be happy it will be DLC in Shin Gundam Musou (aka Dynasty Warriors Gundam 4.)

The Beargguy, not the Beargguy III, is showing up in Shin Gundam Musou.

DuelGundam2099 2013-11-25 13:34

Quote:

Something about him just clicks. Hell, none of my favorites have anything in common.
Quote:

Yeah I saw the demo and I don't have a PS3 unfortunately.

Pen3 2013-11-25 14:25

I didn't get much reaction out of this episode, but the next episode preview looks very exciting. Anything with China and Mr Bearguy will be amusing for sure.

Nvis 2013-11-25 17:26

That Devil Gundam 0wnage....:heh:

I'd thought a G Gundam(ex. God Gundam) would fit Neil the most if he has black belts in karate and judo.

Aila's hot, but that weird outfit+helmet at the end was ugly.

Skye629 2013-11-25 17:55

Quick Review:

Interesting episode, all in all though it did what it needed to do:

Introducing the contestants, setting the stage for the world championship, and moving the plot forward while opening up more questions

The fights were animated nicely, but my main complaint is that it seems plavsky particles can be too easily abused/exploited by those who figured out how/know the trick, but we will see where this goes

Generous 8/10

Episode Highlight:

JEGAN OWNING DEVIL GUNDAM ROFL

Special Mention:

Hyaku Shiki vs G-Saviour, I was not expecting that at all, and heck, the G-Saviour actually looked pretty nice while it lasted

BTW love Aira's intro reference

brightman 2013-11-25 19:20

This episode gave me Gundam 00 vibes - very Yousuke Kuroda-esque in terms of dialogue and pacing...

Prefer him to be less serious with this show but its a good switch of tone. Hopefully its back to the usual next week.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-25 19:46

I don't know if I'm sexist or not, but there's big difference between Nils battle and Aila's battle, I'm rooting for her, but not him.

This, despite Nils seemingly more of a brotagonist than a rival or an enemy. Aila is at the very least a doormat super minion.

Swordstriker21 2013-11-25 19:47

Gotta admit, I wasn't really expecting the G-Savior to make a cameo. Got owned by that Hyaku Shiki pretty fast. Nice ep and a Jegan taking down the Devil Gundam was the highlight of this ep from me.

FlareKnight 2013-11-25 20:17

Got a good laugh from the reaction to Aila early. As if to say "a woman pilot, what madness!" A pretty calm character overall though. Took even that surprise calmly and then curbstomped without a problem that team's usual main fighter. Not too much of a read personality wise, but damn that's one odd costume they stuck her in for the matches :heh:. Nothing like an intro with her obliterating the world champion.

A lot of monsters taking full advantage of those particles. I hope something epic comes from the amount of time they spend mentioning them. Makes you wonder though what is the end use possible for these crazy particles.

Will say the amount of stuff they piled on this 13 year old kid is getting ridiculous. 3 PHDs, black belt, oh and also has the crafting and piloting skills to be a master at gunpla. Sure, kids that are super talented at a lot of things exist, but this is just going into outright loony.

Skye629 2013-11-25 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4921862)
I don't know if I'm sexist or not, but there's big difference between Nils battle and Aila's battle, I'm rooting for her, but not him.

This, despite Nils seemingly more of a brotagonist than a rival or an enemy. Aila is at the very least a doormat super minion.

Its not sexist unless you are biased against one or the other simply due to their sex, and any stereotypes associated with their gender

Which does not seem to be the case here as you are more going by their characters/backgrounds atm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 (Post 4921864)
Gotta admit, I wasn't really expecting the G-Savior to make a cameo. Got owned by that Hyaku Shiki pretty fast. Nice ep and a Jegan taking down the Devil Gundam was the highlight of this ep from me.

To be fair though that G-Saviour was a computer simulation

Duo Maxwell 2013-11-25 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 4921893)
Will say the amount of stuff they piled on this 13 year old kid is getting ridiculous. 3 PHDs, black belt, oh and also has the crafting and piloting skills to be a master at gunpla. Sure, kids that are super talented at a lot of things exist, but this is just going into outright loony.

Exactly. They make it outright ridiculous that it's just too hilarious to take that seriously.

This ep gives an insight about what Ral said from previous ep, that "Gunpla is constantly evolving". People who are comfortable with the old way will be dethroned by the new generation. I guess Felini will be one of those who represent the old generation that could learn a way to counter the particle manipulation guys, aka the new wave of youngsters. Although I think this isn't the new technique or something, just unpopular, since Mao was taught by his master and that guy looks even older than Ral.

Pretty good ep, especially because of the lack of our main pair.