AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Shinn's Character.... (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34431)

grandmaster192 2006-07-23 03:22

Shinn's Character....

I was thinking...if we had a Seed 3(or a movie) what would Shinn's role be? I asume Kira would be the main protagonist and Athrun would be Kira's side kick. What would Shinn be doing? I personaly would like to see him run his own army like what Zechs did with the White Fang. ZAFT has the Zeon MS so Shinn's group could get OZ MS or something. I think it would be badass.

2H-Dragon 2006-07-23 03:24

He should peform a suicide for dramatic effect imo. xD

monster 2006-07-23 03:35

He should be left alone to live his own life, just like Kira should've been left alone in GSD (curse those would-be assasins).

Anh_Minh 2006-07-23 03:58

He should slip on a banana peel and die. Luna, mad with grief, will put on a mask and try to destroy the world.

Obi-Wan 2006-07-23 04:12

Personally I'd like to see him stop trying to blame others for everything that's happened in his life and move on. A good place to start would be placing the pink phone on the memorial stone at Orb as a sign of release. Then he could go do whatever he wants to do, which looks like sticking with Athrun and Kira. Athrun and Kira make a great wingman team but Kira is more suited for solo battle, so I'd like to see Shinn and Athrun fight together like Yzak and Dearka do. If Shinn matured some, I think he'd be a lot like Yzak, and Yzak became a really solid, mature character after he let go of his anger.

Shinn could be a commander or captain of a ship someday but at present his decision making is very rash and headstrong. Maturity is key here. If he is able to let go of his grief and just grow up some, I think there's a lot of room for improvement in his character. But the Shinn from GSD is just recipe for failure in any situation. He doesn't have the capacity to ever do anything like Zechs did, it's just not in his character.

Or he could settle down with Lunamaria and get away from the military. Since they had to go and force that stupid relationship, they may as well do something with it. But I really think we'll be seeing either Shinn and Athrun tag teaming going on in the next series or the movie, or maybe just a triple combo with Kira in there too.

grandmaster192 2006-07-23 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Personally I'd like to see him stop trying to blame others for everything that's happened in his life and move on. A good place to start would be placing the pink phone on the memorial stone at Orb as a sign of release. Then he could go do whatever he wants to do, which looks like sticking with Athrun and Kira. Athrun and Kira make a great wingman team but Kira is more suited for solo battle, so I'd like to see Shinn and Athrun fight together like Yzak and Dearka do. If Shinn matured some, I think he'd be a lot like Yzak, and Yzak became a really solid, mature character after he let go of his anger.

I would hate to see Shinn on Athrun and Kira's team, but the thing about him being like Yzak is cool.

Quote:

Shinn could be a commander or captain of a ship someday but at present his decision making is very rash and headstrong. Maturity is key here. If he is able to let go of his grief and just grow up some, I think there's a lot of room for improvement in his character. But the Shinn from GSD is just recipe for failure in any situation. He doesn't have the capacity to ever do anything like Zechs did, it's just not in his character.

Well I just want the best for the show and I think that if you put Shinn on Kira's team then your taking away the only thing close to a antagonist Seed has. With Athrun and Kira on the same side the show is already unbalanced if Shinn could command his own ship/army it might bring more balance to the show.

Oh, and that WingDakness got owned thing is great! lol!

Obi-Wan 2006-07-23 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Well I just want the best for the show and I think that if you put Shinn on Kira's team then your taking away the only thing close to a antagonist Seed has. With Athrun and Kira on the same side the show is already unbalanced if Shinn could command his own ship/army it might bring more balance to the show.

Well, first Shinn already shook hands with Kira and said he'd fight with him, so that's the most likely possibility. It would take a lot more maturity on Shinn's part for him to actually command an army on his own. Ship commander isn't out of the question but his desicion making and impulsive nature making him an unlikely man for the job. But I still think Shinn is almost exactly like Yzak in Seed, only more angry. If he can just calm down, grow up, let go of all the demons from his past (lose the phone dude, please), then he'll be a great character. There were so many things in Destiny that held him back from being an awesome character capable of doing the things you want him to.

JanthraX^ 2006-07-23 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
He should slip on a banana peel and die. Luna, mad with grief, will put on a mask and try to destroy the world.

pure genius =D

monster 2006-07-23 04:45

Quote:

Seriously, I don't think creating [a] good pilot(s) to at least keep a team of Shinn-Athrun-Kira busy would be all that difficult.

As for Shinn being the antagonist, it would go against what happened in Final Plus. So unless they're trying to "erase" Final Plus, which I doubt, Shinn won't be a good antagonist. The only way would be if he's like Athrun in GSD, but that's just bad in its own way.

Of course, it doesn't mean Shinn has to be on the same team as Athrun and Kira, but should at least be on the same side like Dearka in GSD and Yzak at the end of GS and in GSD.

grandmaster192 2006-07-23 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstert
Of course, it doesn't mean Shinn has to be on the same team as Athrun and Kira, but should at least be on the same side like Dearka in GSD and Yzak at the end of GS and in GSD.

Well personaly I would rather have Shinn, Luna and other people with the same goals be on their own team with OZ based MS (Ok maybe I'm going to far). I just think to balance out the Show Shinn should have his own army that with people that share his goals.

Obi-Wan 2006-07-23 05:02

Quote:

Well personaly I would rather have Shinn, Luna and other people with the same goals be on their own team with OZ based MS (Ok maybe I'm going to far). I just think to balance out the Show Shinn should have his own army that with people that share his goals.

And what are his goals? For nearly all of GSD he fought for Durandal's goals (defeating Logos), aside from when he fought Freedom in his own rage-driven revenge battle. What you want would unnecessarily force Shinn to be an antagonist when he is already on the protagonist team. Plus, what does he have to fight for that he can't accomplish with Kira and Athrun? Additionally he has no military/political connections whatsoever, so even building an army is out of the question. He can't walk into a factory, drop his name, and actually get people to do shit for him like Lacus can. Especially after what happened to him in the final battle of the CE 73 war...he's not even going to have war hero status like Athrun had in Destiny.

The chances of him even building an army are nill. As of now he has no cause, no support, and no connections. Without all of those, he's fucked.

monster 2006-07-23 05:03

Quote:

Except that would be very unlikely to happen, and Obi-Wan has explained why. If the show needs balancing, just introduce new and formidable opponents. After all, the world is a big place, not to mention all those space colonies and even Mars.

Obi-Wan 2006-07-23 05:10

Quote:

Except that would be highly unlikely. If the show needs balancing, just introduce new and formidable opponents. After all, the world is a big place, not to mention all those space colonies and even Mars.

Yeah, Astray/MSV totally shows there are elite pilots that exist in the same timeframe. Just throw one of them into the mix or make up someone new and you've got new bad guys. Aside from being completely ridiculous in principle, Shinn was pretty much an antagonist for Kira's side in GSD anyway, so having him be the antagonist again would just be a replay of what we've already seen.

In all honestly, I think Athrun, Kira and Shinn against a handful of new elite enemy pilots would be awesome to see as long as the battle animation isn't recycled to hell and back again.

4Tran 2006-07-23 05:12

I agree with pretty much everything Obi-Wan said about Shinn. If his character can mature, then he can end up as a great character. Frankly, I would much rather see his character grow than to see him transformed into the villain. That kind of development just doesn't make much sense. It didn't really work in Char's Counterattack, and I don't see how it would work any better here.

grandmaster192 2006-07-23 05:14

Quote:

In all honestly, I think Athrun, Kira and Shinn against a handful of new elite enemy pilots would be awesome to see as long as the battle animation isn't recycled to hell and back again.

How woul you put Shinn on their team and make it work? Having Shinn on their teams kills Shinn's character IMO.

monster 2006-07-23 05:17

Quote:

Having Shinn on their teams kills Shinn's character IMO.

Would you care to explain how? Remember you have to start from who Shinn was at the end of Final Plus.

grandmaster192 2006-07-23 05:22

Quote:

Would you care to explain how? Remember you have to start from who Shinn was at the end of Final Plus.

I didn't really see the Final so I can't explain that the way you want me to. Once I seen Shinn get cheated I just stopped watching. So I didn't see all of the Final.:(

Obi-Wan 2006-07-23 05:25

Quote:

I didn't really see the Final so I can't explain that the way you want me to. Once I seen Shinn get cheated I just stopped watching. So I didn't see all of the Final.

You should really watch the ending if you're going to make speculations about where his character goes in the future. It doesn't go against his character because he's already agreed to fight with Kira so there's little sense in him becoming the antagonist, let alone becoming the leader of a currently nonexistant rebel army that he doesn't have the means to build anyway.

Off the record, Shinn cheated himself by selling out to the Chairman, and that's part of why he'd make a bad leader unless he matures.

monster 2006-07-23 05:28

Well, basically Athrun and Kira offered to "fight" together and Shinn accepts. Now you may think this in itself has killed Shinn's character. But, be that as it may, from this point on it is not unthinkable for them to be on the same team should they choose to do so.

EDIT: hehe, I can't type as fast as Obi-Wan.

grandmaster192 2006-07-23 05:35

Is there a reason Shinn agreed to fight with Kira? What happend?