AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Full Metal Alchemist game (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3296)

CardCaptorMoody 2003-12-23 01:52

Full Metal Alchemist game

At the end of the new ep. there was something about a PS2 game so i searched and found this:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/hagaren/
I can't say i am suprized becuause after all, the show is sponsered by the two (well now one) laregest game developer in Japan. After a visit to this website, i am definatly buying this game, though it is a shame it is coming out AFTER christmas, oh well, i found out too late anyways. Well, if anyone findes a nother link with some goodies in it, if you wouldn't mind posting it up i would be very greatfull.

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tomomi 2003-12-23 01:58

Looks great! Hmm, I'm definitely gonna get it too! :D

DrWho2002 2003-12-23 15:51

Just remember, it's only being published by Square-Enix, it wasn't *made* by them.

Lain 2003-12-23 16:41

Gah! Cursed consoles, stealing our games, they are!

sothis 2003-12-24 00:38

this was posted a really long time ago on rpgamer.

CardCaptorMoody 2003-12-24 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrWho2002
Just remember, it's only being published by Square-Enix, it wasn't *made* by them.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/574/57447...?ui=gamefinder

Acording to this sight it *is* being developed by square-enix, though the sight also *is* ign, so you can choose to belive or not. I think it it safe to say it is.

DrWho2002 2003-12-24 13:10

quote from one of IGN's own articles:
"Development is at 80% for this sure-to-be Japan-only title with Racjin, the developer of Busin handling the development."

CardCaptorMoody 2003-12-24 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrWho2002
quote from one of IGN's own articles:
"Development is at 80% for this sure-to-be Japan-only title with Racjin, the developer of Busin handling the development."

Oh... Sorry, i didn't actualy read the article (too lazy) and i just looked at that side thing that says stuff, well i guess they screwed up since it says that:

Publisher: Square-Enix
Developer: Square-Enix

DrWho2002 2003-12-24 23:55

Well quit being lazy then! :p

OFFSPRiNGCo16 2003-12-25 17:55

haha, nice, Looks awesome. Hopefully it will be decent...

CardCaptorMoody 2004-02-04 16:35

Before i start my post, i would just like to add a note to the mods that this thread should probably be moved to the FMA sub section. I just thought it would be stupid to start a new thread about the exact same thing so i just added to this one.

I finaly got the game (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!), and it is AMAZING. Well there is a problem though, given that it is an action/RPG, it has a shite load of talking/reading, and obviously, it is in Japanese. However, if you watch the show, you should get the main idea on what is happening.

As for the actual gameplay. I really like it. You can use alchemey to make blocks of stone apear infront of you as a defence or to reach things. The other interesting thing about the use of alchemey is that you can change things in the environment in to a usefull wepon (usualy get two choices). As for the graphics, they are great. The cut sceens are anime. Acording to a couple of sites (and my knowledge), the animation sceens are exclusive to the game, which explains why i don't recognise the cut sceens from the game. There is one thing that i wasn't that impresed with. In most square-enix games, the talking is acted out, however in this game, only the text is avalible.

Over all if i had to rate this game, i'd give it a 9/10. My review is of corse, bias since i am a fan of the show, however i think that any fan of RPGs will like this game.

ElvenPath 2004-02-04 16:54

-> Fullmetal Alchemist

Thread moved

YuuOminae 2004-02-04 17:29

I bought this game over that PS2 Macross game.

>_>

I wish I bought that Macross game instead. I haven't played a console game in years (other than a few Super Robot Taisen games here and there), but seriously. This game just bored the hell out of me.

Dark_Sun 2004-02-04 17:43

if you look at the character section of that sight...theres a button for the main and a button for the...um, other unknown characters. Maybe they'll be in the series later!

YuuOminae 2004-02-04 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
if you look at the character section of that sight...theres a button for the main and a button for the...um, other unknown characters. Maybe they'll be in the series later!

Uh. No. Those are original characters made just for the game. As far as the timeline goes, this is supposed to take place in between chapter 9 and 10 in the manga or episode 17 and 18 in the anime.

Of those game characters characters, only Genz Blethlow actually showed up in the manga (chapter 17 actually, but that was just a picture of him in an advertisement for automail).

Iron Monkey 2004-02-04 22:41

Didn't Square-Enix announce a game for FMA before the show even aired? I wish they would hurry up with the localization so I could play it. I'm guessing they are going to sooner or later, since Square-Enix was saying how FMA was one of their three main pillars of support (or something like that) along with Final Fantasy and (correct me if I am wrong) Dragon Quest. And that probably means the anime being eventually licensed is almost a given.

Asakura_Y0h 2004-02-04 22:50

arrrghhh.... anime licensed... no !!!!!! well... i suppose it is inevitable but i hope that they finish the entire FMA story before it does get licensed... by the way... is the game good? i saw it the other day and its in Japanese so I didn't buy it... any chance there's an english version?

Sakura-chan 2004-02-04 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
arrrghhh.... anime licensed... no !!!!!! well... i suppose it is inevitable but i hope that they finish the entire FMA story before it does get licensed... by the way... is the game good? i saw it the other day and its in Japanese so I didn't buy it... any chance there's an english version?

Even if FMA does get licensed, there will fansub groups that'll sub it. :p
I want to play that game~ Sigh... How come I don't know Japanese? :upset:

Dark_Sun 2004-02-05 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
Even if FMA does get licensed, there will fansub groups that'll sub it. :p

waat?...i thought anime cant be downloaded after its liscensed.

Sakura-chan 2004-02-05 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
waat?...i thought anime cant be downloaded after its liscensed.

Sure you can download anime after it gets licensed. You can steal, too. Didn't you know that? O.o;;