AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Log Horizon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Log Horizon Anime General Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117543)

MisaoFan 2013-01-24 09:50

Log Horizon Anime General Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

http://i.imgur.com/TQCX4up.jpg

Original creator : Mamare Touno
Plot summary : The story begins when 30,000 Japanese gamers are trapped in the fantasy online game world Elder Tale. What was once a "sword-and-sorcery world" is now the "real world." The main lead Shiroe attempts to survive with his old friend Naotsugu and the beautiful assassin Akatsuki.

Note : Touno debuted his novel on the user-generated content site Shōsetsuka ni Narō in 2010. Matsu launched his Log Horizon Gaiden Honey Moon Logs manga adaptation in ASCII Media Works' Monthly Comic Deneaki Daioh magazine last year, and the latest installment is running in the magazine's March issue this Saturday. Kazuhiro Hara began serializing the main manga adaptation on Enterbrain's Famitsu Comic Clear website last year, and Koyuki began drawing another manga called Log Horizon ~Nishikaze no Ryodan~ in Fujimi Shobo's Age Premium website last year also. The anime studio Satelight is producing the planned 25-episode series for airing on the public broadcaster NHK's E-Tele channel this fall.

This looks pretty good, even if people try to pass off as Sword Art Online ripoff without even seeing it (though it probably wouldn't air until fall). I'm looking forward this one only because it's written by the Maoyuu author, and I thought it looks superb when seeing it. I'll hold my judgment when the first episode of this new series will air.

4Tran 2013-01-24 13:22

This does look a lot like a project designed to capitalize on Sword Art Online. However, it already looks like a better show:
Quote:

Plot summary : The story begins when 30,000 Japanese gamers are trapped in the fantasy online game world Elder Tale. What was once a "sword-and-sorcery world" is now the "real world." The main lead Shiroe attempts to survive with his old friend Naotsugu and the beautiful assassin Akatsuki.

totoum 2013-01-24 14:11

I indeed won't just dismiss this as a cheap cash in on SAO,and while I believe SAO's success definatly was a factor, this is coming from NHK and I always give NHK the benefit of the doubt (despite the "element hunters" of the world...).

Maybe this will replace Bakuman next fall?

Master_Yoma 2013-01-24 23:13

When in japan never play online games

Marcus H. 2013-01-25 00:20

Well, considering this is from the one who wrote Maoyuu, this should be decent at best.

Kakkou 2013-01-25 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4526901)
Well, considering this is from the one who wrote Maoyuu, this should be decent at best.

It's not hard to have better writing than SAO anyway. The budget may not be too impressive since this is NHK-E sponsoring, but oh well.

Folenfant 2013-01-25 11:01

I would be less worried about the writing so much as how much QUALITY one can expect out of the show with Satelight at the helm. That'd be my number one concern going in after there recent efforts with Muv Luv and some of the non-cg parts of AKB0048 as opposed to how much it will or won't resemble SAO.

bastek66 2013-01-25 12:07

Great, another Frodo filled anime.

Shyni 2013-01-25 22:59

Maybe it'll end up more like Ixion Saga DT than SAO.

Although that would just be weiiird. And unlikely.

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 23:03

Gintama version of Sword Art Online.....

Dr. Casey 2013-01-26 04:18

Neat, the first Fall 2013 anime to be confirmed - and since it's going to bleed into the Winter season, the first 2014 anime as well.

Here's the official website. There's not much at the moment except some black and white images and character profiles. The main cast is all level 90 with the exception of the meek staff girl, whose stats aren't given... dunno if that means that this series is following in the footsteps of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica with godlike heroes, or if 'Elder Tale' pulls a Disgaea and allows for astronomical stats and experience levels.

Estavali 2013-02-23 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4528389)
Here's the official website. There's not much at the moment except some black and white images and character profiles. The main cast is all level 90 with the exception of the meek staff girl, whose stats aren't given... dunno if that means that this series is following in the footsteps of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica with godlike heroes, or if 'Elder Tale' pulls a Disgaea and allows for astronomical stats and experience levels.

That's the website for the novels. I'm reading the Chinese version from Kadokawa Taiwan, currently waiting for volume three which was released mid Feb this year and a few more days from now before it reaches the shelves of Kinokuniya Singapore). Just to share a bit of what I know as of now (spoilers abound =3)

Spoiler for Spoilers from volume one & two:

I'm afraid I have to stop here. It's very late here at this point of writing and I need to sleep @___@. But hopefully this would help, for now, to give a slightly better idea what Log Horizon is like. There's more, of course, and if there's one thing about the novels (up to what I've read) is that imho Touno Mamare built his characters around the world he created, not otherwise.

NorthernFallout 2013-02-23 16:30

Thanks for the informative post, exactly what I needed (and makes me swallow my words in IRC earlier). Sounds much more interesting to me than SAO did. Will make sure to check it out. Wish there were translations for the LN though.

zRichard 2013-03-27 10:46

Main VA cast announced

jeroz 2013-03-28 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by zRichard (Post 4608121)
Main VA cast announced

character intro

Eijigawa 2013-04-02 18:57

Log horizon pv

The PV is out~

One thing for sure, the soundtrack is awesome!

NoemiChan 2013-04-02 19:01

Well, definitely try it now...

sky black swordman 2013-04-02 23:19

Ok, I will check this out. That PV's BGM peaked my interest.:heh:

Estavali 2013-04-04 22:34

For anyone interested, the illustrations in this PV came from the novel and the main manga adaption (both done by the same artist).

Hope the next PV will show us some scenes from the anime itself =3

Allium 2013-04-06 07:36

Interesting, though the premise almost resembles that of Sword Art Online.

Shiroe's design reminds me of Ovan from the .hack series. I think it's the colour scheme...