AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Strongest Anime Character? Coolest? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114918)

dangerousbob 2012-09-21 00:40

Strongest Anime Character? Coolest?

Both physically and or mentally.

And who is the Coolest!

Akito Kinomoto 2012-09-21 01:17

Physically it probably goes to Goku (DBZ). Otherwise any kind of reality bender or whatever wins on technicality.

As for the coolest? Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate) obviously. He even says so himself...

aohige 2012-09-22 06:52

Um, I wouldn't be so quick.

Choujin Locke (Psychic Locke, Locke the Superman) is arguably more powerful hero.
He has all the psychic abilities, immortal, can create force fields so powerful he can safely guide an entire planet through a burning star without harming the planet.... Dude is practically a god.

It would be one of those hard to tell comparison, as there won't be much of a galaxy left after the clash. :heh:

Kaijo 2012-09-22 09:29

As for strongest, we can probably pick out several god-like characters. But if we want to strike the god-like characters and go for someone still human, my pick would be (and for coolest as well), Nanoha.

Mostly coolest, because she keeps her head in any situation and doesn't whine. She knows what needs to be done, and has the strength of heart to do it, regardless of what else is going on.

Edit: And I must note her career statistic of 18 wins against 4 losses remains a "lifetime achievement" record in the history of saimoe, and she is one of the few, if only, female characters to win in the SaiGAR tournament (which is a manliest tournament).

hyl 2012-09-22 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto (Post 4361727)
Physically it probably goes to Goku (DBZ). Otherwise any kind of reality bender or whatever wins on technicality.

As for the coolest? Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate) obviously. He even says so himself...

Some characters from Saint Seiya are in a much higher league than goku, seeing that they are near galaxy busting levels.

Meh, if i had to go by only using anime and not include VN's then i would say the anti-spirals from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, because the TTGL itself is technically not a character.

james0246 2012-09-22 11:06

I decided to take a different route. :D.

DoraMed III from Doraemons. Can control his size at will, has various magical powers (over seemingly anything and everything), has a 4th dimensional magic lamp (which all Doraemons have a form of) and can predict the future.

Lynn Minmei from Macross. She can end interstellar wars with just her voice. She is so powerful that she even made her seiyuu a star :).

The Great Will of the Macrocosm from Excel Saga. Great Will had the power to rewrite reality on a weekly basis...and often had to due to the hijinks of ACROSS.

Mokona from Magic Knight Rayearth. A God and creator of the universe.

Luckyman from Tottemo! Luckyman!. Everything about Luckyman is counter intuitive to this discussion. Ridiculously weak, slow as a snail, and stupid as sin. But, Luckyman has the greatest power of all: Luck. He always rolled a critical hit or had something happen that would defeat any foe. Trully one of the most powerful characters in existence.

aohige 2012-09-22 11:25

OH come on.

Luckyman is a cheat! :heh:

Yeah, dude's literally a walking representation of Deus Ex Machina, nothing can touch him... but he's a GAG MANGA CHARACTER! A freakin Bugs Bunny.
Or rather, Squirell Girl and Bugs had sex and had a baby, it'd be him.

kk2extreme 2012-09-22 15:26

Strongest and Coolest of his kind ;)

Xacual 2012-09-22 16:47

Demonbane, it's almost a requirement that it gets mentioned in threads like this.

hyl 2012-09-22 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4364290)
Demonbane, it's almost a requirement that it gets mentioned in threads like this.

I might have mentioned that if it weren't for the fact that it's not that strong in the anime version as in the VN.

Vladrave 2012-09-22 20:03

Kami tenchi from tenchi muyo or TTGL from gurenn lagann.

halibonga 2012-09-25 11:29

reality-based powers are superior to raw power, so my vote would go to either Suzumiya Haruhi or Lain from Serial experiment Lain.

GreyZone 2012-09-26 12:51

"Coolest"?
Okabe Rintaro! El Psy Cangoroo!

However there is no "strongest" character, because the physically strongest can always be countered by certain special abilities. For example Goku could win against most other anime characters, but guess what.... if he does it right, Yagami Light could kill Goku, because Goku likes to talk before a fight begins... and others could easily kill Light, before he could even blink. Sometimes it depends on powers/abilities and sometimes it depends on the personalities.

Eragon 2012-09-26 12:59

Kenpachi Zaraki(Bleach) - This guy is a monster that puts a smile on your face.

Gilgamesh(Fate Zero) - King of Heroes, arrogant, has claim to every treasure in the world and a sadistic jerk - what more do you want?:heh:

bhl88 2012-09-26 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eragon (Post 4369819)

Gilgamesh(Fate Zero) - King of Heroes, arrogant, has claim to every treasure in the world and a sadistic jerk - what more do you want?:heh:

And has a sword that can split heaven and earth and cut the world (and return the world to nothing, that's why he doesn't use Ea 100% power outside of any Reality Marble/Marble Phantasm).

Midnight2352 2012-09-26 17:52

For guys, i'd say Sebastian Michaelis. He is so handsome but deadly. He is strong and collection but when he see a kitten, he just melts.
For girls, I'd say Inner Moka from Rosario + Vampire. She's so cool, strong and makes sure people knows their place. :p She may be scary but she cares and protects others in any kind of danger.

Izayoi 2012-09-26 18:42

The first question is just a power level argument without any relative context. I mean if you take a few figures from Nisio's work and you see why it is pointless to even discuss over. Power level is demonstrated as something within the context between characters and settings and not between completely different series. I think Zaregoto demonstrates this meta attribute of the concept quite well.

Coolest? Hei from Darker than Black maybe. So far he has Yin, Bai, and Amber. Lolis in three different colors. I am immensely jealous. Then he gets Shion. Now I am mad.

kenjiharima 2012-09-26 21:57

Strongest

Tetsuo from Akira. Created a new world using the "bigbang" with his powers.

Coolest

Onizuka and Kenshiro combined

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)