AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   The Legend of Koizumi (Reform with no Wasted Draws) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90279)

Smeghead 2010-01-01 21:08

The Legend of Koizumi (Reform with no Wasted Draws)

I must declare this is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

Noe 2010-01-01 21:56

It's like a mix of Akagi, Needless, and Saki.

Zu Ra 2010-01-02 02:38

The Legend of Koizumi (Reform with no Wasted Draws)

Quote:

The Legend of Koizumi ( Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku, Reform with no Wasted Draws) is a satirical mahjong manga by Hideki Ohwada . It was initially irregularly serialized in the Kindai Mahjong Original manga magazine published by Takeshobo, then switched to bimonthly serialization on Takeshobo's other mahjong manga magazine Kindai Mahjong in April 2009. An anime adaptation is planned to be released on February 26, 2010 as an original video anime. The premise of the manga is that international diplomacy is settled on the mahjong table, with real-life politicians depicted as masters of mahjong.

In August 2009, an anime version of The Legend of Koizumi was announced with the release of the second bound volume of the manga. The anime will be in the form of an OVA with three episodes, the first being an adaptation of a manga arc and the other two being new stories written by Hideki Ohwada. Episode 1, or parts of it, was uploaded onto YouTube and Nico Nico Douga on December 30, 2009 by the producer Kosei Kawase since they "have no money so [they're] borrowing server space". The episode, titled "North",features General Kim and his eldest son.

The Japanese title is a parody of Junichiro Koizumi's slogan, "Reform with no Sanctuary" ( Seiiki Naki Kaikaku) . The Japanese and world leaders featured in this manga are

Japanese Leaders

Junichiro Koizumi (The 89th Prime Minister of Japan)
Taizo Sugimura (Member of the Japanese Diet)
Yukari-tan (Another Diet member)
Taro Aso (Minister for Foreign Affairs / 92nd Prime Minister of Japan ).
Shinzo Abe (The 90th Prime Minister of Japan).

World Leaders

George W. Bush (The 43rd President of the United States).
George H. W. Bush (The 41st President of the United States).
General Kim (The leader of North Korea).
Vladimir Putin (The second President of Russia).
Margaret Thatcher (Former British Prime Minister).
Benedict XVI (Current Pope of the Vatican).
Dmitry Medvedev (Third Russian President) .
Yulia Tymoshenko (The 13th Ukrainian Prime Minister).

Source : Wiki

felix 2010-01-02 11:43

Quote:

Episode 1, or parts of it, was uploaded onto YouTube and Nico Nico Douga on December 30, 2009 by the producer Kosei Kawase since they "have no money so [they're] borrowing server space".
I LOL'ed so hard...

Also, I knew the name was familiar...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1...umicropped.jpg

The Japanese sure love this guy a lot.
This isn't the first [popular] manga I see him in.

Nina.Wolken 2010-01-02 12:21

What?! What was just that? The latest LDP propaganda spot? :heh:

Koizumi sure get some true supporters within the anime industry, but I fear next episode won't please some people :uhoh:.
But well, that was great fun. I will be looking forward for the next one!

Zu Ra 2010-01-02 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 2849721)

You should give this series a try if your into gag manga . IMO you will really enjoy it man .

Yeah Koizumi is larger than life Rock n Rolla here . More than Koizumi <spoiler>Kim is way more hilarious</spoiler> Also yeah in a way parody of sports mangas . :P

ZODDGUTS 2010-01-02 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 2849721)
I LOL'ed so hard...

Also, I knew the name was familiar...

From the NHK documentary about Prime Ministers in Japan they said he was a popular guy but was horrible as a Prime Minister who was all flash but no substance.

Terrestrial Dream 2010-01-02 22:36

I had no idea who to cheer for in that video.

wavehawk 2010-01-03 05:23

Does Koizumi voice himself in that Anime? I recall he's actually doing the voice of Ultraman King in the new Ultraman movie--so it's not that much of a stretch.

Kagura89 2010-01-03 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 2850880)
Does Koizumi voice himself in that Anime? I recall he's actually doing the voice of Ultraman King in the new Ultraman movie--so it's not that much of a stretch.

Nope,Koizumi is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (Naraku in Inuyasha).

wavehawk 2010-01-03 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagura89 (Post 2850904)
Nope,Koizumi is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (Naraku in Inuyasha).

- Too bad. Koizumi voicing himself would have added an extra level of awesomeness to this.

Dop 2010-01-05 05:58

I'm not sure whether the idea of an anime version of Margaret Thatcher is horrifying or hilarious. Perhaps both.

fertygo 2010-01-06 01:52

waiting for my Yulia Tymoshenko-tan ;_;
Spoiler for NSFW ! Its give you heart attack on the middle of work:

Skane 2010-01-06 02:03

I'm kinda intrigued by their warped version of Putin. The description on Wikipedia pipped my interest, but I couldn't find any page depicting him.

Hmm...

FDW 2010-01-06 03:21

I read the manga of this series last night, and I just gotta say this is truly one of the purest pieces of CRACK I have seen, this series isn't made of epic win, IT IS EPIC WIN.

Suika-Esper 2010-01-06 04:44

I'm surprised they were allowed to make this. You'd think everone would be all oversensitive about it. I can't wait to see more. Quite a few recognizable voice actors in there too.

Larthak 2010-01-06 05:33

This piece of art is beyond epic. XD

Its absurdity kept me laughing every damn second of it.

Crontica 2010-01-06 05:45

I can finally say with great pleasure.

Koizumi > Saki

Seriously Saki had too much fanservice, the epic game techniques where overshadowed.

Kanon 2010-01-06 05:53

The first episode was ridiculously awesome. Koizumi is beyond manly. And apparently, Putin is going to be voiced by Jouji Nakata, wow ! This is going to be awesome.

MartianMage 2010-01-06 09:13

Oh wow they really made an anime adaptation of this. Downloading now and I hope the scans go faster. =x