AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Xbox One (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117859)

Zexas 2013-02-12 05:54

Xbox One

The Rumour Specs:

VGLeaks Durango specs

Quote:

As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.

The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.

How are durango components connected?

Here you can see the Durango system block diagram:

Durango Arquitecture

Let’s check what’s inside the box:

CPU:

- x64 Architecture

- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)

- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache

- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache

- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources

- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor

- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads

- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle

- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:

- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)

- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)

- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.

- Hard drive is always present

- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:

- Gigabit Ethernet

- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:

- Move engines

- Image, video, and audio codecs

- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware

- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
GPU

Move Engine

Display Planes

Other Rumour

The next Xbox: Always online, no second-hand games, 50GB Blu-ray discs and new Kinect

The Next Xbox mandatory Install, mandatory Kinect, no old controller

Tong 2013-02-12 10:44

Looking pretty powerful, 8GB is PLENTY for a Console considering that the old ones had less than 1GB.

I'm unsure of how 1.2 trillion floating-point operation is fast, how does this compare to any of the current Video Cards?

Sides 2013-02-12 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tong (Post 4551643)
Looking pretty powerful, 8GB is PLENTY for a Console considering that the old ones had less than 1GB.

I'm unsure of how 1.2 trillion floating-point operation is fast, how does this compare to any of the current Video Cards?

You might find more details if google teraFLOPS, Tflops, flops or "floating-point operations per second", rather than "trillion floating-point operations per second".

You cannot really compare custom chips with what we have for the pc. But it looks like a custom Cape Verde build, think HD7770 or HD8760.
Tech-wise, because of rapid improvement, the machine will look outdated when it is released, but that is not the point of consoles. They are meant to be efficient, compared to PC gaming. I read somewhere that only 20% of the processing power of a GPU is currently used for most games. Instead for optimising codes, developers have opted for raw power, which is understandable because OSes and manufacturer dictated this path.

Firefly00 2013-02-12 14:17

As always, one should take 'leaks' with a grain of salt; after all, the possibility of them being the bait for a latter-day analogue of Operation Mincemeat always exists (and would be hilarious). Keep in mind, too, that 'anonymous' or 'secret' sources are at best difficult to properly vet. This said, I will put forward my opinion on a couple of the rumored 'features':
  • mandatory Kinect: it's one thing if each system comes with a much-improved version of the thing (which would encourage more developers to take advantage of its features where practical for the game); for it to be always on and watching regardless of what you're doing with is another, one which is guaranteed to arouse the ire of the privacy-minded - there is a reason webcams come with actual shutters, after all.
  • blocking used games: funny, I don't recall hearing any other industry complaining about sales of used goods; could someone enlighten me as to how/why it's different here? Besides, I see no financial incentive for a hardware manufacturer to care whether the software is 'new' or 'used'.

KleenexGhost 2013-02-17 02:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo7n...e_gdata_player

Xefi 2013-04-05 10:45

Quote:

Adam Orth argues that every device is now "always-on" and that customers are going to have to deal with it.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microso...e-xbox-6406464
comments: thanks Orth, now i dont have to worry about owning a Durango anymore. "Deal with it!" :cool:
durango needs permanent connection in order to play games. if you disconnect for more than 3 min.,
you're screw and cant play anything. no thanks, Xblock 720. :rolleyes:

Chaos2Frozen 2013-04-05 10:50

Have you seen the damage control :p ?

Xefi 2013-04-05 10:58

^ i'm probably not on the same page. what do you mean by "damage control"? :confused:

Chaos2Frozen 2013-04-05 11:01

It was on gematsu.com; apparently Orth literally went "we were just kidding! I was only trolling around." As their explanation.

Xefi 2013-04-05 11:10

^ >_______>; not something you want to joke around with. i guess he's retarded or something. :heh:

but i do like his "Deal With It" motto. i think it should be the new meme on the internet from now on. :cool:

anyways, it still doesnt change the fact that Durango will require always online to start
games and play. pretty stupid and dumb in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Tyabann 2013-04-05 11:19

This will still sell to the casual crowd, but for how long they can run on that kind of audience will remain to be seen.
Very happy to be a Sony fan currently. :heh: I mean, the "SOCIAL" bullshit is precisely that but at least it's not an integral feature of the system and will probably be discarded within a couple of years...

RRW 2013-04-05 12:53

while we at it

http://i.minus.com/iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

Chaos2Frozen 2013-04-05 12:56

Well, that was long :eyespin:

RRW 2013-04-05 13:14

This guy is meme already

http://t.qkme.me/3tpl21.jpg
http://www.quickmeme.com/Always-Onli...Orth/?upcoming

Xefi 2013-04-05 13:54

^ words on the internet spread rather quickly. :heh:
he is such a fine specimen/example of how to become really famous/infamous VERY quickly. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4621827)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

nice. this basically, tells everything we need to know. i also got
a good laugh out of it. "i'll get Sony" "i'll get Wii U" "i have no internet"
while holding rifles in hands...awww...you people are so moe... :cool: :p :D ;) :) :heh:

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2013-04-05 13:56

Before Simcity, I was prepared to believe Microsoft's silence is nothing to worry about. Now? I interpret radio silence as them having something to hide.

It doesn't mean 720 would be always online; it does mean Microsoft is seriously considering it. Which means now is the time to make a fuss, so they have the leeway to change their mind without embarrassing themselves.

Xagzan 2013-04-05 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4621663)
It was on gematsu.com; apparently Orth literally went "we were just kidding! I was only trolling around." As their explanation.

I thought he only said that regarding his insulting those couple of rural towns or whatever. Not that he wasn't serious about "deal with it" for always-on consoles.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2013-04-05 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 4621964)
I thought he only said that regarding his insulting those couple of rural towns or whatever. Not that he wasn't serious about "deal with it" for always-on consoles.

Not to mention his account now going private. By shutting up, he can't answer question and thus cause the rumour to snowball. He can't delete his posts now that they are already spread over the net. He might just be in a meeting with his bosses right now on what they are suppose to do about it.

Xagzan 2013-04-05 16:24

Or cleaning out his desk :rolleyes:

Xefi 2013-04-05 16:49

^ well, he is going to have to "deal with it!" ^_______^

wow, this dood is so famous now. jeez, there is like already 4000+ posts on gamespot.
nothing but a bunch of negative posts just for our good old Orth. :heh: