AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Amagami SS (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amagami SS - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98439)

NightWish 2010-10-21 13:50

Amagami SS - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

margafred 2010-10-21 14:30

Spoiler for Episode 16 of Amagami SS:

DJLowrider 2010-10-21 14:47

Posting my thoughts as I watch with my final thoughts on Ai's arc afterwards.

Spoiler for Ep 16 thoughts:

8/10 episode, but honestly Ai's arc did not impress me much. This is a case where the heroine in question is better than her story. Like Sae's Arc there was no drama or tension whatsoever and the progression of events here felt too straightforward. At least unlike Sae's Arc it was far more grounded instead of being absurdist comedy. Plus, as I remember stating at the beginning of her arc, Ai is instantly likable and that theme remains constant throughout the story. In fact, Ai's personality is what carries this arc since there is just about no underlying story at all.

My ratings for the arcs so far overall:
Haruka - 5/10
Kaoru - 8/10
Sae - 1/10
Ai - 6.5/10

And next we start Rihoko's Arc. Time to see how Amagami handles the osananajimi angle. My only expectation is it'll at least be better than Sae's Arc, but then it really doesn't take much to accomplish that.

Ekureiru 2010-10-21 16:05

I'm going to wait for UTW's subs of this, although I hope it'll end well.

I haven't quite enjoyed any route since Haruka's as much as this one. Although Haruka has, and will remain, my current consistent favorite. (I mean, c'mon, she's voiced by my favorite seiyuu, Shizuka Itou). Other than that, here's to subs in... a couple of hours.

Shadow5YA 2010-10-21 19:28

Aside from Ai herself, I think the most enjoyable part of this arc isn't seeing Ai fall for Junichi, but Junichi changing into a better person because of her. I thought seeing him pick up the trash at the beach because of Ai and apologizing for his perverted nature in front of the entire swim team was touching.

The way Junichi is, he really doesn't deserve Ai. He's definitely a nice guy, but he hasn't shown much of a change in character since the very beginning, and his character in the beginning is nothing outstanding.

Nightengale 2010-10-21 21:35

How should I put it... it feels like part of Ai's arc had 2 different directors or something.

The first half of the previous episode as well as this episode... in comparison to the 2nd half of each. It feels like the potential is not used to its best for the sake of lesser parts of the story, like the goddamn delusions and the... external factors in this episode.

U<3Anime 2010-10-21 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJLowrider (Post 3308936)
Posting my thoughts as I watch with my final thoughts on Ai's arc afterwards.

Spoiler for Ep 16 thoughts:

8/10 episode, but honestly Ai's arc did not impress me much. This is a case where the heroine in question is better than her story. Like Sae's Arc there was no drama or tension whatsoever and the progression of events here felt too straightforward. At least unlike Sae's Arc it was far more grounded instead of being absurdist comedy. Plus, as I remember stating at the beginning of her arc, Ai is instantly likable and that theme remains constant throughout the story. In fact, Ai's personality is what carries this arc since there is just about no underlying story at all.

From what i have seen so far,I agree, that Ai's arc wasn't very interesting. I felt she was too overhyped. For now, I will actually rank Sae's arc above Ai's, since there hasn't been any moments in Ai's arc that has made me go "DAWWW"(AKA sweet moments). The chase scene at the pool from last week had potential, but it was ruined by the low budget animation. Also, the haunted house scene was just flat out random(and i thought Haruka's ramen scene was crazy). It just reinforces my idea of Juinichi being some shroom addict.

MeoTwister5 2010-10-21 22:26

Subs are out.

Now that it's over... bring on Rihoko. <3

GundamZZ 2010-10-21 23:03

This school is crazy. Someone actually developed a Gundam.

The ending surprises me. See game thread for the reference.

Zanibas 2010-10-21 23:15

Spoiler for episode impressions:

Sprite_Coke 2010-10-21 23:36

^. Combine those two words: Peeping + Deer = Deerping -> Derping -> Derp?

Tits. I was gonna go to sleep then this got released... Must watch.

FlareKnight 2010-10-21 23:59

Spoiler for Ep16:

Sprite_Coke 2010-10-22 00:33

Amagami never fails to leave my heart satisfied.
Must watch the Onsen scene repeatedly.

Mairsile 2010-10-22 00:45

Not every relationship needs unwanted drama, which is why I liked Ai's arc so much. From the very first episode, Ai and Junichi just hit it off. Because of this, I expected a simple yet sweet ending to wrap up what was a very natural and beautiful relationship.

I'm sure some people would have preferred the first half to be something different, but I think having them volunteer at the Founder's Festival during Christmas reinforced one of Ai's best traits - her compassion for others. After all, its the season for giving and once again Ai demonstrated how perceptive she is of the needs of others when she hurried over to give the kids a new bowl upon noticing they had spilled theirs. I was wondering when Junichi would screw up at the stand, but it seemed he did alright - with the support of Ai of course - and didn't mind spending time with Ai volunteering. In general, I would say Junichi is a very considerate person; but I believe Ai's personality rubbed off and made him even more so. I really wished the Gundam would have malfunctioned sooner and rampaged its way towards the stand to end the intrusion by the Tea Club. That was a missed opportunity to add some laughs. LOL. Anyway, not every date has to be filled with romance and I believe them helping out at the festival was a nice activity they could do as a couple together. Besides, their date wasn't over because Ai had plans for later :)

Since the hot spring segment in the manga is so short, I was wondering how they'd handle the confession. It was nice to see Junichi act serious and declare his love for Ai after hearing her feelings. I also liked how playful she was in baiting Junichi so she could leap towards him. It didn't surprise me to see she purposely went in nude as she is a bold person [for starters] and most importantly, as she said herself, it demonstrated how comfortable she is with Junichi and the level of intimacy between them. We got treated to a nice passionate kiss which Ai initiated and Junichi pulled her close and held Ai firmly. It was cute to see Ai spoiling him by letting Junichi enjoy the moment a bit longer as he rested his head on her lap to which he thankfully replied and called Ai by her first name.

In all, I gave the final episode an 8 of 10, and the arc as a whole was a solid 9, making it my favorite arc slightly above Kaoru, which was an 8.5.

Kotohono 2010-10-22 00:47

The Episode was very good and enjoyable even if a bit on the uneventful side, and no epilogue I'd say give it a 9, because of Ai :heh:. Onsen scene was pretty nice and I had a feeling she wasn't wearing one since you could see the part of skin that was normal covered by it was a lighter shade since it wasn't normal in sun compared to the other parts, a nice detail shown :).

msg 2010-10-22 00:53

quick tidbits and thoughts

Spoiler for episode15:

Spoiler for episode 16:

I'm being biased so i gave this a 10/10:p.Ai is my fav amagami girl.for those who complain Jun didn't deserve her ...well all i can say is that he was made to be as generic and likable as possible..

next stop Rihoko

MeoTwister5 2010-10-22 00:58

There is something strangely but undeniably heartwarming about the final scene before the ~fin~. Nothing complicated, but it might be my favorite epilogue to the series so far. There is something completely fitting about Junichi sleeping on her lap.

Hooves 2010-10-22 01:04

I would give it a 9/10 (The confession scene was done perfectly in my view :)) but really dint like the finishing scene all that much... Well I did like the moment between Junichi and Ai on the beach. Also with the peeping deers sorta creeping me out o.o

Pocky Yoshi 2010-10-22 01:05

First half was okay.
Spoiler for For space.:

Jaw drops. Rewatches the second half. Repeats.
Oh gosh. Cute, sexy, bold, and quite passionate.
I literally went like this throughout the whole thing:

Episode. 9/10. Arc. I'd give it a 9. I should of set my expectations a little lower, but this arc's heroine is just too lovable. Lucky Junichi.....

Mairsile 2010-10-22 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by msg (Post 3309535)
quick tidbits and thoughts

Spoiler for episode15:

Ah, so that explains it. I wasn't sure if they had created that segment specifically for the anime adaptation. Thanks. I'll have to play the game then.