AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Favorite Video Game Introduction/ Opening Sequence? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94286)

SilverSyko 2010-06-02 01:28

Favorite Video Game Introduction/ Opening Sequence?

Not just anime have opening sequences, games are known to have them as well. The purpose of this topic is to share one (or more) that have paticularily stood out in your mind and have proven to you that the game it belongs to is something you're going to enjoy. Heck, maybe even just the theme song was memorable to you.

Now to start with myself, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody considering what I've stated in the past, but an opening sequence that always has stood out for me was the one in Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast.

This opening just gives the game an epiclly dark overtone despite it's bright looking characters. Also the first instance ever of Crush 40's long running involvement with producing the music for the series is in this opening, and it just sounds fantastic. Something I'll always miss about this that the newer games don't have is that little voice saying "Sonic Team" right at the beginning.

The opening was remastered in the Gamecube remake. But to save space I won't post it here.

Anywho if you've got an opening you'd like to share then go for it and post it here!~

And to the admins, I apologize if a topic like this has already been made but I didn't feel like browsing through 84 pages of topics. If there already is one then just merge this post with the other topic. Thank ya kindly.~

Arbitres 2010-06-02 01:46

Tales of Symphonia Opening Sequence.

Spoiler for Introduction:

Can't remember anymore then that. But I think I got it about right.

SvenCalBayan 2010-06-02 03:17

FINAL FANTASY VIII

Liberi Fatali

GreatTeacherKen 2010-06-02 04:18

Bayonetta's opening is pretty memorable and sets the tone for the rest of the game:

it starts with Bayonetta and soon Jeanne fighting angels on top of a chunk of a clock tower plummeting down a cliffside while epic ominous latin chanting blares in the background.

The game only gets crazier from there. :)

SonOfHeaven 2010-06-02 04:19

Soul Blade PSX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxrpyv8SNS4

jedinat 2010-06-02 04:35

Shiroth 2010-06-02 04:48

I'd easily have Shadow of the Colossus opening sequence on my list. Especially thanks to the fantastic score by Ko Otani. The whole video does such a grand job of setting the overall tone of the game.

I'm also very fond of the intro for Okami (which is one of my favorite all time games).

& i must mention that SilverSyko's choice of the opening for the first Sonic Adventure is very much to my liking. The video is another that does a great job and setting you up for an adventure just ready to start. Also good use of showing scenes from different events in the game, though not enough to spoil them for you. Together with 'Open your Heart' by the very impressive Crush40, it's a great opening sequence.

the.Merines 2010-06-02 06:31

DingoEnderZOE2 2010-06-02 14:00

I have many favorites with the Final Fantasy 8 intro being one of them. Here's another one of my favorites Onimusha 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsUKo1OFOE

johnishida 2010-06-02 14:04

Mine would be FFVIII Intro, as well. Quite awesome.

Kafriel 2010-06-02 14:07

Soulblade and SCII intro were pretty awesome...and I shall add the DBZ3 intro to the list!

TnAdct1 2010-06-02 15:52

This thread can't be complete without this:

Poetic Justice 2010-06-02 16:04

Right from the start when i heard the flute music i knew this game was going to be something special.

The sequel damn well better be shown at e3. :frustrated:

killer3000ad 2010-06-02 17:04

Mass Effect had the best intro ever! After watching it once I went and started a new game 6 times just to watch it again.

Shiroth 2010-06-03 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnAdct1 (Post 3075453)
This thread can't be complete without this:

So true. I'm still pretty much amazed by it.

Seitsuki 2010-06-03 05:39

meh, the ME intro was way too long for me, had to rewatch it so many times whenever I re-booted a profile

best intro for me tho is.. Dawn of War. Bloody, awesome stuff. second would be pokemon

grylsyjaeger 2010-06-03 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 3076337)
best intro for me tho is.. Dawn of War. Bloody, awesome stuff.

Yeah that pretty epic. I just loved the blood curdling cry the Sergeant gave as he urged his men to take the battle to the enemy. Then the final moments as the Sergeant lays the banner in place and drop pods start to fall only seconds too late.

I wish they'd make a whole Warhammer 40,000 movie of just stuff like that.

My favourite introduction has to be MGS1 on PSX. It isn't the most exciting but it was the premise to my all time favourite game where I learnt a game was more than just a game.

They told stories and went places movies never go.

Flame-X 2010-06-03 13:12

I liked Xenosaga's intro which had a pretty epic feel. It's funny that this intro has realistic character designs while the rest of the game has anime style look it.

killer3000ad 2010-06-03 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 3076337)
meh, the ME intro was way too long for me, had to rewatch it so many times whenever I re-booted a profile

You thought that was bad? In ME2 the damn character creation was AFTER the opening intro. ME2's much much longer intro, coupled with a face creation system that didn't properly convey the custom face properly in the actual game led to me replaying through the intro for 5 freaking hours because I couldn't get the face right. Ended using some face from http://www.masseffect2faces.com/ in the end.:mad:

Urzu 7 2010-06-04 02:11

The intros to MGS, MGS 2, and MGS 3.

The anime intro to Wild Arms for PSX.

The intro to the first Katamari Damancy.