AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Top Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10690)

Ken84 2004-04-01 12:07

Top Anime

Please, everyone! I tried Naruto, Peace Maker, Saint Seiya Hades, Hunter X Hunter, Tokyo Underground. Ok, and now i don't know what next?
Can anybody tell my what should i do?

Mr_Paper 2004-04-01 12:13

This thread should be in the "Suggestions" section.

Honestly, go to a site like Anime-Planet's Recommendation List, find a
series you liked and see what it recommends for you to watch. Also,
you could always go watch To Heart.

Ken84 2004-04-01 12:40

i went to the web site but most of the recomments are not at animesuki.

Mr_Paper 2004-04-01 13:16

Then your options are either buy the series or download the first episode of
a random series you like the name of and see if you like it.

dreamless 2004-04-01 13:52

hmm... I know I've been bashing the animenfo ranking system a lot... but why don't you try their current no.1, Full Moon o Sagashite? although I think all of their top 10 ranked titles are severely overrated, most of them are at least mildly good to watch nonetheless.

Also it helps if you can state what kind of animes you like... I guess it never hurts to give series like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Shingetsutan Tsukihime a try despite how overrated they might be... and personally I quite like Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (which is a very underrated series IMHO).

choowee 2004-04-01 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... I know I've been bashing the animenfo ranking system a lot... but why don't you try their current no.1, Full Moon o Sagashite?

If you decide to watch FMoS, just be warned that the first half of the series is excruiatingly childish, but the last 12 episodes are incredible. The series has zero action, and you have to be very patient to see how good the series is.

Other really good series I have seen are Shingetsutan Tsukihime (dark and deep), Jungle wa Itsumu Hale Nochi Guu (hillariously funny comedy), Fullmetal Alchemist (in my opinion, the best currently running series), Gilgamesh (kinda of abstract, though great moral questions dealt with, a real brain stretcher, dark), Scrapped Princess (don't be afraid of the word princess... an incredible series with all the good elements- one of the best adventure series on anime suki)

I haven't finished it yet, but Gunslinger Girl looks really promising too... great art, dark story, great characters.

But, I have to agree with Mr Paper, this really should go in the suggestions thread... it'll probably be moved soon I guess....

Sugetsu 2004-04-01 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken84
Please, everyone! I tried Naruto, Peace Maker, Saint Seiya Hades, Hunter X Hunter, Tokyo Underground. Ok, and now i don't know what next?
Can anybody tell my what should i do?

Try, Hikura No Go, Kimiga Nozumo Eien, Scrapped Princess, Future Boy Connan (This is the best one), Full Metal Panic Fufumo and Rose of Versailles.

All of them are the best of the best and you will not regret watching any of those. I guarantee them ;)

Other series that I watched completely and I didn't like were: Stellavia of Universe and Shingetsutan Tsukihime. But as you know there are others who love these shows. I Think we may have the same tastes because I love, HxH and Saint Seiya Hades. However, I haven't watched Tokio Underground, and I HATE Peace Maker.

dreamless 2004-04-01 14:47

Yup, give Gunslinger Girl (which often gets mistaken for a Noir-like show, but in truth it's totally different) a try for sure, fantastic series.

Also I highly recommend Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari, which is very dark, disturbing, with some great depth. The art-style is unique so it may turn off some people at first (though I love the art style right from the start), but just keep watching, and after a couple of episodes the plot and depth will surely grow on you. At least give it a try :cool:

Planet Es is also one of the best on-going series, it's more geared towards a mature audience. The story is awesome, it's based on a manga which has won the Japanese Nebula Award.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is insanely fun, and a definitely must-watch if you love comedy. The humour and parody are just some of the best ever. :D

Ken84 2004-04-06 11:05

Manga online

:help: I really want to read the manga online, where can i find it?

SimplyEd 2004-04-06 11:24

Huh, a possible candidate for thread-close no jutsu^^
You seem to be quite new to the forums so please recheck the forum rules http://forums.animesuki.com/announce...nouncementid=2
and have a look at the suggestions/manga forum for more legal options.
Otherwise i'm a bit confuddled by this thread altogether.

xris 2004-04-06 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken84
:help: I really want to read the manga online, where can i find it?

Since I have no idea just what series you want to read, I merged your thread with your previous one.

When you make a post, please make sure you explain what it is you are talking about. We are not mind-readers after all (well, some of the forum members appear to claim to be mind-readers but somehow I don't believe them :) )

Post in the forum suitable for your question. So far your two threads have been posted in the wrong forum to begin with.

If you want to ask about Manga, use the Manga forum.

If you want Suggestions to anime, use the Suggestions forum.

Thyrz 2004-04-06 13:35

Full Metal Alchemist is good. Ditch naruto, I burned my naruto episodes:P