AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Character Discussion - Tenshi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92927)

Pellissier 2010-04-12 15:51

Angel Beats! - Character Discussion - Tenshi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tenshi related.
http://i.imagehost.org/0449/angelbeatsct-tenshi.png
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Angel Beats fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Forever 2010-04-14 10:31

I prefer the a zoom in of the scene in the OP where she plays the piano with her wings unfolded as the profile pic.

Represents her entity quite well.

Arabesque 2010-04-14 14:33

Dunno, I think this one works fine. That one isn't very clear imo.

She is the most interesting one of the entire cats thus far. I wonder what her motives are and if she really is trying to stop the SSS, because thus far she really didn't take any unjustified forceful actions against them.

Also more of Tenshi Guard Skills were shown in episode 2. I found it interesting that Delay is somewhat the opposite of Distortion i.e. the latter is used to block non bladed projectiles, while the former is used to dodge bladed weapons. I find it strange why both Skills don't work together to help her, especially when she could equip Blade with out any problems.

Verist 2010-04-14 16:25

I might be way off base and she might be evil incarnate, but I just kinda feel sad for her. The dispassionate way she goes about dispatching everyone, makes me think she doesn't really care for it. Besides even though the SSS is being hunted, at least they have one another. Tenshi seems to be all alone (for now). I guess the sad piano playing at the beginning has made me soft :)

Tsuchi 2010-04-14 17:23

Quote:

Also more of Tenshi Guard Skills were shown in episode 2. I found it interesting that Delay is somewhat the opposite of Distortion i.e. the latter is used to block non bladed projectiles, while the former is used to dodge bladed weapons. I find it strange why both Skills don't work together to help her, especially when she could equip Blade with out any problems.
Maybe they would counter each other, don't you think?

What makes me wonder the most regarding Tenshi is where did she got that powers from. Most probably the "superior entity" known as "God" here would be the one who granted them to her.

If that's the case, what would be her true mission? It's hard to see her as an evil character, in any case. Not good either, anyway; at least that's what one can take out from her secrecy regarding her role and her generally violent, unstoppable and efficient behavior.

DarkWish 2010-04-14 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever (Post 3003314)
I prefer the a zoom in of the scene in the OP where she plays the piano with her wings unfolded as the profile pic.

Represents her entity quite well.

Tenshi at the piano is my fav , i really wanna know more about her at these point.

descent87 2010-04-14 19:41

It becomes even more sad especially if she is actually there to help them in the end. Perhaps by being their opponent it provides them a means to heal the pain in there lives but such a lonesome task really is sad regardless of what kind of entity she is.

I hope there will be much more added depth to Tenshi's character I love her design and her role so far in the series. You know that things aren't going to be simple when the producers have already gone to such amazing lengths to make us feel so darn sympathetic towards her in some ways, Tenshi was designed as a character to steal part of this show's spotlight and she has done her job. Yes the SSS is the "good guys" but nearly every bit of violence so far has been initiated by them as well and it makes you question what the right way will be in the end (conformity and killing god/the matrix both don't seem to bit it).

It really does help that I dig her cute character design as much as I do. Now if only someone would tell a joke and make her smile. JK, but really I hope we get back to some more in-school settings and see some verbal confrontations with the SSS that develop her character more.

Kudryavka 2010-04-14 19:44

Why are the replies all copypasta-ish?

Anyway, I'm loving Angel so far. I like her char design the most, she's got some cheap as heck powers, and she probably actually cares for the other chars, but has to punish them when they get out of hand.
I wonder if the rest of the Student Council will also get in on disciplining unruly spirits.

Archon_Wing 2010-04-14 22:03

Oh, the cool, cute, and powerful archtype character. Well, considering the ones that Key brought has out beforehand, and I can't really resist them, she should be an easy winner. Though it'll require something exceptional for her to stand out.

I don't know. I just think she's trying to do her job; it's just unfortunate she's on the other side. We'll just have to find out. Perhaps she does prefer playing piano over killing people. ;)

orion 2010-04-14 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by descent87 (Post 3003997)
It becomes even more sad especially if she is actually there to help them in the end.

That's what one of the PVs implied (PV #5 subbed).

She says..

I pray for them to conclude their own stories one day.
I pray that I will be able to wave good bye to them thinking "All is well.".

klare 2010-04-15 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 3004386)

She says..

hard to imagine she will do things like "waving goodbye" but it is possible she always has good intenton towards the group

so far she is my favourite char, i will come back after more of the series are shown

Haak 2010-04-15 03:18

Tenshi - Only in Japan would they make the Terminator a cute high school girl.

Archon_Wing 2010-04-15 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 3004596)
Tenshi - Only in Japan would they make the Terminator a cute high school girl.

lol, QFT.

Anime, where power is expressed in terms of cute High School girls.

Forever 2010-04-15 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 3004386)

She says..

I believe that the mid-way point world is a place where people undergo a program to let go of their regrets (or rather their memories) and get reincarnated. Tenshi's role is to administer the program. Unfortunately, some people fear about what is going to happen after reincarnation and decided to rebel against the system.

Tsuchi 2010-04-15 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever (Post 3004644)
I believe that the mid-way point world is a place where people undergo a program to let go of their regrets (or rather their memories) and get reincarnated. Tenshi's role is to administer the program. Unfortunately, some people fear about what is going to happen after reincarnation and decided to rebel against the system.

It reminds me more to a Purgatory. Partly because noone in the 3S committed suicide (supposedly, I still believe Yuri hides something regarding that); I see Tenshi more like someone whose mission is to take them to Heaven.

Unless Key is going fusion-style on us here and it's both what you said and this.

DarkWish 2010-04-15 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komari (Post 3004004)
Why are the replies all copypasta-ish?

We all love tenshi , thats the reason :heh:

Starry Dust 2010-04-15 17:56

Gee, didn't think that many people would like Tenshi already even though we know jack-nothing about her :uhoh:
I guess her cute-ness does the trick.

I don't really have an opinion on her, other than I like how she plays the piano in the OP (who doesn't?)
It's very nice.

Wrath88 2010-04-15 20:41

I'm thinking Delay affects the perception of those near her, slowing them down so that it appears like she's suddenly sped up (the speed guy from Oracion Six in Fairy Tail). But we don't really know the range, so unless we see something like in FT, we won't know for sure.

Himeji 2010-04-15 21:31

Don't like Tenshi so far, she's so cold and emotionless.
She could just as well be a droid or something... perhaps she is, that would explain the 010101's flying around when she uses her "powers".

So far, I'm regarding her as an anime version of the Daleks :heh:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7...beatsdalek.jpg

dark998 2010-04-17 00:42

"It's almost like Im the bad guy"

Poor Tenshi, she only wants to do her job :heh: