AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87678)

Kairin 2009-10-23 16:50

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Lummie 2009-10-23 16:57

Touma owned this episode... moar Touma plz XD also, i finally liked Mikoto more in this ep then the previous eps but that's perhaps because i often get anoyed by kuroko's every minute yuri antics towards her. Lol also at her reaction at the tsundra part.

This ep gets the full 10/10, too epic for words because:

Mikoto vs Touma FTW
And the woman who started undressing in front of both XD such anime original stuff is very welcome

Nayrael 2009-10-23 17:22

Quote:

And the woman who started undressing in front of both XD such anime original stuff is very welcome
thats not anime original. [mod edit: removed novel spoiler]

serenade_beta 2009-10-23 17:39

Gyaa, zombie! Or not... But the scientist needs some rest. Looks like a dangerous person with those bags under the eyes. :heh:

Great episode, as usual. They finally animated a Railgun ver. Touma chapter. With so much Kuroko recently, the tsundere-ing was refreshing and adorable.
Good battle scene, though... :uhoh: Makes you wonder if she really just wants to defeat him or wants to chop him to pieces. Hiii~

On the other side... Cute Kazari and Ruiko... and Kuroko going insane, as usual. :heh:

Next time is... That chapter and a future chapter, so another chapter mix-up, huh. And, more flags. There was plenty this episode though.
Ah, hai~ I can see the manga readers spoiling in this thread now... <--nothing new though...

Clarste 2009-10-23 18:24

Huh, they're finally getting back on track, although switching the order around a bit. Good episode, both on its own terms and as an omen of things to come.

WildArms 2009-10-23 19:36

If this had more touma it would be perfect, is funny and cool to see show she acts when he is close and when he is not

0rphen21 2009-10-23 19:57

LMAO ep 4 is pure win even if it deviated from the manga

MeisterBabylon 2009-10-23 20:12

Looks like me not wishing for plot as the first post does wonders for the episode ahead... :uhoh:

Shinji103 2009-10-23 20:31

**** YES! Finaly, a great episode! You see, this is the anime original stuff I expect from JC Staff!

And yes, while the episode was stuff from the manga in general, it was still heavily arranged in anime-original fashion and many of the scenes were massively different. In fact, several parts of the episode were largely different from the manga, and many things weren't even from the same chapter either. So we have an episode that plucks several things from different parts of the manga and redoes most of them anime-original style.

Anyway, enough of the manga. 20/10 to JC Staff for pulling themselves out of the near-gutter and back to their good ol' anime-making selves. Oh wait, damn. We only have 10/10.....

kk2extreme 2009-10-23 21:25

Omg, more shana appearances, this time is on magazine

MeisterBabylon 2009-10-23 21:37

What's taking the subbers today, when it mattered? :frustrated: My bad, it was just uploaded it. :heh:

@kk: Got a pic? Just so I know where to look out for it.

kk2extreme 2009-10-23 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 2724657)
What's taking the subbers today, when it mattered? :frustrated: My bad, it was just uploaded it. :heh:

@kk: Got a pic? Just so I know where to look out for it.

Its around 4:05, sorry I dont have a pic:(

Midonin 2009-10-23 21:54

http://i38.tinypic.com/16lac5x_th.jpg

The magazine in question looks to be the latest issue of Dengeki Daioh, which also has a small ad for Railgun on the front. This calls into question the fictionality level of Mikoto's own universe.

Shinji103 2009-10-23 21:56

ARGH, how'd I forget to watch the next episode preview?!

Anyways, as for that, it looks to be about a certain part of the manga that I've been hoping to see animated, and other certain people here such as Keroko will be happy to see as well. :) I wish I could say more, but that would be spoilers about the next episode......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 2724681)
http://i38.tinypic.com/16lac5x_th.jpg

The magazine in question looks to be the latest issue of Dengeki Daioh, which also has a small ad for Railgun on the front. This calls into question the fictionality level of Mikoto's own universe.

More breaking of the fourth wall, eh? :D

Miraluka 2009-10-23 22:10

Its me or the stripper scientist wants to join Touma harem??? :heh:

LaoED 2009-10-23 22:11

I almost lost it when Touma pretended to fall into defeat. XD

Strange 2009-10-23 22:11

who killed all the j.c. Staff and replaced them with competent people?????!!!!!

Most enjoyable episode thus far. Makes up for the turdfest that was eps 2 and 3.

Miraluka 2009-10-23 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange (Post 2724721)
who killed all the j.c. Staff and replaced them with competent people?????!!!!!

Kuroko, Shinji103 and some fans.... of the manga XD.

Strange 2009-10-23 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2724725)
^

No, you were the incompetent one. There were plenty of people trying to tell you that the staff has their own plans while you and others were deciding everything from a little. m9^^

I don't care if they had their own plans, the previous episodes were crap. :rolleyes:

FlareKnight 2009-10-23 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaoED (Post 2724720)
I almost lost it when Touma pretended to fall into defeat. XD

Haha that was great. He just felt so bad for how scared she looked so he dropped pretending to get beaten :D. It really was a tough spot for him. He couldn't really attack since it'd mean beating her up and yet taking attacks would kill him.

Definitely the best episode of the series so far. Part of the fun was just seeing how Mikoto reacts when it comes to Touma. The reaction of her being called out as a Tsunjire was great. An embarrassed Mikoto is nice to see. Some violent reactions but pretty honest in terms of what is expressed on her face.

Certainly a rough day for Touma....his poor eggs :heh:. Tries to help this lost person and gets blamed for taking off her blouse, his eggs that he waited in line for two hours to get broke, and then he had to fight Mikoto who attacked him with things that would have killed most people :heh:.

That fight was great though. Mikoto really came out with some great moves to try and take him down. The iron sword was something to see in action. Yeah he might get a small scratch if that thing hit him :heh:. Of course he might also lose a limb....A pretty good follow up to sneak in and get direct contact. Of course she had to grab the hand that would make her unable to use her ability.

Certainly a fateful first meeting. Tries to step in to help and she refused to go along with it. Nothing would be the same again after that. Plus it was good to hear him call her BiriBiri again :).