AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Tiger Mask the original series (1969) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45292)

deathnotefan1 2007-04-05 11:59

Tiger Mask the original series (1969)

Hey everyone

I was fortunate enough to view the last 30 episodes of the Tiger Mask original series in Japanese. No subs though. This was through a wrestling contact who had acquired some shows. My research back than concluded that there was no sub made of this.

However, I was on youtube and discovered the 2nd version of the show. The one from the 80s. And the starting was subbed!!!! This gave me hope that the original show from 1969 was subbed as well. Being a big wrestling fan, I absolutely watched this show so I would love to be able to understand what is going on more easily.

I believe Italian subs may have been made of the show because it was big there but I don't know anything about English shows. Does anyone know anything?

Thanks in advance.

gencbiba 2007-04-05 15:51

Yea, I have seen the whole series dubbed in Italian around 1992-1996.... It is a great show, just like Lupin (which aired around same time dubbed in Italian).

Anidb doesn't say anything about subs, so they might not have any, but then again, who can trust online resources?

deathnotefan1 2007-04-06 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by gencbiba (Post 890552)
Yea, I have seen the whole series dubbed in Italian around 1992-1996.... It is a great show, just like Lupin (which aired around same time dubbed in Italian).

Anidb doesn't say anything about subs, so they might not have any, but then again, who can trust online resources?

Was your version in Italy similar to the version in Japanese? Do you know of any differences and similarities?

sirtao 2007-04-06 12:22

no rilevant differences, the traduction was discontinuos for minor things, and a handful of VA covered all the roles, but nothing mining the possibility to follow this great anime.

the biggest differences are the names of the masked characters and the moves translated(usually faithfully) in Italian.

gencbiba 2007-04-07 19:31

Yep, what sirtao said is true. Names are different...

Like Captain Tsubasa for instance. His Italian name was Holly and the goalkeeper's name was Benji.

sirtao 2007-04-08 09:02

for Tiger Mask, only the names of the masked fighters was changed.
The characters themselves retained their names(Naoto Date, Antonio Inoki, Baba, etc)

Borkman 2007-04-11 05:31

Does anyone know a way to get a hold of the italian DVD release internationally? I tried searching around a bit and it seems like the stores aren't selling it anymore... :(

There are a few complete sets on italian eBay for 100 euros, and I'd pay that in an instant. Unfortunately they don't ship internationally, and I can't contact the sellers without registering (and registering seems impossible since I don't speak italian).

I could probably get a good english translation of the italian subs, as I know a few italian people, although I'm not sure I'd dare to bother them with the task. I could also maybe get some help from other swedish fans to get a hold of a japanese translator, but I'm not sure about that.

So if anyone feels like helping out, maybe we could get this thing translated to english as well?

sirtao 2007-04-12 13:37

as far as I know, in these DVDs there aren't sub.
also, it should be a pretty shitty edition...

Borkman 2007-05-08 06:34

I managed to get a few episodes of the Italian (with Japanese audio track) release on Bittorrent, and they seemed pretty good. The video and audio was clear, although only the first six episodes had Italian subtitles.

The only thing that I disliked was the Italian credits/episode title and that the Opening and Ending animation didn't offer the original Japanese songs. But that can be fixed, since I think I can get a hold of both the opening and ending songs on MP3.

Anyway, I've ordered the DVDs now, and when I get them, I'll start searching for people who can help me with translating the show. If anyone feels interested (translation, timing, typesetting or distribution), please send me a PM :)