AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Omamori Himari [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48719)

JagdPanther 2007-06-05 10:22

Omamori Himari [Manga]

I did a search of the site and I don't believe there is a topic on this... Unless there is one with the English translation of the title, and I do not know what it means in English.

Anyway.... I don't think this is licensed in America, either, because it seems to be just coming out in Japan recently and it's deathly hard to find any information about it online (at least on English-language sites).

It's called "Omamori Himari."

I peruse wakachan.org every night to see what, if any, cute pics they have and on the Nekomimi board the other night someone posted these pics (56k-ers be warned... they're BIG.... If you want, I can reduce them to textual links instead):

I and others were intrigued and when asked, someone produced a link to this site where you can get links to download scanlations:

gotlurk.net

I downloaded the four packets currently available (grand total of 29-ish MBs) and read all four.

It's REALLLLLLLLLLY cute. ^_^

Basically, the main male character is allergic to cats. And one day a... RATHER pretty girl shows up... And she happens to set off the main characters cat allergies. Turns out she's actually a demon of sorts, a "cat" spirit... And she defends the main character from danger as he becomes aware of his family's past and why demons are out to get him.

The girl speaks the Japanese-equivalent of Olde English... But that's not the point. She's really hot. And she's a kitty girl. Who can let out her kitty-features at will. ^_^

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7333

Download it. Read it. Comment. ^_^

To Mods/Admins: I really did search the forums for any mention of this series and there seems to be none. If there IS, in fact, a topic already, I wholeheartedly apologize. Please delete this, then... I'm sorry....

Anyway...

"If you don't dress me... I shall let out my ears and tail and meow at thee."

Oooooohhhhhhh my God. SOOOO cute.......

JagdPanther 2007-07-11 09:22

I can't believe there's no interest in this.

I would think that this would be really popular because of the main female character....

=^_^=

*nyaaa*

LemonMunchies 2007-07-11 10:45

Yeah this manga would suit anyone who likes a bit of ecchi-ness here and there. :) Too bad only one volume has been released. I think they're releasing one volume a year?

JagdPanther 2007-07-11 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonMunchies (Post 1037294)
Yeah this manga would suit anyone who likes a bit of ecchi-ness here and there. :) Too bad only one volume has been released. I think they're releasing one volume a year?

You're kidding. :upset:

Freeter 2007-09-17 01:46

Just discovered this thanks to AoMM...Himari is the hottest neko samurai ever :bow:

I hear the second volume was released this month, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Maybe the next haremette will be a dog spirit :heh:

sumowow 2007-09-17 08:36

Oh yea i remember reading this on simplemanga it was pretty funny. Random ecchi moments, evil spirits and hidden powers. Yup this is something im definately looking forward to.

asaqe 2007-09-17 23:45

And you forgot male main who deserves to die like every other harem main, other then that all is well in the world...

Julius Firefocht 2007-09-21 10:59

I just bought and read the first volume of this title.

Himari is damned hot. Probably one of the hottest manga character I have ever seen. I dunno whether it's due to the artist's drawing style, but Himari presses the right buttons on me.

As for the main male, he is pretty decent and likable. He's not as bad as they say he is.

And yes, I cannot believe there has not been much interest in this. A voluptous samurai with nekomimi mode that speaks in ancient Japanese? What's not to like?

beamknight87 2007-11-05 14:49

ah yes, tks to Kurogane's blog I discovered this gem. It's awesome!!! The style of the artist is topnotch and superb, and the plot (up to chapter 8 I have read) can be quite decent.
Himari is HAWT ^^

Julius Firefocht 2007-11-10 07:57

I don't understand. I don't understand why such a great title has become obscured, hidden away so easily and ignore by the masses.

Observe, if you will (NSFW):

This is not making any sense at all.

musashiken 2007-11-10 10:50

Yes this is very awesome manga. Perhaps it's quite a new manga, that's why not many know it.
Also the chapters come out monthly (I think) and the 2nd volume just came out 2 months ago.

Himari is probably the best female character I can ever wish for.

Chaos2Frozen 2007-11-11 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaqe (Post 1152557)
And you forgot male main who deserves to die like every other harem main, other then that all is well in the world...

Generally, I'll place him slightly a notch higher than most... But he's got to pull his act together as there's only so much that "Kindness" can do.

Surprisingly, this story seems to have some dark underlining issues, something I wouldn't have expected just yet in the second volume.

MeganeShounen 2007-11-11 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1248903)
Generally, I'll place him slightly a notch higher than most... But he's got to pull his act together as there's only so much that "Kindness" can do.

Surprisingly, this story seems to have some dark underlining issues, something I wouldn't have expected just yet in the second volume.

Well, Tenchi had lots of "kindness" (and perhaps being undecisive), and now he has a whole harem. And not to mention having one of the largest bounties on 4chan's hitlist... :heh:

But I don't mind Yuuto gathering a supernatural harem of his own... starting off with a catgirl guardian, loli water spirit, a foreign tea spirit...

That reminds me. The artist for Omamori Himari, if I'm not mistaken, is Matra/Matara Milan. I think I've seen rather... erotic works in the past that was authored by her (or is it him? I don't know... :heh:). I guess that's the source for the excellent art....

"Platinum Garden" was the title of one particular eromanga, I think...?

Renegade334 2007-11-11 08:12

Matra Milan (I guess the name comes from the European antitank weapon) is a he.

And, considering his past works, well, err...ahem, it's no surprise he's well-versed in ecchi and the like. Just check his profile here: http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2323

Speaks for itself, eh?

Chaos2Frozen 2007-11-11 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeganeShounen (Post 1248983)
But I don't mind Yuuto gathering a supernatural harem of his own... starting off with a catgirl guardian, loli water spirit, a foreign tea spirit...

I don't mind the harem, but rather I'm more curious about his past with Himari... Which was revealed in Vol 2, though almost everyone with a brain could figure it out :heh:

Spoiler for from then onwards:

musashiken 2007-11-11 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1249005)
I don't mind the harem, but rather I'm more curious about his past with Himari... Which was revealed in Vol 2, though almost everyone with a brain could figure it out :heh:

Spoiler for from then onwards:

Spoiler for heavy spoiler from after volume 2:

beamknight87 2007-11-11 19:26

man, I gave in and read the spoiler... where do you guys get this info?

musashiken 2007-11-11 19:37

I personally read up to chapter 15 raw...

Chaos2Frozen 2007-11-11 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by musashiken (Post 1249678)
Spoiler for heavy spoiler from after volume 2:

Well yeah, I saw :heh:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by musashiken (Post 1249789)
I personally read up to chapter 15 raw...

I saw the chinese scans :heh:

Julius Firefocht 2007-11-11 23:03

Ok I've been spoiled silly by now.

Chaos2Frozen, do you mind PMing me the link to the Chinese scans for Omamori Himari? I just realized waiting for Vol 2 is probably going to kill me in the process...