AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya [Spoilers Aplenty] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63152)

DJ_RockmanX 2008-02-28 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 1429115)
I consider this the BEST IDEA EVER.

I'm glad you agree.

Ketro 2008-02-28 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 1429115)
I consider this the BEST IDEA EVER.

:heh: :heh: :heh:

Shizzon 2008-02-28 16:37

ROTFL! OMG thats too funny

Utter_iMADNESS 2008-02-28 16:42

Lol. That's is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Ketro 2008-02-28 16:57

That picture of Kyon and Itsuki in the baseball scene w/ the gender bender is hot.

X207 2008-02-28 17:19

the genderbender pics arent an idea i dont like too much but the pic that teresa/claire posted 2 pages back wasnt done that badly. took a second to figure out who it was in the pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa/Clare1415 (Post 1411831)

game2007 2008-02-28 22:23

You know, Haruhi would never be as popular like it is today if the gender swap is real... One should agree that one of the main reasons that it is successful is because it has lots of cute and beautiful girls.

Tyabann 2008-02-28 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by game2007 (Post 1429773)
You know, Haruhi would never be as popular like it is today if the gender swap is real... One should agree that one of the main reasons that it is successful is because it has lots of cute and beautiful girls.

Kyon-ko and Itsuko are cute and beautiful too...

But I agree with you. One of the reasons this is so awesome is because we have an already established idea of the way the characters SHOULD be.

Kinny Riddle 2008-02-29 12:53

Simply brilliant. Most of the character description and seiyuu suggestion by that guy are right on the spot, though I would imagine Kyon-ko to be more of a girl with a cynical attitude to life, like Chiaki in Minami-ke, who if you are aware is voiced by Chihara Minori. Fancy having Minorin in both the gender-proper and gender-bending versions? :cool:

DJ_RockmanX 2008-02-29 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle (Post 1430877)
Simply brilliant. Most of the character description and seiyuu suggestion by that guy are right on the spot, though I would imagine Kyon-ko to be more of a girl with a cynical attitude to life, like Chiaki in Minami-ke, who if you are aware is voiced by Chihara Minori. Fancy having Minorin in both the gender-proper and gender-bending versions? :cool:

Minorin's Chiaki voice would work too, and I think she could handle the tsundere transitions if she's given enough time to work on it.

Plus it's an excuse to get her to sing the OP. :D

We might want a separate thread for "The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya" soon enough. :heh:

Tyabann 2008-02-29 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1430907)
Minorin's Chiaki voice would work too, and I think she could handle the tsundere transitions if she's given enough time to work on it.

Plus it's an excuse to get her to sing the OP. :D

We might want a separate thread for "The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya" soon enough. :heh:

I'm actually thinking about rewriting the first novel with this idea in mind...

DJ_RockmanX 2008-02-29 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 1430937)

Legendary fan-project? Let's get us our own thread. :heh:

We've derailed this topic too much already.

Tyabann 2008-02-29 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1430942)
Legendary fan-project? Let's get us our own thread. :heh:

We've derailed this topic too much already.

Maybe we should request one in the new threads topic...

shaoron 2008-02-29 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 1430937)

great idea...
but we need to change a lot of things...
i mean... simple things like...
if the computer president is a girl, then you can't use the same blackmail as haruhi did.

but first... a thread of our own

Skane 2008-03-01 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaoron (Post 1431376)
great idea...
but we need to change a lot of things...
i mean... simple things like...
if the computer president is a girl, then you can't use the same blackmail as haruhi did.

but first... a thread of our own

* Neo- refers to reversed gender.

Given Haruhi's lack of inhabitation, and her general "cluelessness" of gender sensibilities in the first novels, it is not far-fetched to have her counterpart be unwittingly "cruel" to girls, not because Neo-Haruhi is a MCP, but because he really sees equality in all genders.

Neo-Haruhi flying-kicks the CSP: "Woo-ha!"
CSP: "Nani!"
Neo-Kyon: "You kicked a girl?!?!"
Neo-Haruhi: "I kicked the threat to our brigade! *glances at cowering CSP* Oh, it's just you."
Neo-Kyon: "Is that all you got to say?!?!"

So long as we realise that we are doing a parody on a what-if situation, we should be more than capable enough of laughing at the resulting absurd situations that will occur.

As for the blackmail scenario, it can still be a case of "molestation", as Neo-Mikuru is meek enough for this to be a plausible explanation. The difference is in the implication. For guys, it implies forcing themselves on a girl. For girls, it implies that they are being slutty and whorish.

Cheers.

Jintor 2008-03-01 05:15

I wholeheartedly approve of such an endevour. Endevoaour. Whatever.

Cloudy 2008-03-01 09:53

The male Mikuru is moe~:love:

And ItsukoXKyouko FTW!

game2007 2008-03-01 11:35

Someone should make a picture of what the computer president looks like as a girl and her getting kicks. Hehe...

Digital Rain 2008-03-01 12:25

The male Haruhi reminds me of Marth (from fire emblem) with that hairband. Their personalities obviously don't match though.

CrowKenobi 2008-03-01 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudy (Post 1432523)
The male Mikuru is moe~:love:

The technical term would be "trap!" :heh:

:cool:

come to think of it: would a male Haruhi use a male Mikuru's "trap-ness" to its fullest extent? :uhoh: