AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Blood-C (CLAMP x Production IG) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102900)

duckroll 2011-03-24 04:09

Blood-C (CLAMP x Production IG)

http://i.imgur.com/2tAqH.jpg

Blood-C (Original Animation)
July 2011
Story/Original Character Designs: CLAMP
Production: Production IG

A serialized manga based on Blood-C will also start running in the July issue of Shounen Ace, drawn by Ranmaru Kotone.

ahelo 2011-03-24 04:13

Well hello there CLAMP. I hope its gonna be as twisty and brainhurt as TRC. It looks like this might be a winner for the Summer season.

MeoTwister5 2011-03-24 04:28

Am I going to see a CLAMP action series I haven't seen in a while?

Kakkou 2011-03-24 06:19

The mere thought of this CLAMP x IG collab possibly being as good as the Tsubasa OADs is making my mouth water.

Nightengale 2011-03-24 07:37

I can see this being a recipe for disaster, or at least a disaster that I can't keep my eyes and ears off.

Blood+ was filled with quite a bit of too much character melodrama near the 3rd half of the series already, wringing out as much of tragic from the series before the finale which... well, I thought it was decent, all things considered.

Throw in CLAMP writing? ( Especially their writing in recent years which fall into the overly emotional range )

Man, I don't know if my body will be ready.

Von Himmel 2011-03-24 07:41

>Story : Clamp
My brain can't keep up with them.

duckroll 2011-03-24 07:44

My body is ready, I'm just not sure if my mind is. :)

Kanon 2011-03-24 09:26

Will it be directly related to the previous "Blood" works or is it a complete reboot?

I'm a total noob when it comes to Clamp so I can't comment much on their writing. I'll just say the character design doesn't look too bad. Did they stop with the noodles?

duckroll 2011-03-24 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3543287)
Will it be directly related to the previous "Blood" works or is it a complete reboot?

I'm a total noob when it comes to Clamp so I can't comment much on their writing. I'll just say the character design doesn't look too bad. Did they stop with the noodles?

I don't think anyone knows yet. But it could well be just another Saya story, without specifically being a reboot or related to any other previous work. CLAMP didn't stop with the noodles, but it's usually most apparent on their male characters. :P

Sheba 2011-03-24 09:46

The yaoi, the lolicon, the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaangst!

Shiroth 2011-03-24 10:52

I'm all for another Saya story, especially with CLAMP at the controls.

omimon 2011-03-24 12:06

I want this series to be more related to the movie instead of the TV anime. It's not that I didn't like the TV version but it's just that things got to fantastical with the anime. Blood turning you into crystals? I liked it better when it was just pure hardcore bleeding you to death and cutting off limbs in the movie. I expect a lot of gore in this one, don't disappoint me Clamp.

Miraluka 2011-03-24 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3543420)
I expect a lot of gore in this one, don't disappoint me Clamp.

How is that possible. Its CLAMP!!!

P.S.: lol at Kamui/Lelouch genderswap :heh:.

Shiroth 2011-03-24 15:16

I guess one could expect this to be a spin-off from Blood+, which the fact that there's no Haji in the first promo piece. Then again he could be added at a later date, though it would be silly to just leave him out now if he is apart of the new project.

omimon 2011-03-24 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3543634)
I guess one could expect this to be a spin-off from Blood+, which the fact that there's no Haji in the first promo piece. Then again he could be added at a later date, though it would be silly to just leave him out now if he is apart of the new project.

The whole fighting with an instrument case never rubbed me the right way. Hopefully its just Saya with a badass katana.

Destinyblade 2011-03-24 16:12

I find this a little odd. I haven't paid too much attention to CLAMP since the Cardcaptor Sakura days, but their fantasy style writing just doesn't sound like it'd fit with a franchise that's supposed to be dark and more realistic. And when I say realistic, I mean in the sense that Blood doesn't usually involve the typical magic you see in something like Magic Knight Rayearth and that.

But maybe I.G has lost their self-confidence in writing a story themselves after the failure of Blood+. After all, Blood+ failed mainly because the characters just weren't likeable enough (probably as a result of trying to portray them too realistically) and the story they came up for it wasn't deep enough to cover 50 episodes. And of course, let's not forget how poorly I.G executed the story.

For instance, in Blood+:
Spoiler:

On the other hand, perhaps it's I.G's goal to have a mainstream franchise at their disposal, like Sunrise has Gundam. Blood is already a franchise, but from what I've heard, the main core of it (manga, video games for The Last Vampire) is for adults. If I.G is teaming up with CLAMP for this, I can't imagine Blood-C being on the same mature, adult-themed level that I've heard The Last Vampire manga is. I have to think that this is another attempt to popularize it, like what Blood+ tried (and failed) to do. I guess I'll see if I'm correct when there's more info on this.

Chances are I'll check this out when it premieres. If I'm not lazy enough to watch the episodes, that is. :p

Shiroth 2011-03-24 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destinyblade (Post 3543718)
I find this a little odd. I haven't paid too much attention to CLAMP since the Cardcaptor Sakura days, but their fantasy style writing just doesn't sound like it'd fit with a franchise that's supposed to be dark and more realistic.

Who's saying this new BLOOD series has to be dark and more realistic? That's basically what the fans want to see based on the past works, though it can be anything it wants to be.

Destinyblade 2011-03-24 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3543735)
Who's saying this new BLOOD series has to be dark and more realistic? That's basically what the fans want to see based on the past works, though it can be anything it wants to be.

I guess I should've said "supposedly" instead of "supposed to." Yes, it can be whatever it wants. I was just commenting based on what the Blood franchise has produced and what CLAMP has done. Blood+ is hardly dark and realistic when compared to other works, but it's still more down to earth than the fantasy-driven stories that CLAMP usually does (at the very least, it's very different from the stuff that they normally write). And considering that there's already been at least one spinoff, you get a general feel of what the franchise is.

But yes, I suppose this new one could be something lighter and more shounen-like as opposed to Last Vampire and even Plus. After all, Gundam had all those Universal Century shows, and then G Gundam came out. I'm sure the faithful were first appalled (and maybe they still are). :heh:

It would certainly be a little shock if I.G chose to do something like that. For myself, what I like isn't normally limited to genres or demographics even, so I could care less if this turns out to be something more like The Last Vampire or if it's DBZ-like. If I like what I see, I'll continue watching. If not, it's on my ignore list.

surerman 2011-03-24 18:26

CLAMP.....*looking at previous title*

1.Lolicon........check (Cardcaptor Sakura)
2.Yaoi............check (Tokyo Babylon)
3.Shotacon....check (CLAMP school detective)
4.Tragedy......check (X 1999)
5.Mindfuck....check (Tsubatsa Reservoir Chronicle)
6.Adventure..check (Magic Knight Rayearth)
7.Machine......check (Chobits)
8.Sentai.......check (Duklyon)
9.Myth.........check (XXXholic)

let see...the last one is Horror...altough for Straight people no 2 is a horror already:heh:
Yep! added to watch list:D

germanturkey 2011-03-24 18:34

i miss the long limbs. wooo