AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Asatte no Houkou (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Asatte no Houkou (old generic discussion thread) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29146)

NeoSam 2006-02-15 17:30

Asatte no Houkou (old generic discussion thread)

あさっての方向。
ASATTE NO HOUKOU

a direction of the day after tomorrow (this is the translation according to some japanese forums and sites)

Broadcast: Autumn 2006

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Blade Masamune (a special issue of the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Blade)
For now there are 3 volumes released of this manga, here is the cover:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/4323/bvol18lm.jpg http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1132/vol27yx.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9234/vol3je4.jpg

Genre: Seinen, Fantasy, Drama

Asatte no Houkou is a seinen manga/anime.

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs 2006-02-15 19:26

I swear, you must have a template for these posts:)

Great news though, Neo-sam. Got any info on what it's about?

AnimePlus 2006-02-15 19:27

Wait so it's a love story...?

NeoSam 2006-02-16 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I swear, you must have a template for these posts:)

So you found out about it >.< LOL

Quote:

Great news though, Neo-sam. Got any info on what it's about?

I'm waiting for AnimeNfo or Anidb to list info about it.

Anyway, I can post info, but someone has to translate :heh:

RunningTARGET 2006-02-16 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam

I'm waiting for AnimeNfo or Anidb to list info about it.

Anyway, I can post info, but someone has to translate :heh:

Wow. For some one who doesnt know how to read much japanese, your very good at getting your info.

Anyway if this is romance, I'm there.

NeoSam 2006-02-16 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Wow. For some one who doesnt know how to read much japanese, your very good at getting your info.

I have my ways :D LOL

Anyway, more info about Asatte no Houkou anime will be in the spring issue of Comic Blade Masamune (released on 15/4/2006).

NeoSam 2006-02-16 14:59

A related pic:

Author of manga: J-ta Yamada (山田 J太)

DaFool 2006-02-16 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam
A related pic:

moe~ ^_^

Though a picture is a thousand words, I have not come to expect anything from anime these days. Who knows, it could be a post-apocalyptic sci-fi space opera. General recipe: just add hot cute girls, stir, and simmer.

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs 2006-02-16 20:30

I'm gonna throw in an unlikely speculation. I like doing this because if it turns out to be true then it's really cool.

So I'll say it's about a girl who is suffering from nightmeres. These nightmeres stem from her unknown past, as she's the sole decendant of an ancient civilization that lays claim to the world and it's almost time to collect. Although there will be mecha and such, the story mainly focusses on her inner struggle.

NeoSam 2006-02-16 21:24

Quote:

So I'll say it's about a girl who is suffering from nightmeres. These nightmeres stem from her unknown past, as she's the sole decendant of an ancient civilization that lays claim to the world and it's almost time to collect. Although there will be mecha and such, the story mainly focusses on her inner struggle.

:twitch: LOL :heh:

Ok I found some info; from Matthew's Anime Blog:

Quote:

Asatte no Houkou Anime
MOON PHASE also reports that Jayta Yamada's (山田J太) Asatte no Houkou will be made into an anime, probably starting this fall. From reading some blogs on the manga it sounds like it'd be interesting -- a girl, Karada-chan (odd naming there...), who lives with her brother feels that she's a burden on him so she wishes to be an adult.. and there's also a 24-year old woman, a coworker of Karada-chan's brother, who wishes to be a child. Mix in a "Wishing Stone" and y'all can probably figure out what happens ;)

NeoSam 2006-04-15 07:54

The second volume of the seinen manga Asatte no Houkou got out in March 2006. (the cover of it got added to the first post of this thread)

Manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine: Comic Blade Masamune.

rale 2006-04-20 04:25

Some info... Looks like this will be animated by JC.Staff, and directed by Katsushi Sakurabi.

I've read the first two volumes of the manga, and it's pretty good - looking forward to see what they'll do with it for the anime.

NeoSam 2006-07-06 15:06

The site for the seinen anime Asatte no Houkou has opened:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/asatteno/

Radiosity 2006-07-06 15:55

Quote:

Asatte no Houkou Anime
MOON PHASE also reports that Jayta Yamada's (山田J太) Asatte no Houkou will be made into an anime, probably starting this fall. From reading some blogs on the manga it sounds like it'd be interesting -- a girl, Karada-chan (odd naming there...), who lives with her brother feels that she's a burden on him so she wishes to be an adult.. and there's also a 24-year old woman, a coworker of Karada-chan's brother, who wishes to be a child. Mix in a "Wishing Stone" and y'all can probably figure out what happens
lol, I have to say I prefer Dragonfly's version :)

eggplant 2006-08-19 13:03

Thought this was going to be a moe anime before today's screening.

Spoiler for Episode One:

Maceart 2006-09-25 00:19

Woah, this anime looks amazing. JC Staff Moe/Slice of Life/Seinen anime? Goody. Perhaps Doremi can pick it up...

Actually, having read the manga (volume one in Chinese) I've realized that this anime can have an exceptionally well thought out premise and potential. And if the first episode is what Eggplant described, the pacing seems perfect, since the beginning "filler" is actually pretty important to the central story (I think, not really sure since I've only read a volume of the manga).

Anyway, if we have the resources, Doremi-fansubs will definitely pick up this, seems like a hidden gem in the fall season.

dxgarten 2006-10-05 21:50

Episode 01 Screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

monir 2006-10-06 13:34

In the midst of so many talked about show, Asatte no Houkou is most likely be one of the really good series that few people will watch and talk about. So far I've seen the first episodes for 4 different new series, including Kanon, and this one really stood out for me. Simply, awesome! Animation, the gorgeous art, the range of voice acting, character design, music,.. everything simply comes together!

Looking forward to a sub.

JarOfMayo 2006-10-06 14:14

Man... so many series I like this season... lol :heh:

I was wondering what eggplant meant by the siblings and their language. But yeah I see what he means now, just that the episode's flashbacks pretty much explain how that came about. Karada-san's wish to be more of a support (and equal) to Hiro-ni then just the child he needs to take care of.

my gosh.... I'm like following 13 series this season :eyespin:

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-06 17:08

Just the best first episode of the season so far, for me. Wonderful art. Wonderful pacing. Interesting characters whose hearts you can actually feel beating there in the distance. And I'm in love with Ito Shizuka's voice.

The siblings were wonderful, for me, despite their formality with one another: Binbou Shimai done right. I just cannot imagine how things are going to develop from here, but now I trust the makers' aesthetic judgment.

The beginning was so affecting, and the way they transitioned to the OP worked great. I couldn't see how they were going to get from that strong but gentle opening into a song, but they did it. And the ED moved me.