AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Episode 217 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41818)

monir 2007-01-18 00:53

Episode 217 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• If you don't like the fillers then DO NOT POST
      Filler discussion/news is located in the Fillers Discussion thread
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
    • Please do not whine / moan / complain about the episode.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads
================================================== =====================================

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if any of these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

ShikaShika 2007-01-18 04:12

Naruto is on thursdays in Japan right? Anyone know what time it's on? I'm gonna try watching a filler episode, wish me luck! :D

Edit: It's on now...

Spoiler for episode summary:

Edit: Added pics. :D:D:D

Razz 2007-01-18 09:58

Dang, when did you move to Japan Shika? /jealous

Is this filler arc worth watching? Or should I just wait til February 15th?

hmongstang 2007-01-18 10:27

i will give this one a chance since they have garaaaaa in there :heh:

ShikaShika 2007-01-18 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmongstang (Post 804461)
i will give this one a chance since they have garaaaaa in there :heh:

Word of advice, keep your expectations down, and you'll enjoy it more. ;)
Spoiler for really vague, but not taking any chances:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razz (Post 804435)
Dang, when did you move to Japan Shika? /jealous

Is this filler arc worth watching? Or should I just wait til February 15th?

Just before new years, studying Japanese for a year.

Appearantly the last episode was good, but I didn't like this one one bit (see my post above). Did give it a three, but I reserve my 1s and 2s for when they mess up the manga arcs. :p If I were you I'd wait. Maybe watch the last part on the 8th, since it's bound to be manga material.

Spoiler for A few more in-depth thoughts:

sudosu 2007-01-18 12:42

not bad...
and not amazing...
but interesting
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

tritoch 2007-01-19 03:02

*watches the first 5 minutes*

uh best opener yet?

Let's see how the rest of this episode turn out

*continues watching*

Lumir 2007-01-19 03:25

Not that bad for a filler. Though it dose seem like garaa is a bit different. He talks a bit more and is unfamiliar with his words, unlike the old garaa who was strait to the point and cold.

The episode was alright, the shinobi after garaa dissapointed me though... well so far... simply because they seem only to have power through there weapons. Swords, armor, and some others not confirmed. It would seem they rely on them far to much.

Well it is filler and the real story is right around the corner so no serious complaints here.

Hir0 2007-01-19 05:29

The episode was rather interesting, not yet amazing though

I dont like the fact that Kankuro and Temari would losing to them, They are both Curse Seal 2 capable, i highly doubt that these scrubs are Jounin + level

Lets hope that they won't end/finnish it poorly lol

Ichimaru 2007-01-19 06:14

This has got to be the best filler arc

Spoiler:

Sasuke_Akatsuki 2007-01-19 07:56

Gaara seems like a fucking loser now...how disappointing.

Mangs 2007-01-19 08:21

AWESOME FILLER!

I loved this one, it was so incredibly cool. Not very original, but still great to watch.

I don't think Gaara's character is ruined, some people are just sad because he isn't the cold, little emo-kid he used to be, I like him better this way, much better.

naruto89 2007-01-19 08:39

well its a filler but in terms of destroying the reputation of the sand shinobi its not bad, becoz the feeling i was getting, was that these "brick" jonins arnt as powerful as them but they have a natural and seemingly unfair ridiculous advantage over them through the use of there weapons
Spoiler:

anyways honest truth becoz i wana watch more naruto is there any specific filler episode that is worth watchin except this new arc

sudosu 2007-01-19 09:02

this episode like first movie technologies. баян одним словом =).

Covenant 2007-01-19 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasuke_Akatsuki (Post 805510)
Gaara seems like a fucking loser now...how disappointing.

Says the guy who likes Sasuke.

Anyhow you must have missed the arc where they fought Gaara's inner demon. He's not the same kid anymore.

Mr. DJ 2007-01-19 09:41

I gave this episode a 8, who cares if it's reversed rolls of the Save Sasuke Arc, this kinda shit happens in real life too.

Even if their attacks are weapon based, they are still using jutsus and thus, using chakra. Though I cannot say the same for the big guy, unless he has to use chakra in order for his armor to absorb attacking chakra.

Wind vs. Wind - this match up makes sense, cause I personally think Kankuro and Gaara would have a real hard time against this chick.

The other two match ups didn't really matter I think, either way if Kankuro and Gaara got one another's opponents, it still would of been interesting, though I think Gaara's match if he fought the 3-Headed Dragon Sword guy, would of been quicker.

This arc is still going strong, in comparison to the previous filler arc where it went severely downhill after the intro episode.

Luminion Lancer 2007-01-19 10:02

-Decided to give this one a 7 because the previous episode was quite enjoyeable. This isn't the best that there is but for a filler episode it certainly is a good one. I want to know which anime writer has been hired recently as it looks like the writers there are actually trying to make this seem like an "actual" Naruto episode...

kikko_s 2007-01-19 10:42

I think the only reason people think this last arc is okay is because they know subconsciously it's the last one. Kind of like parents and their spoiled youngest child. They're more tolerant of whatever happens because they know it's the last time they'll have to deal with it. Waited 80+ episodes for fillers to end, won't hurt to wait a few more.

Ichimaru 2007-01-19 11:04

actually i only enjoy the part where kiba told naruto to stfu and know ur role, cose kiba said so :D:D

seriously naruto has started to become nuisance now, does every sentence has to have him speaking?

sudosu 2007-01-19 13:01

bags:
TwoHeadDogs(kiba) can attack only on a smell. yes?
how can he attack a sword?