AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68996)

Pellissier 2008-07-20 13:00

Soul Eater - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Chase 2008-07-20 17:31

Its finally here!! Seemed like a short week for some reason, hopefully the fight lives up to the hype i got from the preview:)

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-07-21 02:43

I hope the fight is good. I was really pumped up at the end of episode 15.

Zoe 2008-07-21 04:29

%@#($&%(@$#^&^

Naigs!

NAIGS!

NAIGS!

*ahem* Anyway...

I don't understand why they always have Shinigami-sama outside of the mirror.

Spoiler for Episode 17:

Edit:

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6...0852zi4.th.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6...7e41gd9.th.jpg

<3

Fenrir_valindri 2008-07-21 10:31

Awesome, Naigs is here; can't wait for the episode :D

NobodyMan 2008-07-21 11:07

This episode is gonna be great! Can't wait! :D

Also, yay Naigs! :p

v1cious 2008-07-21 16:49

uhh... what's up with the next episode preview? i don't recognize it at all. is this new?

kari-no-sugata 2008-07-21 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1cious (Post 1745924)
uhh... what's up with the next episode preview? i don't recognize it at all. is this new?

Looks that way...

Kinda spoils the tension doing it here, if you ask me.

FlareKnight 2008-07-21 18:45

Was a pretty big episode that's for sure.
Spoiler:
Yeah that preview really kills the tension.

Zoe 2008-07-21 18:54

It's the only break they'll have for a long time.

Deathkillz 2008-07-21 19:43

Oh my gosh the preview...filler alert! :uhoh:

Damn, why now >_<

*sigh*

As for this episode...
Spoiler:

Torak 2008-07-21 21:29

So these people being mentioned have only been revealed in the manga right?

Funkatron 2008-07-21 21:42

Next weeks ep is going to rule

This week's ep ruled just as hard. Nice fight between Kid and Chrona. That Scream Alpha is one heck of an attack. Too bad Kid's OCD kicked in. Poor guy.

Zoe 2008-07-21 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torak (Post 1746509)
So these people being mentioned have only been revealed in the manga right?

No, Naigs was named and had a few lines in this episode (which is a change from the manga).

BTW, I'm 90% certain that her name is actually supposed to be Kniges (cause, you know, 'knives'), but I'll hold off on using that romanization until we get confirmation cause it doesn't look right phonetically in English :\

Edit: seiyuu is Noda Junko.

KousaCross 2008-07-21 23:38

And Kid's OCD cracks me up once again. I can't help but facepalm everytime he does something like that. The fight was pretty sweet too, plus this episode has put Chrona much farther up on my list of favorites for some reason. o.o

As for the preview for the next episode.... oh crap.... <.<;;

lmd_84 2008-07-22 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 1746617)
No, Naigs was named and had a few lines in this episode (which is a change from the manga).

Interesting. I can't actually remember where in the manga we first see her, though. I wonder if the anime will come up with an explanation for all those bandages. Just because well, even amongst Death City's population it looks a little odd that we never see her without them or a suggestion that it's down to some healing injury.

White Manju Bun 2008-07-22 08:04

omg I havent watched 16 yet but its has one of my fav Stein moments in it!! (just based on screens I saw)

as for the preview...omg wtf...:heh:

musume_no_hoshi 2008-07-22 08:29

Soul Eater is too hard to understand without subs T_T I'll just stick to my shoujo anime in raw...

BONES animation looks as pretty as always, Kid and Chrona's fight..is just amazing

Next episode is filler? Lets see would BONES make good fillers X_X''

Fenrir_valindri 2008-07-22 09:38

Naigs does show in the manga without her bandages though. :uhoh:

lmd_84 2008-07-22 09:54

Ah, didn't remember that.

Silaqui 2008-07-22 15:14

Great fight showed by Kid against Chrona, although Liz and Patty weren't very effective against him/her.

The scene between Stein and Medusa was very intense and in some kind the highlight in this episode for me.

Naigs... hmmm... is she already a death scythe? Or is Spirit the only one?

The next episode seems to be filler. I don't mind filler, but why about Excalibur? I want to see Maka/Soul and BlackStar/Tsubaki back in action.

Tendou88 2008-07-22 15:18

I couldnt hold it and went to read the manga, when i found out that the next episode is filler :P
I enjoyed every page

KousaCross 2008-07-22 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tendou88 (Post 1748357)
I couldnt hold it and went to read the manga, when i found out that the next episode is filler :P
I enjoyed every page

Lol I did the exact same thing. XD Screw sitting through fillers about Excalibur, I want more storyline. O.o

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-07-22 21:29

Wait.... wedding? Holy CRAP! Does this mean what I think it does? Kidd is scheduled to marry Medusa? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

SamKajam 2008-07-22 22:37

Spectacular_Insanity, I hope you know what you watched was not real...
pretty hilarious at some points though.

Autumnaki 2008-07-22 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1749135)
Wait.... wedding? Holy CRAP! Does this mean what I think it does? Kidd is scheduled to marry Medusa? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

Haha I'm not 100% sure about that. [snip] The episode itself is, but the wording used and the terminology that they have in the episode isn't accurate. I'm not fluent, but I have a friend who is and they said a ton of things were wrong with the sub,

But it seemed as though this episode strayed from the actual manga a little anyway, so I may be wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midevilshadow (Post 1749280)
Spectacular_Insanity, I hope you know what you watched was not real...
pretty hilarious at some points though.

(OR NOT! YAY SOMEONE CONFIRMED THAT FOR ME~!)

I wondered when things were going to start getting a little different seeing as the anime is only going to be about 51 eps, and the manga is still going at 51 chapters.

ROFL. EXCALIBUR WTF. No seriously, I think its all a big joke. Maybe the previews are only different in the "late night" version or whatever, but I swear a filler about Excalibur just blows me away. LOL.

NobodyMan 2008-07-23 00:15

Heh, time for a good old fashioned fangasm. :heh: *deep breath*

ftsdfghrjjghrgrdfgh, 10/10. T'was epic.

The animation for Kid vs Chrona was awesome, some of the best I've seen yet in Soul Eater (IMO of course)! Kid was so badass! :D

Also, SCREECH ALPHA! Man, that was so awesome.

The scene between Stein and Medusa was great, could really feel the tension ramping up.

Oh boy, let's hope that Sid and Naigs are ok. :uhoh:

Also, I guess I saw the[snip], because the dialouge was full of lulz. I could tell the sub wasn't very accurate, what with the whole wedding buisness and all. But it still had some funny moments, like FABULOUS!

The sub did not detract from the quality of the ep (for me anyway...), I loved every second of it. :love:

*Fangasm over*

I'm gonna love the next episode. Excalibur FTW! :D

Autumnaki 2008-07-23 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyMan (Post 1749448)

Also, I guess I saw the [snip], because the dialouge was full of lulz. I could tell the sub wasn't very accurate, what with the whole wedding buisness and all. But it still had some funny moments, like FABULOUS!

The sub did not detract from the quality of the ep, I loved every second of it. :love:

*Fangasm over*

I totally agree. I actually really liked the smaller lettering that they used for it. BUT OMG THAT FABULOUS PART WAS EPIC AND HILARIOUS ALL IN THE SAME INSTANCE. XD

NobodyMan 2008-07-23 01:01

I liked the small lettering too. I also, like how they did the attack names like Screech Alpha and Annoying Attack, a la One Piece. If it could have only been more accurate, than it could've been perfect. Alas, it wasn't. :D

Some of my favorite lines

Kid: Hey man, what the f*** is up with that kid?
Liz: I think he's on drugs! O__O
Kid: YOU JUST DON'T SEE HOW FABULOUS IT IS!
Liz: What? You need rehab...

Maka: Melia-sensei (Medusa) is a f***ing idiot.

Sid: (to stein) You should really go off-screen now.

Kid: There's alot of things I don't know. And I thought I might have made her (Medusa O__O)pregnant. How do you explain that?

The Real Nemo 2008-07-23 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyMan (Post 1749515)
Kid: There's alot of things I don't know. And I thought I might have made her (Medusa O__O)pregnant. How do you explain that?

Shinigami-sama: It's a secret of the gods.

:heh:

jimbo98765 2008-07-23 06:26

without touching her 'you know where', kid can get her pregnant? truly a secret of the gods.

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-07-23 09:37

I don't know about you guys, but the way Kidd holds his guns still bug me. Pinkies in general are niether as strong nor have the reflexes of index fingers. Oh well, not like it matters.

Kidd did really irritate me by getting distracted in battle. Doing it for gags at other times in the show is fine and quite hilarious, but letting it interfere with duty and what needs to get done is unacceptable.

[snip]

lmd_84 2008-07-23 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1750281)
I don't know about you guys, but the way Kidd holds his guns still bug me. Pinkies in general are niether as strong nor have the reflexes of index fingers. Oh well, not like it matters.

Kidd did really irritate me by getting distracted in battle. Doing it for gags at other times in the show is fine and quite hilarious, but letting it interfere with duty and what needs to get done is unacceptable.

It is, but coming from Kid it's only another example of this happening; his obsession ruined the opening assignment in episode three, and the only reason he snapped out of his daze long enough to blow the Pharaoh to bits is because he noticed it was asymmetrical. Not because of duty, or even that the creature was slowly killing him.

ETA - I agree with you over the pinkie thing, in that it does seem rather implausible if not impossible IRL. Personally, I rationalise it by considering this is a non-human fictional character; the normal rules of anatomy and practicality don't apply, particularly in a show based on so many bizarre notions and abilities. Like with Kid himself being the highly questionable offspring of Death, I rather think it's one of the things the author put in because he thought it looked 'cool'. But that doesn't especially bother me, as I'm enjoying SE far too much!

White Manju Bun 2008-07-23 11:48

Guys.....Soul Eater = MFI you cant talk about subs here!
Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story and not about the fansubs.

So let's get back to the storyline, k?

ahem... I FRICKING LOVED THIS EPI!! 1)Miyano Mamoru you are awesome as Kid (I think Ive said that one, two, seven, eight, twenty times already)
2) Loved the Stein/Medusa scene! That I couldnt wait for in this epi and Stein saying how he was glad he felt fear again *_*

NobodyMan 2008-07-23 17:18

In terms of action and storyline, this episode was great! It's probably my favorite episode so far.

The action scenes between Kid and Chrona were beautifully animated. They did Kid's Stance of Sin justice. (IMO) :D

And things are starting to pick up storywise too. Looks like Stein and Medusa have seen through each other, it's only a matter of time before they confront one another.

Poor Sid, looks like he's in trouble. I'm glad we got to see a bit of Naigs. I like her. :p

T'was a great episode.

Chase 2008-07-23 23:45

As expected, awesome episode but not really in the way i thought. Kid started the fight off kicking ass of course:D. And OMG at Chrona's screech alpa move.:twitch:. That was epic!!. It was a short fight(hence what i said about not being in the way i thought). Death the Kid's OCD kicks in.lol. I thought it would happen later, but in its place was the Stein/Medusa scene which was dope and had me a little on edge at the same time, if Stein would have said the wrong thing, he would have been done for:upset:. Medusa's evil attitude is sexy:cool:. We also got to see Naigs:)

9.5/10 but i gotta round it off of course when i vote:cool:

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-07-24 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnaki (Post 1749399)
Haha I'm not 100% sure about that. [snip] The episode itself is, but the wording used and the terminology that they have in the episode isn't accurate. I'm not fluent, but I have a friend who is and they said a ton of things were wrong with the sub,

But it seemed as though this episode strayed from the actual manga a little anyway, so I may be wrong.

Thank god. I thought I would die. :heh:

Zoe 2008-07-24 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lepetitraton (Post 1752310)
According to wiki her name is Mira Nygus and she's Sid's partner, usually taking the form of a knife. :)

You realize that Wikipedia is edited by fans, right? Her name has never been officially romanized.

And you also realize that there's a spoiler tag function and that manga spoilers have no business in this thread, right?

Sinestra 2008-07-24 13:27

I loved this episode Kid was all types of hardcore and was really determined to win even though Liz and Patty were ineffective at stopping Chrona. Stein and Medusa OMFG that scene was so intense i think even i was sweating from the killing aura in that room. When they finally clash its going to be epic. Stein never ceases to amazes me with how much he knows and his tactics are great. Damn kid and his obsession i was hoping he would keep chasing Chrona but nooooooooooooooooo he had to chase the sun. I know there is a joke in there somewhere.

The marriage and pregnancy stuff was funny i guess i will actually watch a real sub eventually. Poor Sid i hope hes ok but damn that explosion was pretty damn big i duuno if hes getting out of this one.

White Manju Bun 2008-07-24 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 1753468)
Stein and Medusa OMFG that scene was so intense i think even i was sweating from the killing aura in that room. When they finally clash its going to be epic. Stein never ceases to amazes me with how much he knows and his tactics are great. .

That scene was one Id been dying to see animated ever since I caved and read the manga. Anime did an excellent job. I remember screaming, "I knew, he knew!!" when Stein shows up. ~fangirls~