AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Maria†holic (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69727)

NeoSam 2008-08-07 08:17

Maria†holic

The seinen manga MARIA†HOLIC by Endou Minari will be getting animated.

まりあ†ほりっく
MARIA†HOLIC

Official anime site:
http://www.mariaholic.com/

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive.
Currently there are 4 volumes released of this manga.
Covers:

Mangaka: Endou Minari

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

Chaos2Frozen 2008-08-07 08:21

I've seen this manga around, but never bought it... Anybody knows what it's about?

Westlo 2008-08-07 08:23

Neosam said this about it in the new anime thread when it was just a rumor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neosam
A love comedy manga between two females, Yay, though one of them is a boy thats disguising himself as a female (LOL). Not only that, he's also sadistic >.<

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2150

Anyway looking forward to this... guess this means Shina Dark is pushed back even more... sigh.

NeoSam 2008-08-07 08:24

I didn't read the manga too, but I know that its a love comedy manga between two females, when one of them is not really a female (a boy disguising himself as a female).

Edit:
ooh Westlo quoted me before I posted LOL

Chaos2Frozen 2008-08-07 10:08

Well now, that's VERY interesting... :meh:

Maybe I should buy the manga just to see... I'm pretty sure despite that one little fact, it's probably not the same as Otome wa boku ni koishiteru :heh:

Shiroth 2008-08-07 10:24

A sadistic crossdresser? I'm so there. I'm quite curious about the art, 'cause it looks like has progressed quite a bit since Hatenko Yuugi. wouldn't mind seeing more of this, so it's time to see what i can find.

Edit: Ah, so it's going to be directed by Shinbo and of course a SHAFT Production. I'm looking even more forward to this, though i must check out the manga first.

Midonin 2008-08-07 10:29

The premise is interesting enough, so I'm in for this one.

Kuroi Cosmo 2008-08-07 10:43

Afaik it's more like a comedy than a romantic comedy, since there is not a romantic interest between the main girl and the crossdressing boy.
The most recurring gag is the main girl (who's lesbian) having nosebleeds caused by her female classmates (it's a girls' school) and sometimes also by the guy only because he looks like a beautiful girl.
On the other side, the boy is a sadic, so he likes to torment her.

Meirin 2008-08-07 11:18

Ooh.. I just discovered Chinese scanlations of the manga earlier today. Good timing. :D

Production by SHAFT makes this series exciting and who can say no to sadistic traps?

darkchibi07 2008-08-07 11:24

I wonder how many yuri tropes and references Shinbo is going to pack in this series.

Utau 2008-08-07 11:52

Ah, another promising title to look forward to (i wonder when i'll stop saying that :heh:). I remember my cousin mentioning that he bought vol.1 some time ago but never had the chance to ask about it until they left D: i'll prolly just check some scanlations while waiting for this and Kannagi and SHINA DARK.

looking forward to their respective seiyuus.

P.S. I dunno who the guy in disguise is but the one wearing the maid-fuku is win :D

Shiroth 2008-08-07 13:44

I just read the first three chapters of the manga, and i really enjoyed it. As expected, it's pretty funny, though i do wonder if romance would play a part in the story at some point. At the beginning it just used in the humor, though i've seen in the past how that can change pretty quickly.

Kanako is adorable. That's all you really need to say about her at the beginning. I don't think i've ever come across such an adorable lesbian. If they choose the drama CD cast, then i can already imagine the voice Hirano will use for her. Nothing against Hirano, though i'd rather see someone else play her.

Now onto the main event, oh god Mariya. I didn't think she was going to be that evil, though in a way (because i like sadistic), it comes across as being rather cute. It's not the same kind of sadistic jokes over and over, so it's nothing that gets old.

Going to be very interesting to see how Shinbo will handle this show.

Cat Megex 2008-08-07 17:52

*goes to check out the manga*

EDIT: *eye twitches* ...can't find any translations for it. Guess I'll just have to wait for the anime to come out next year, then.

Shana 2008-08-07 18:07

Now this is interesting :D I must read the manga (or just see it xD) NOW! yuri + trap + girls' school + SHAFT = Epic combo!

Now I can't wait until they reveal the seiyuus or the release date >_<

Verist 2008-08-07 22:31

I read about this on another site, seems promising

herbert 2008-08-07 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Cosmo (Post 1785384)
Afaik it's more like a comedy than a romantic comedy, since there is not a romantic interest between the main girl and the crossdressing boy.
The most recurring gag is the main girl (who's lesbian) having nosebleeds caused by her female classmates (it's a girls' school) and sometimes also by the guy only because he looks like a beautiful girl.
On the other side, the boy is a sadic, so he likes to torment her.

It can be. I remember once or twice Kanako reacts as if she really cares about that trap and she wonders why. But the biggest obstacle for that relation, as you know, is not sadism or lesbianism but
Spoiler:

Somehow, I want Kanako gets the
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anzu (Post 1785510)
P.S. I dunno who the guy in disguise is but the one wearing the maid-fuku is win :D

Spoiler:

Kuroi Cosmo 2008-08-08 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert (Post 1787010)
Somehow, I want Kanako gets the
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Utau 2008-08-08 03:14

Quote:

Spoiler:

Ah- I manage to somehow avoid picking the trap unlike in Otoboku :heh: Thanks.

Anyhow, seems this Kanako is the main heroine? Gwah... the trap fooled me in the after all :twitch:

got to read, got to read :heh:

Shiroth 2008-08-08 07:55

Quote:

It seems after all complants at end of vol.2, Kanako still yet to get on a cover. Poor girl

At this rate, i just think she'll appear on the last volume. Strange that she didn't at least appear on the second, so that's why i say that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Cosmo (Post 1787317)
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Speculation:

Chaos2Frozen 2008-08-08 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1787695)
Spoiler for Speculation:

Actually, I feel the opposite. I don't mind that sort of happy ending as long as the journey that got there is a wonderful tale.

Still, it really all depends on what kind of story the creator is going for :heh: