AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36151)

fallenangelash 2008-01-08 03:55

so geneons not coming back.. ever? is that what it comes down to?

Berserker 2008-01-14 00:14

I enjoyed this show for what it is. I own the first season on DVD. I had to watch the second season online. For me, one of the reasons I liked was the fact the main male lead actually had some balls. You'd think he'd just let Revy walk all over him at first. Episode one hinted that if pushed enough he will stand his ground. Then we see a bad ass Rock born in episode 7. I had a smile on my face because I was glad that the main character finally stands up for himself, even against a woman.

If you notice in the last two episodes, he starts showing some backbone against Balalaika. He was obviously scared when she pulled the gun against him, but I was glad to see as the scene dragged out, he still was defiant even though he was afraid to be shot. Then in episode 24, when Balalaika gets close to him, he stares at her with even more defiance. She no longer seems to be able to make him absolutely terrified like at the beginning. I don't know about the rest of you, but I bet Balalaika likes it when Rock stands up to her. I want to see more scenes between her and Rock. I want to see him go bad ass on Balalaika, as I prefer the bad ass Rock. :)

Anyone else glad that we have a male lead who can stand up for himself when he needs to? It is like a breath of fresh air.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerII (Post 928603)
If Revy and Rovk did get together, who would be on top? I gotta say Revy. She seems like she wants the control.

Hehe, I don't think so. She may want control, but like in episode 7, she will most likely push him far enough to make bad ass Rock wake up then all of a sudden she will be on the bottom.

Tempest35 2008-01-14 02:00

If anything, she'll have fun pushing him to that limit and 'riding' the wave that he unleashes. XD

As for Balalaika...she's just freaky like that. Not a lot of guys can stand up to her as Rock can - and it helps that she likes Rock to begin with. ^^

Claymore_Obsessed 2008-01-14 09:56

Rock stood up to Balalaika, but if he's still alive it's because she likes him... otherwise his bravery would have him wasted ^^;

I really enjoyed the Revy-Eda team-up. They really have both bullets and words flying..

kujoe 2008-01-15 23:52

Well, even if Balalaika doesn't like him that much, she still finds him useful. Rock is more of the dependable mediator type of guy, dealing with jobs that the usual hired gun wouldn't be able to do.

Icehawk 2008-01-19 06:45

Holy crap! Second Barrage is airing here in Canada! This is VERY encouraging news i'd say, hopefully this will help towards a DVD release.

golthin 2008-01-19 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk (Post 1350509)
Holy crap! Second Barrage is airing here in Canada! This is VERY encouraging news i'd say, hopefully this will help towards a DVD release.

well, not surprising! It was announced that the people doing the Dub had completed it.

Icehawk 2008-01-19 07:02

Still, that doesnt mean they ever had to use it, or allow anyone to use it. This is the first real piece of good news for the show since Geneons collapse. I never would've thought it would get aired so quickly seemingly out of the blue and here in Canada first of all places.

fallenangelash 2008-01-19 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk (Post 1350519)
Still, that doesnt mean they ever had to use it, or allow anyone to use it. This is the first real piece of good news for the show since Geneons collapse. I never would've thought it would get aired so quickly seemingly out of the blue and here in Canada first of all places.

they showed all of the third season of cardcaptor sakura only in Canada, too. that was long long ago though.

Berserker 2008-01-20 20:27

Canada just kicks ass like that. :p

fallenangelash 2008-01-21 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berserker (Post 1353078)
Canada just kicks ass like that. :p

wouldnt know. aussie myself:D

TigerII 2008-01-21 03:20

Lol, how has this broken down to who would be where and what country kicks ass?

On a side note, a few groups have started scanlating the manga. Which means we can finally see the story advance!

fallenangelash 2008-01-21 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerII (Post 1353531)
Lol, how has this broken down to who would be where and what country kicks ass?

On a side note, a few groups have started scanlating the manga. Which means we can finally see the story advance!

the manga is coming out in august by VIZ.

TigerII 2008-01-21 11:54

Even better, since the scanlators on this one take their time. How often will the volumes be released?

Prince of Chronics 2008-01-27 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk (Post 1350509)

I sure hope that it does pave the way for a distributor to pick up the rights for the DVD releases of Second Barrage.. it's a great dub and I hope that we get some news in the coming months (or hopefully even sooner).

The moment the Second Barrage is "re-licensed" for R1 dvd distribution, I will cry tears of joy. :heh:

SeijiSensei 2008-01-27 07:10

The AS license database only lists "Black Lagoon," but is there any reason to believe Geneon doesn't also hold the R1 rights to Second Barrage? Why wouldn't they?

Forbin 2008-01-27 14:12

Because the series is called Black Lagoon , not 2nd Barrage.
And when you play any episode of 2nd Barrage it says 'Produced by Geneon USA' which is a guarantee license.

Prince of Chronics 2008-01-27 19:38

Geneon USA ceased distributing anime in North America as of last October... the distribution rights for the second barrage of Black Lagoon are in limbo atm along with the other titles in Geneon USA's catalog.

Many of us are hoping that it'll be picked up again by another company.

chaos_1_7 2008-01-30 14:51

Are they even gonna make a 3rd season cause i heard the Manga is still continuing and once they catch up to where the anime stop they might make a third one. Is this even true. Someone Please tell me cause if there is a third season I wanna watch cause this is a sick ass anime.

:D

Xellos-_^ 2008-01-31 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics (Post 1365936)
Geneon USA ceased distributing anime in North America as of last October... the distribution rights for the second barrage of Black Lagoon are in limbo atm along with the other titles in Geneon USA's catalog.

Many of us are hoping that it'll be picked up again by another company.

Geneon while ceasing sales and production is still the legal license holder to BL. Another would have to pay geneon to get BL.