AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Kai Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50415)

xris 2007-07-05 03:01

Higurashi Kai Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi (second series), Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

herbert 2007-07-05 03:03

It is time. I almost forgot. Its just time for Rena strike back. More blood please.

Daniel E. 2007-07-05 03:17

The killer lolis are back, Yaaay! :D

Still haven't checked the promo, and I am pretty much in the dark about everything else; But boy, have I been wishing for this show to start. :)

johnishida 2007-07-05 06:02

I just checked the promo which, by the way, it would fit a Hollywood Movie Promo perfectly!

The promo also stated which chapter it will follow. Can't wait!

Ultima_Rasengan05 2007-07-05 07:05

wow I almost forgot that this week is the premiere of the second season!!
I'm still watching the first season, but I guess I'll skip on to this one...or maybe I should just catch up with the first season...hhmmm
But I'll be looking forward to watching this first episode though.:D

Garet Linegod 2007-07-05 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 (Post 1027016)
I'm still watching the first season, but I guess I'll skip on to this one...or maybe I should just catch up with the first season...hhmmm

I strongly suggest you finish the first season first, otherwise it could get a little confusing later on. :)

It's finally going to start tomorrow, looking very much forward to it. One thing I definitely hope they can improve on is the music department, as the horror music simply doesn't fit in the final two chapters (just as it didn't fit in the climax scene in the last episode of first series). ;)

Klashikari 2007-07-05 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 (Post 1027016)

i agree with garet on this matter : you should definitely finish season 1 first.
not only it will be confusing, but it will also ruin your "experience", and somes "answers" in season 2 won't always affect you. (since you probably won't have every questions in mind)

geh... gotta stalk the usual "raw haven" :heh:

Ultima_Rasengan05 2007-07-05 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1027066)
i agree with garet on this matter : you should definitely finish season 1 first.
not only it will be confusing, but it will also ruin your "experience", and somes "answers" in season 2 won't always affect you. (since you probably won't have every questions in mind)

geh... gotta stalk the usual "raw haven" :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garet Linegod (Post 1027061)
I strongly suggest you finish the first season first, otherwise it could get a little confusing later on. :)

It's finally going to start tomorrow, looking very much forward to it. One thing I definitely hope they can improve on is the music department, as the horror music simply doesn't fit in the final two chapters (just as it didn't fit in the climax scene in the last episode of first series). ;)

OK, thanks for the advice then guys...I guess I won't be checking out episode 1 of season 2 of Higurashi anytime soon then...thanks though for the advice.:)

Sinestra 2007-07-05 07:51

Bring on the blood please i dont have a creepy violent death pshychological thriller series im watching at the moment and Higurashi could fill that void quite well.

kingsky123 2007-07-05 08:40

huh? its out already?i thought monday..

Garet Linegod 2007-07-05 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 1027080)
Bring on the blood please i dont have a creepy violent death pshychological thriller series im watching at the moment and Higurashi could fill that void quite well.

Many (non-japanese) people seems to have the wrong idea that Higurashi no Naku koro ni is all about blood and pyscho murder horror. It's true that they're some of the elements which made Higurashi stand out, but they are not really the main focus of the series.

So for those who are watching this simply for the body-torning and blood-gashing scenes, you might be a little disappointed in the second series. :heh:

(Though I wouldn't know about the first arc, since it's an anime-original chapter. Who knows, you might be able to see Rena dicing and slicing bodies again. :D)

KaneDragon 2007-07-05 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant (Post 1009122)
Just returned from today's Frontier Works event featuring a screening of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1.

Spoiler for "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai and Episode 1:

Looks like blood has to wait for another day. :p

MrZombie 2007-07-05 10:55

I can not wait.

kingsky123 2007-07-05 11:52

i dont think anyone who posts here can wait =P

Sinestra 2007-07-05 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 1027484)
i dont think anyone who posts here can wait =P

If anyone says patience is a virture im going to go Rena on them:D

Miko Miko 2007-07-05 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra;
If anyone says patience is a virture im going to go Rena on them:D

patience is a virtue (ill go Shion on you, Rena)
^^ Not really.
I Can't Wait Either!! :D it airs Tomorrow! :D :D :D :D

harukamae 2007-07-05 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garet Linegod (Post 1027228)
Many (non-japanese) people seems to have the wrong idea that Higurashi no Naku koro ni is all about blood and pyscho murder horror. It's true that they're some of the elements which made Higurashi stand out, but they are not really the main focus of the series.

So for those who are watching this simply for the body-torning and blood-gashing scenes, you might be a little disappointed in the second series. :heh:

(Though I wouldn't know about the first arc, since it's an anime-original chapter. Who knows, you might be able to see Rena dicing and slicing bodies again. :D)

I agree with you on that (for me, it's all about the mystery), but I'm interested to hear what you believe is the main focus or appeal of Higurashi? (Just curious!)

Xel 2007-07-05 12:46

Sweet.

I've been very careful to avoid any spoilers, haven't even watched the trailer. I can't believe it's finally here!

In the first episode, I'm really looking foward to the improved animation quality and seeing the new opening and ending.

Garet Linegod 2007-07-05 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by harukamae (Post 1027531)
I agree with you on that (for me, it's all about the mystery), but I'm interested to hear what you believe is the main focus or appeal of Higurashi? (Just curious!)

Like you said, I believe the main focus of it is all about mysteries as well, but it stands out by posing questions which are different from other conventional mystery ones (e.g. who's the murderer, how he/she did it etc) for you to solve. Won't go into them too much since they're all spoilers, but I found them very unique. Finding answers to these questions are probably what most viewers find themselves do while watching the series.

Ice Climbers 2007-07-05 13:26

YES IT'S FINALLY OUT, I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE OP (liked it in the trailer) :heh:

Expecting another great season ;)