AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari (Hundred Stories) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=439)

SidSavage 2003-11-07 10:14

Who Else Here Watches Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari?

This is a highlight for me currently in the anime season. It's a great stylish horror series which has some unique aspects that I don't see in other animes.

I like how they use deep shadows and some of the character designs are way out there. The animaters also implement some wierd perspectives that heighten the creepy aspects of certain suspense scenes.

From what I have seen so far, the first story I saw coming but the second episode knocked for a loop.

So who else had a chance to view it?

koki_2706 2003-11-07 10:16

I like the theme song and its overall creepy atmosphere..
Very stylistic but the story seems a little lacking...

TaMz 2003-11-07 10:28

Very good series...
On top of my watching list side by side with FMA...

Yamano667 2003-11-07 15:32

not me ..weird series

Gaara11 2003-11-07 18:13

I like it. This anime just suits my taste, kinda like a detective/horror type. I hope they would fansub this faster.

karasu 2003-11-07 21:46

I'm really enjoying this series too. The art and styling is so different than the norm. The problem is that there are only two subbed episodes out right now so its hard to get a real feel for the series like we've already gathered from many of the other ones already started up.

In anycase, I'm jumping on the next one as soon as it comes out, no problem

Kotetsu 2003-11-08 02:47

I absolutely love this anime, but it doesn't seem to be very high on fansub groups priority lists, which sucks.

There's another group (or groups) doing it, but I don't know where their BT links are or what language it's subbed in. The files start with the tag [a9&ktkj] and they've released up through episode 5.

lamort_noir 2003-11-08 05:06

Ya im particularily enjoying this anime and i have seen on www.downloadanime.org has up to episode 5 RAW so no subtitles but thats it :(

The whole theme of it is so good a guy who gave up his life to pursue something of meaning to him thats what i take from it and he runs into things like many writers do and obviously he writes the stories of them Its uniqe and something I would definetely tell others to watch!

monir 2003-11-15 23:19

I do, I do...Sad that not many people seem to watch Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari, then again not many people did watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien at the begining..This series is amazing to say the least, and not only if one liked mystery animations..The stories follow the same style as Agatha Christie's books, where she used to set up all the potential characters and villains, and then someone dies mysteriously and out comes our weird but noble heroes (poirot, miss marple)...with many practical tricks such as psychology, ventriquilism and other trickeries to get the villains...Best part is no left-over for the next episode..each episodes end with proper conclusion..

One just need to watch one episode to get hooked to this series..Especially the mystery anime fans out there..Nine Thumbs Up...

Xiandu 2003-11-15 23:39

how is this anime compared to say true lunar Shingetsutan Tsukihime?

monir 2003-11-15 23:47

I think I will let someone else who watches the series, answer your question..I have already explained a little about the anime's highlights...

Xiandu 2003-11-15 23:51

Just saying that i like Shingetsutan Tsukihime and want to know if i like it would i like this series too?

monir 2003-11-16 00:07

Oh...So you havent watched an episode yet?...Definitely recommend it..I mean if you liked Tsukihame, you will like this series for sure...

Xiandu 2003-11-16 00:09

Also real quick, which of the fansubs is better iyo a-keep or a-kraze? Not sure which one to dl since i like both groups.

Xiandu 2003-11-16 00:11

Sorry for another reply but is Hundred Stories the same anime as this?

monir 2003-11-16 00:14

Yeah that's the other name...Hundred Stories...I have only dl'ed Ani-Kraze..They have speedy release and excellent sub..so no complain here..

Kid 2003-11-16 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiandu
how is this anime compared to say true lunar Shingetsutan Tsukihime?

I prefer Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari.

Tsukihime (I have seen 5 episodes) is very slow. Bloody, but slow. Kousetsu (I have seen 2 and I'm d/ling the newest one right now) seems episodic in nature. Which means a single story is told in a single ep. The pace is "faster" in that sense. I prefer Kousetsu's character designs as well because I find them more imaginative and unusual than Tsukihime. (Tsukihime's leading male character looks like an uncanny Keitaro clone from Love Hina. :heh: ) Moreover, I prefer the voice acting in Kousetsu. The regular cast of characters are played by veteran seiyuu who are doing a great job bringing each chara to life.

Xiandu 2003-11-16 00:23

Ok great! Started downloading them right now. Hope it rocks. But i have seen Mornir in here before and seems to be a smart guy. So i will trust what he says.

Xiandu 2003-11-16 00:24

Err sorry i spelt your name wrong, Monir opps

Green² 2003-11-16 03:13

I've enjoyed watching this series. It's quite dark and yet it can become bloody at times, though not New Fist of the North Star bloody but about as bloody as the earlier episodes of Shingetsutan Tsukihime.