AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 555 (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85521)

marvelB 2009-08-24 13:38

One Piece - Chapter 555 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Well, there's a couple of pics out along with a summary. Some people believe it's fake, but I can confirm myself that the images of Doflamingo are not from previous chapters, so I'm leaning towards them being real. Anyways, the summary:

-Chapter title is "Returning the favor". Oars III has a flashback that involves Ace helping out during his search for Blackbeard. Unfortunately, before the giant can reach Ace, Doflamingo messes him up real good with his power while laughing maniacally. The giant then collapses.....

-The chapter ends with Whitebeard walking towards the scene (guess he intends to rescue Ace himself now).....

And the pics that came with the summary:

Well goddamn. If this spoiler is true, then Doflamingo just proved that he truly is a monster by literally ripping apart a giant as big as Oars (and to think of all the trouble the Straw-Hats went through fighting Oz at Thriller Bark....). We still haven't gotten the name of Doflamingo's power yet, but it looks like we're about to find out more about it quite soon......

james0246 2009-08-24 13:51

^IDK, Losing extremities is more Bleach's thing as of late :).

Seriously though, this would be pretty awesome if it turns out to be real. Here's hoping...

This would also be the last set-up chapter (as I had predicted) before Whitebeard really starts fighting...

Prestige 2009-08-24 14:11

Omg... f*ck off Doflamingo...

We kinda predicted that Doflamingo would control Oars Jr, but god damn Doflamingo controls him and forces him to cut his own limb while laughing sadistically...

Damn Doflamingo, I hope someone beats sh*t out of him... we knew that he would do something like this but it doesnt make it any better :mad:

Aah well very early spoilers, didnt expect them to come now... I would guess that Ace is getting really pissed, if someone manages to untie him then all hell will be set loose...

*edit

In pics Oars Jr, ALMOST reaches Ace, his hand is like couple meters away from Ace... this is bit tragic... damn I am so mad at Doflamingo...

noktown 2009-08-24 14:18

Did he cut off his leg in the 1st Pic ?

Anyways i hope it's not fake.

And another thing about this big fight,was anyone else disappointed about Mihawk ?
I mean his attack was so not impressive,just a giant slash towards whitebeared,i expected much more of him than something as not original as that ;o

Prestige 2009-08-24 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by noktown (Post 2601769)
Did he cut off his leg in the 1st Pic ?

Anyways i hope it's not fake.

And another thing about this big fight,was anyone else disappointed about Mihawk ?
I mean his attack was so not impressive,just a giant slash towards whitebeared,i expected much more of him than something as not original as that ;o

Well what could happened if Jozu would not stopped that slash? It could even cutted Moby dick half and continued to wreck pirate ships behind, it could wounded Whitebeard also.

It just felt not that great just because Jozu stopped it.

sanzo 2009-08-24 14:23

this was from chp 553's thread. since the 553 thread is gone im putting this here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk (Post 2588163)

Where did in the manga did it say that Moria ever fought equally with Kaidou? I do remember it saying that he had ass handed to him on a silver platter with a fork in the left cheek by Kaidou. Otherwise, if he did fight equally with Kaidou and Luffy beat Moria, then you basically saying that Kaidou, a Yonkou, isn't nothing to write home about.

In my opinion, The Shichibukai was formed to balance out the power of the Yonkou collectively, not individually. If it was another Yonkou coming to Ace's rescue, I highly doubt the Marines would go such extreme measures. With the exception of Whitebeard, I believe the Marines can overpower a single Yonkou.

It was stated right here. chapter 483 page 06. don't know if this belongs in this thread so early on but i gotta stick up for my man moria.

andy 2009-08-24 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzo (Post 2601780)
this was from chp 553's thread. since the 553 thread is gone im putting this here.

It was stated right here. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/483/06/. don't know if this belongs in this thread so early on but i gotta stick up for my man moria.

While it might be true or not no name chars don't really matter in fact sometimes name chars don't really matter when they say something.

Any way onto the chapter not certain if real or not still waiting for more info.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk 2009-08-24 15:35

Lol. Doflamingo isn't a joke, I think he got the Puppet Puppet Fruit, don't know if anybody called it. But it seems quite obvious that that's what it is, don't know if they'll call it that though.

It would be funny if The Revolutionary Iva and Doflamingo have a ultimate Okama showdown, :heh:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzo (Post 2601780)

It was stated right here. . don't know if this belongs in this thread so early on but i gotta stick up for my man moria.

Well it was spoken in past tense so it doesn't mean anything. That would imply that Luffy defeated a Yonkou-Level pirate, and that's obviously not the case.

The release is pretty early (I'm not complaining:))
It seems like One Piece always get released first, I wonder if One Piece's popularity in Japan has anything to do with that.

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-08-24 15:38

donflamingo seems to be quite the sadist, if these spoiler are true then i wonder how oz jr will recover if at all - and if WB is making his move to rescue ace, the force to counter him should be revealed soon, getting tense now...

i get the feeling donflamingo uses some sort of haki imbued string, just putting this out there :).

james0246 2009-08-24 16:00

Please people, images/links from that website are strictly forbidden on this website. So, unless you wish to be banned by a mod, please remove said link.

Sazelyt 2009-08-24 16:27

I wonder if Boa's powers would work on a corrupted mind like Doflamingo's. I would also like to see him go down as cruelly as possible. Hopefully Whitebeard takes care of him easily, showing him his place.

AceD 2009-08-24 17:09

bout time we saw Doflamingo do something!, wonder who will take him down though...if anyone. Wouldn't mind seeing Hancock take him out, she needs her revenge - or perhaps Jimbei.

marvelB 2009-08-24 17:38

^I still have a feeling that Doflamingo will be a future enemy for Luffy, especially if his "New Age" directly conflicts with Luffy's ideals, as shown with Bellamy....

Honestly, I really think any of the Shichibukai will be truly "defeated" in this storyline (no, not even Moria). It's already implied that some of them have big plans that they intend to set in motion after the war's over, so frankly it wouldn't do them any good to get completely busted up now. Plus, seeing as we already have 3 guys who lost/are on the verge of losing their positions anyway, it wouldn't be very surprising to see a few more Shichibukai giving the government a big middle finger before the war is over, IMO......

Master Mold 2009-08-24 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestige (Post 2601761)
Omg... f*ck off Doflamingo...

We kinda predicted that Doflamingo would control Oars Jr, but god damn Doflamingo controls him and forces him to cut his own limb while laughing sadistically...

Damn Doflamingo, I hope someone beats sh*t out of him... we knew that he would do something like this but it doesnt make it any better :mad:

Aah well very early spoilers, didnt expect them to come now... I would guess that Ace is getting really pissed, if someone manages to untie him then all hell will be set loose...

*edit

In pics Oars Jr, ALMOST reaches Ace, his hand is like couple meters away from Ace... this is bit tragic... damn I am so mad at Doflamingo...

That's what makes my man, Don epic, keep him that way Oda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk (Post 2601927)
Lol. Doflamingo isn't a joke, I think he got the Puppet Puppet Fruit, don't know if anybody called it. But it seems quite obvious that that's what it is, don't know if they'll call it that though.

It would be funny if The Revolutionary Iva and Doflamingo have a ultimate Okama showdown, :heh:.

Pimp =/= Tranny.

Pimp >>>>>>> Tranny

Sazelyt 2009-08-24 17:43

If the announcement regarding Ace's origins would have been made a few days before the execution, we could have expected a few friends of Roger to appear, including Rayleigh. But, as of now, unless they know the truth, it would be hard for them to reach the scene. But, I would like to see a few guys like Rayleigh to also appear there.

Master Mold 2009-08-24 17:53

Did i forget to LOL at the lot who claimed Don to be a Bellamy 2.0? I think I did, LOL! Strength is everything! suckers

Theirs yo Corpse Moria, you can run on home now.

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-08-24 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2602193)
^I still have a feeling that Doflamingo will be a future enemy for Luffy, especially if his "New Age" directly conflicts with Luffy's ideals, as shown with Bellamy....

i agree, seems only fit to allocate an arc to taking some one like the don down who seems to be exceptionally cruel, ruthless and powerful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Mold (Post 2602195)
That's what makes my man, Don epic, keep him that way Oda.

i agree, he seems to be quite the interesting bad guy so far.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk 2009-08-24 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fipskuul (Post 2602200)
If the announcement regarding Ace's origins would have been made a few days before the execution, we could have expected a few friends of Roger to appear, including Rayleigh. But, as of now, unless they know the truth, it would be hard for them to reach the scene. But, I would like to see a few guys like Rayleigh to also appear there.

"Dark King" Rayleigh was on Sabaody Archipelago which is right next to Marines HQ, so he's not far.

shankss 2009-08-24 18:18

About time this guy makes his move.Speaking of it, do you realize that we are running out of mysteries? All in a sudden we discovered Whitebeard,Marco,Jozu,Akainu,Donflamingo's devil fruits powers and names.At this rate Sengoku will be the next and then we will end up with Dragon only to reveal his power.

Quote:

-The chapter ends with Whitebeard walking towards the scene (guess he intends to rescue Ace himself now).....
And here we go, the big bad guy moving towards his final objective to end it all.Sounds like Sengoku will intercept him.Im expecting great things from Sengoku in a few episodes.Lets just throw another bone to Red Dog to fetch and the real monsters of this arc may clash.

Master Mold 2009-08-24 18:20

I see no problem with that?