AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Basquash! (Shoji Kawamori & Thomas Romain's New Project) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75067)

Westlo 2009-03-27 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiGoku (Post 2285009)
Bumping this up, since it's getting near an airdate.

I'm honestly surprised. There seems to be zero interest in this show.

It's mecha b-ball.. it's uh.. out their..

Edit -

Latest CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTBcD...e=channel_page

Not really feeling it... feels like it's trying to hard to be cool/edgy.

gundam rider 2009-03-27 23:41

well, atleast kawamori didn't make a basketball themed Macross series(!?:twitch:),

*cough* GERWALK slamdunk *cough**........:heh:

hey, its much better he's trying out new wierd concepts stuffs outhere!:heh:

ChibiGoku 2009-03-28 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam rider (Post 2302803)
well, atleast kawamori didn't make a basketball themed Macross series(!?:twitch:),

*cough* GERWALK slamdunk *cough**........:heh:

Truthfully, I think I'd be more disturbed by the fact they'd be singing while playing basketball while flying in space with a mecha. :heh:

Also, thanks to those who showed the song information. Though, it's pretty weird (as I mention as Kaoru did as well) why the ending song is being referred to as the Theme Song in that video.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-03-28 03:37

The mecha design! OMFG THE MECHA DESIGN! :twitch:

gundam rider 2009-03-28 04:58

hey, atleast mechs aren't over-pimped valkyries fighters wearing flashy nikes,

doing the slamdunk, itano-circus style in the courts.......:heh:

seriously, normal-looking cars with arms & legs= car GERWALK mode:heh:

Katapan 2009-03-28 10:23

An interesting note: Thomas Romain mentioned that Yamada Yu's song "free" was in fact supposed to be the opening theme at first (I remember early sources reporting this too), but ended up being used as the ending because Shin Itagaki felt it wasn't fitting as an OP. I had no clue directors had any kind of say on the theme songs. It sounds like the song could work perfectly, though... maybe Eclipse's will work even better.

And damn, these backgrounds do look stunning. I'd rather not expect much because I still have some reservations (I also don't like the "overly cool" vibe it's trying to give off at times), but after watching the preview, I really think we could be in for a fun ride.

Zu Ra 2009-03-28 10:28

My opinions on sports/based themed shows are same as the OP . I will give it a try as it shares the same creator of Macross.F. Also here is hoping the show is devoid of any singing :heh:

Malkuth 2009-03-29 19:23

Mecha playing basketball under the annoying sound of hip-hop :uhoh: maybe people some should just trash their aspirations at originality :p Seriously, I'll have a hard time picking between this and Saki as the most stupid ideas in recent anime history :heh:

And how exactly having some french mate involved makes this exciting to french? Shouldn't they feel embarrassed?

Keiichi_chan 2009-03-30 02:46

In the end, I guess anime fans are just as close-minded as everyone else.
It's something "different" for once, with some VERY talented people heading up the series and gorgeous animation. I just hope it gets subbed quick enough to see the first few episodes and find out if it lives up to my anticipation. It looks really, really interesting so far. And definitely way above the Beyblades of the world. Just hope the characters deliver.

They already look unique, which fits with this weird concept.

EDIT:when does this start airing??

FTR, this series reminds me A LOT of BuzzerBeater.

gundam rider 2009-03-30 04:27

sheeesh..., if the show really wants lots & lots of attention, then they should chage the show's title to "Macross: Basketball Force":heh:

if they're really dead desparate...:heh:

hey atleast its kawamori outhere....

stormy001_M1A2 2009-03-30 06:30

Why not singing? If real basketball have cheerleaders, just add a singer and it will be complete!

Kaoru Chujo 2009-04-02 15:54

The first ep aired a few hours ago. The backgrounds are wonderful. Not maybe my kind of show, but it has something going for it. One thing this ep has is an insert song by the sublime Hayami Saori, singing "Moon Passport" about a third of the way through (image of the moon singing). Hard to hear in the background, though. No OP in ep1, but Yamada Yu's ED is pretty good. Eclipse (Hayami-Tomatsu-Nakajima) will release the OP in May and then will have a second single in June (a second OP?).

Kaioshin Sama 2009-04-02 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 2306939)
Mecha playing basketball under the annoying sound of hip-hop :uhoh: maybe people some should just trash their aspirations at originality :p Seriously, I'll have a hard time picking between this and Saki as the most stupid ideas in recent anime history :heh:

And how exactly having some french mate involved makes this exciting to french? Shouldn't they feel embarrassed?

Man you don't get like.....anything do you? :rolleyes:

I'll explain.....the idea here is that this is supposed to be....ohhhh what's the word......FUN! Anyone remember fun? :confused:

ZODDGUTS 2009-04-02 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2315534)

I'll explain.....the idea here is that this is supposed to be....ohhhh what's the word......FUN! Anyone remember fun? :confused:

Nowadays people think moe=fun, oh how the times have changed.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this looks crazy fun to watch.

Kaoru Chujo 2009-04-02 22:17

I was also impressed by the work of Endou Aya as the little blue mascot character, Spanky. Endou-san really has some range: Miyuki in Lucky Star, Sheryl in Macross F, Lena Sayers in My Otome Sifr, Angelique, Matsu in Sekirei, Murasaki in Genji, and a little blue mascot animal. Not bad.

Midonin 2009-04-02 23:09

Spoiler for Episode 1 - Space Jam:

aroduc 2009-04-03 00:19

Buy nikes!

Play basketball!

Obey!

golthin 2009-04-03 02:20

Miyuki for some reason reminds me of Youko from Gurren. Also, is it me of the character designs are kind of Similar to the style that Gainax use.

Westlo 2009-04-03 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2315534)

You're acting like this isn't a horrible concept, I like mecha, I like Kawamori, I love basketball, I rock nikes, I like hiphop and to me this is a ridiculous concept. Doesn't help that it's clearly trying to replicate the Gurren Lagann/Soul Eater cool/edgy vibe and it just comes off as trying to hard.

golthin 2009-04-03 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 2316643)
Doesn't help that it's clearly trying to replicate the Gurren Lagann/Soul Eater cool/edgy vibe and it just comes off as trying to hard.

I thought It was me just imagining things. I already see the Love triangle coming up,
MiyukixDanxSela. It is obvious Miyuki will lose.