AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   DVD writer: Files are not readable in all DVD drive even if..... (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10883)

guest 2004-04-04 21:37

DVD writer: Files are not readable in all DVD drive even if.....

I bought a DVD writer (plextor 708A). The problem is that I want to make the DVD readable in ALL DVD drive. When I burned files (anime or not) onto DVD then clicked “eject,” it automatically asked me if I wanted to make the file readable in all DVD drive. I selected “yes” and it said something like the process is successful. But I took the DVD to another DVD player (DVD drive, but not DVD writer, in computer), it couldn’t play (read) the DVD at all. Has anyone encountered this problem before? The files I have are just data. I don’t create DVD like movies. What’s the point of having a DVD storing files that is only readable in DVD writer because not every computer has one? :(

lavalyn 2004-04-04 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
I bought a DVD writer (plextor 708A). The problem is that I want to make the DVD readable in ALL DVD drive. When I burned files (anime or not) onto DVD then clicked “eject,” it automatically asked me if I wanted to make the file readable in all DVD drive. I selected “yes” and it said something like the process is successful. But I took the DVD to another DVD player (DVD drive, but not DVD writer, in computer), it couldn’t play (read) the DVD at all. Has anyone encountered this problem before? The files I have are just data. I don’t create DVD like movies. What’s the point of having a DVD storing files that is only readable in DVD writer because not every computer has one? :(

DVD(+/-)R(W)? DVD burning for multi-computer use is a black art still. People get the most luck out of DVD-R but that's still only at about 75% from some reports. (And 72% of all statistics are off by over 41%)

guest 2004-04-04 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavalyn
DVD(+/-)R(W)? DVD burning for multi-computer use is a black art still. People get the most luck out of DVD-R but that's still only at about 75% from some reports. (And 72% of all statistics are off by over 41%)

It's DVD +/- R/RW dual format.
Really? Oh well, I will just have to keep trying.

Thank you.

twidlerofthumbs 2004-04-04 23:52

what program are you using to burn your disks?

guest 2004-04-05 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by twidlerofthumbs
what program are you using to burn your disks?

I use the software that came with the box—“plextor Rev 7.01.” For burning CD/DVD, I use the program “Roxio Drag to Disc,” which is included in the software CD.

For all the programs in this CD, I have choice of which program I want to download. I only download “Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6” and “Roxio Drag to Disc.” That’s enough for me, for now.