AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Onikirisama no Hakoirimusume (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94567)

Bonta Kun 2010-06-13 12:26

Onikirisama no Hakoirimusume

Summary
Quote:

A boy opens a chest at his father's temple, and inside pops out a Hanyou, a half demon, half human girl who wishes for nothing more than to avenge the death of her mother, and herself by her father. It just so happens to be that the boy looks just like his ancestor, the one who killed the girl and mother.
Genre:Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural

I had picked this long time ago but as it's scans were slow just kinda forgot about, only remembered cause new chapter is just out.

I didn't think much of the premise, just thinking it would be some typical shounen fluff but I found it not to be quite so(even tho I don't know why)
Well whether theres cliches or not one thing I know is it's a very very fun read.
The male lead is weirdly a typical shounen runt yet I don't find him irritating/annoying in anyway and actually quite like him.
Oddly he seems to recognise he attracts attention, I found that scene quite funny:heh:
As for the female lead I guess a little bundle of energetic enjoyment sums her up for me.
I've taken a particularly keen liking to the megane childhood friend, I just fine her adorably cute.
Thinking about it I guess the characters are somewhat cliche but I don't find them annoying in any way.
I like the art and story, it's all very entertaining as a whole.

Irenicus 2010-06-13 19:44

I don't think Fumifumi's a typical shounen runt. For one he actually is much more like a real, precocious kid than most shounen runts -- he's got a crush on an older girl (Yuri-nee~), he plays a lot, he gets teased and worries he's a pervert, etc. For another he's actually hilarious (Dancing Wind!).

What this manga's got that makes it so much fun though is the sheer energy of it. Everybody's having a lot of fun and you can just feel it.

Bonta Kun 2010-06-14 08:34

I think for me I see him as somewhat "typical/cliche" in a way but with a little added twist here and there that makes him stand out.
He has some of the usual stuff but then like you say he does act like any other kid that age.

The "Dancing Wind" is one of my favorite parts, I found that to be insanely amusing more so cause of the dad thrown into the mix as well:heh:

surerman 2010-08-06 09:01

found this pretty late and it's funny as hell :D
no news about this series yet?, is it being axed or what?:confused:

Love the reverse trap and her sibling silly relationship. Especially when she try to convince the kid that she's a guy while wear school girls uniform lean on him:D and he believed it hyahahahaha:D

ellifeedn 2011-11-10 07:56

I like this series. Shame that it is almost fully translated.