AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 60 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94397)

White Manju Bun 2010-06-06 07:31

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 60 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 60.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Serpit 2010-06-06 09:21

Really weird decision to end it 5 pages before the cliffhanger.

yajra03 2010-06-06 09:37

still a good adaption. 10/10!!!

xellos2099 2010-06-06 09:58

They probably did it to avoid showing people how father will look like. Still, this episodes is great, even through I know what will happen nice, it got almost as big as the impact as Pein destroy Konoha.

Haladflire65 2010-06-06 10:02

That was quite good... seeing Father reach out to God was coniderably more effective, and weirder, when it was animated. The epic scale of FMA:B has goe up even higher with the whole country involed :heh:

Oh, and Wrath vs. Scar was epic, too, of course, although it went by a whole lot faster when it was animated.

Can't wait till next episode, things are going to get even awesomer. I can't believe it's ending in 3-ish weeks O.O

Belial13 2010-06-06 12:08

First episode in witch i have no idea what the hell is going on and what to think of it...

Lumine 2010-06-06 12:33

Full Metal Evangelion.

Need to pick up my jaw.

Another awesome good use of Envy's BGM

Kanon 2010-06-06 14:36

This felt like watching the End of Evangelion. I love the anime's rendition of the opening of the gate, the music was seriously great too. And I think this is actually a better cliffhanger than for the manga chapter.

Scar vs Bradley was also awesome, but too short! Oh and, that was a pretty cool gun Father made, I didn't remember that one.

Lolipopo 2010-06-06 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumine (Post 3080977)
Full Metal Evangelion.

Need to pick up my jaw.

Another awesome good use of Envy's BGM

LOL This so hard.

That's exaclty what we shouted with my sis and bro while watching : It's the End of Eva, again !

Awesome episode. I don't even wanna thing about the end which is coming close. FMA brotherhood reminded me what 'Great anime' meant. (And eventually made me forgot about the previous FManime and it's disturbing second half/ending.) Arakawa, I love you.

Shiroth 2010-06-06 16:41

I'd be pretty shocked if i didn't hear any Evangelion remarks from people after this episode, so i'm glad you delivered. :heh:

zaxthezax 2010-06-06 18:39

I can't express the epicness of what i saw.
Maybe coz I didn't understand what exactly is going on... but indeed because of this unbelievable epicness. lol.

Any1 dares to explain what just happened?

quigonkenny 2010-06-06 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaxthezax (Post 3081332)
I can't express the epicness of what i saw.
Maybe coz I didn't understand what exactly is going on... but indeed because of this unbelievable epicness. lol.

Any1 dares to explain what just happened?

Can't without spoiling, most likely. It'll all be explained next episode, or once this one is subbed. I don't remember.

Sackett 2010-06-06 19:30

Rocks fall. Everyone dies.

Villain wins. Eats everyone's souls, and then uses that soul power to eat God.

BAD END.

Evangelion style.

Voduar 2010-06-06 22:46

Visually, I also saw a lot of Eva in this. Conceptually, it has a much different feel, at least to me. And since this might actually have a comprehensible explanation, I am little leery of whipping out the EoE flag just yet.

klare 2010-06-06 23:15

the story suddenly turned into something of a bigger scale... challenging the gods?

the nice surprise is Scar's littel secret :)

i feel no way that everyone died, at least not Winry

Vicious108 2010-06-06 23:29

I'd rather they'd used the actual chapter's cliffhanger but I suppose this one works too.

I was also hoping they would use a new song for the entirety of the "Evangelion"-ish scene, since it's such an impactful and shocking one, but no such luck. Oh well, at least the old ones they used were fitting enough and the scene still managed to be as beautifully horrific as it should have been.

The rest was good too, especially the short Scar vs Wrath bit. Though I was disappointed when they didn't do my favorite Wrath panel justice. Scar's arm revealing one wasn't as good either. Unfortunately Brotherhood rarely seems to be able to live up to Arakawa's most "epic" panels.

I fear for the next episode. Not just because 105 was my least favorite chapter in this last arc, but because of how rushed it'll probably be.

JiffyGB 2010-06-06 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sackett (Post 3081374)
Rocks fall. Everyone dies.

Villain wins. Eats everyone's souls, and then uses that soul power to eat God.

BAD END.

Evangelion style.

Hell yeah, that would be the best (most funny) way to end everything...but really I think there can be only one Evangelion in my lifetime. Anything more and my soul will break ;)

Photonbeam 2010-06-07 00:10

I loved how they animated this one. And it's gonna be exciting next episode.

Jeffry2009 2010-06-07 00:28

OMG!! The elric brothers are finally DOOMED!!

Just as I thought!!

Is this beginning of the end in the universe?

Only 3 episodes to go!

GaimeGuy 2010-06-07 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by klare (Post 3081541)
the story suddenly turned into something of a bigger scale... challenging the gods?

the nice surprise is Scar's littel secret :)

i feel no way that everyone died, at least not Winry

Well, remember the xerxes ruins Ed saw (at xerxes and in gluttony)? foreshadowing! :D

And remember how Father said he wanted to become the perfect being? :)