AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gamble Fish (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89131)

Tiberium Wolf 2009-12-05 20:13

Gamble Fish

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemanga

Summary

The story is set at Shishidou, a school attended by rich and elite people. Tom Shirasagi, a gambler, is a mysterious new transfer student who has come from a public school (instead of a prestigious private one) and faces the elitist environment. There, he declares a challenge toward any student and claims he will bring to the ruin the whole school through a series of gambling matches. Nobody knows why he has come to that school or what the real motivations behind his actions are.
During any match, Tom shows off all of his unique coolness and ability.
He employs a wide range of tricks, both psychological and physical, to ensure his victory. In any game, you will constantly ask how he's planning to win, why he's really doing certain things, and what's really going on. At the end of the matches, the tricks are revealed, and they all work in real life, even if they do require one to be highly skilled or lucky in order to perform them.
The story centers around the various matches he undertakes and the interactions between the various characters, like Mika Shishidou, the beautiful granddaughter of the school headmaster, who is highly intelligent but contemptuous and superb, or Abidani, the vampiric looking dorm superintendent and main villain (for now) in the series, who has a sadistic personality and whose goal is to make Tom leave his school (or to get him killed).
As the story unfolds, more about Tom's past is revealed, leading to unpredictable turns of events.

Don't let the art of the cover fool you. (maybe typo in onemanga description. Main char name is Tomu ).
What caught my attention in this manga is the mind games and tricks used. The way everything is used is awesome making you want for the next ch. BTW, just incase. There is a game where he actually gets 1 finger cut (in card game) by a chainsaw so don't get stress about it :p. Also not sure why is called gamble fish... fish!? :confused: I am glad to actually tried to read it. The interesting games start with the chick doing magic with the cards.

frubam 2009-12-06 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 2804059)
There is a game where he actually gets 1 finger cut (in card game) by a chainsaw so don't get stress about it :p. Also not sure why is called gamble fish... fish!? :confused: I am glad to actually tried to read it. The interesting games start with the chick doing magic with the cards.

Yeah, I've read this since the beginning, its been pretty decent for one of those Liar Game-type mangas. Tomu is indeed ingenious as to how he outwits some of his opponents, though the latest arc seems a bit more on the skill side of things, but its all good. Needs more King Piccolo though :heh:.

frubam 2010-01-16 18:46

well, Tomu can +2 to his harem, and now he's getting ready to fight piccolo. Now THAT'S going to be interesting, since Abitani has seen through every trick Tomu has brought out so far. He's going to need more than gambler trickery to pull this one off.

Tiberium Wolf 2010-01-16 19:04

I don't think what we are going to see is Abitani itself but his minions. I wonder what skills and what do they look like.

Kunagisa 2010-01-16 19:06

I need to re-read this. I remember stopping at the dice gamble part. This manga's like Akagi and Gamble.

How many girls does he have now?

LusterFlare 2010-01-16 19:37

I read like 11 and a half volumes of this but I stopped for some reason.

Tiberium Wolf 2010-01-30 18:32

Woah. ch30. Abitani what nice dungeon you have. I liked the phrase "talk kindly amongst yourselves" :) Seriously wacked ppl in that dungeon.

frubam 2010-01-31 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 2892410)
Woah. ch30. Abitani what nice dungeon you have. I liked the phrase "talk kindly amongst yourselves" :) Seriously wacked ppl in that dungeon.

Well, I'd think if you were stuck in a dungeon with no sunlight getting tortured and beaten for weeks, months, possible years, you'd be a LIIIIIIITTLE off-kilter as well :heh:.

Eisdrache 2010-01-31 10:38

The manga is quite good, but I found it very disappointing that Toumu's friends are so extremely uninteresting at all. There is the stereotypical mushroom head and the even more stereotypical cheerleader with boobs. They have like zero personality at all. At least the magician and the billiard girl had slightly more depth to them.

And I don't get why the mangaka had to put some ecchi parts in it. Sex sells sure, but it's just bah, feeling out of place.

Nightengale 2010-01-31 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisdrache (Post 2893297)
The manga is quite good, but I found it very disappointing that Toumu's friends are so extremely uninteresting at all. There is the stereotypical mushroom head and the even more stereotypical cheerleader with boobs. They have like zero personality at all. At least the magician and the billiard girl had slightly more depth to them.

And I don't get why the mangaka had to put some ecchi parts in it. Sex sells sure, but it's just bah, feeling out of place.

He does this with all his work. You should've seen his wrestler batman manga.

AdventSleeper 2010-02-01 00:32

This... dungeon idea seems a bit.. absurd to me..the manga is starting to seem more like some weird fantasy manga at times..

Tiberium Wolf 2010-02-01 07:48

I think having Abitani is absurd already. Anyway anyone notice he was peeling the apple with an army knife!? :D

Tiberium Wolf 2010-02-14 05:06

CH. Omg! Abitani ate a bug like if he was a frog.

Claies 2010-02-14 05:55

Holy crap, it's been a while since I've met a manga with such a purely devilish character as Tomu. He's like a walking Satan.

Eisdrache 2010-02-25 05:44

I really hope that Natsumi doesn't become a member of Tooru's team. Her jealous reaction was just too ridiculous in cp32 :rolleyes:
Also the new girl is way cuter :cool:

frubam 2010-03-03 00:34

GOSHDARNIT! I KNEW something was up! So it was all just a trick. That girl was too good to be true. Looks like Natsumi and Mizuhara is gonna be needed after all :uhoh:.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claies (Post 2914650)
Holy crap, it's been a while since I've met a manga with such a purely devilish character as Tomu. He's like a walking Satan.

Abidani is the walking Satan in this manga (>.>).

Xacual 2010-03-03 03:16

Sadly as soon as the girl was introduced I expected her to be a villain. I kind of blame the story because all the girls introduced have some ulterior motive when they first appear.

Eisdrache 2010-03-03 04:24

Lolita Computer LOL

I don't really know if she looks better or worse in her new costume ._.

Eisdrache 2010-03-14 18:33

... Hello more than obvious plot.

The latest chapter of GF jumped several levels in terms of UTTER ridiculousness.

Spectacular_Insanity 2010-03-14 19:51

This series is amazing. The part I like best is all the stuff that happens in it is actually possible IRL. Sure, luck and ridiculous skill are involved like anything like this, but the mind games are just so mind-blowing.

I'm not a gambler, but this series makes me feel like one!

=D