AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kanon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kanon - 2006 - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36902)

NightWish 2006-10-06 14:31

Kanon - 2006 - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Shiroth 2006-10-06 14:33

I'll just take what i said from the previous thread. :3

What a great first episode - i'm actually glad now i didn't rewatch the original series back in the summer.

Anyway, first of - the game BGM's fit the series so perfect. I know there's only a total of around 20ish tracks, so it'll be to see how they spread them out through the long series. Of course - animation is just damn right perfect.. though i already knew that thanks to the all mighty Prelude DVD.

For me, the best thing about this series is the fact that it shall indeed run through Christmas (has fingers crossed that it'll snow here to help out the Kanon feeling).

& yes, Ayu's glomp was so much better in this series~

panzerfan 2006-10-06 14:36

You know, a decade ago, Vancouver would've seen first snow about now. No thanks to global warming is that dying bit by bit...
Anyway, leaving that aside, Shiroth, the snow must be quite fresh for Akiko and Kyuichi to be able to plow through it like that (it's like that for me over the driveway in winter).

Cyz 2006-10-06 14:36

It's a good thing they change the OP music from the original. IMO the new one is a whole lot better and just like Shiroth said, it gives you the Kanon feeling...oh! and let's not forget the winter feeling too :)

--> Hm hm hm...Ayu and her infamous taiyaki napping and tackle Yuuichi skills :heh:

Shiroth 2006-10-06 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan
the snow must be quite fresh for Akiko and Kyuichi to be able to plow through it like that (it's like that for me over the driveway in winter).

Just think, Akiko probably has had to do that so much in the past.. easily the reason behind how fast she is at it. :3

MindOnAir 2006-10-06 14:44

I think they released it at a perfect time, since it runs right through Winter. I haven't watched the first ep yet but I can't wait.

Has anyone seen the SS & Eclipse release yet? Can someone fill me in on the subbing and quality?

panzerfan 2006-10-06 14:46

I find the quality to be really nice actually. I am lucky since I've played the game and watched Toei Kanon so I basically went straight for the raw. The quality of their source is nice and I can't find anything wrong with their sub actually.

martino 2006-10-06 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindOnAir
I think they released it at a perfect time, since it runs right through Winter. I haven't watched the first ep yet but I can't wait.

Has anyone seen the SS & Eclipse release yet? Can someone fill me in on the subbing and quality?

I have their mkv/h264 release, where the video quality is superb. Subbing is very good as well. They have ASS and SRT subtitles, so you can choose SRT and customize your own font in case you don't like their choice of font in ASS.

EDIT: typo

npal 2006-10-06 15:12

Well, Nayuki's role in this episode was nice. I enjoyed it :D On the other hand, I didn't like the OP or ED (although I didn't like the OP and ED of Suzumiya either, although Suzumiya yet a nice ED sequence, this one is too much Ayu for my liking). Oh well, at least the episode was nice, even had Nayuki fanservice :D

Haven't played Kanon but the music is indeed music of a visual novel :p

eobert 2006-10-06 15:12

I counted 13 uguu~ from Ayu, 1 from Kyuichi, and 2 from Ayu in his dream.

Mephisto2k 2006-10-06 15:14

Episode1 sure seemed promessing. The animation and presentation is much much better than that of the old kanon anime. Many new hints that were left out are now present. It just seem so much better as a whole. I really cant complain.
Nice show.

Deathkillz 2006-10-06 15:15

yes at last ive seen it!!! :D
first impression...wow...
the whole ep just oozes with cuteness everywhere ^_^
as i dnt know wht the story is about i definatly enjoyed the first ep...the pace is nice and op/ed bgm is really good with the theme ^_^ the drawing style reminds me soo much of AIR :heh:
does this means that ~uguu replaces ~gao? either way they are both cute...
btw whos the VA for yuuichi...hes sounds familiar but i cnt put my finger on it :heh:

Rich 2006-10-06 15:16

well so far Kanon 2006 is is better than what i've expected. loving the artwork and animation. XP\

OP : 「Last regrets」 by 彩菜 (Ayana)

ED: 「風の辿り着く場所」 (Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho) by彩菜 (Ayana)

kj1980 2006-10-06 15:23

Overall, a great masterpiece yet again from KyoAni.

Using the beatiful original music brings the whole Kanon feel exactly as I had felt when I played the game back then. Egads, how the time flies.

I still have to get used to Sugita Tomokazu's voice as no matter how hard I try, all I could think is that it is Kyon.

Hey, wait a minute...maybe Kyon's real name is Aizawa Yuiichi?! www

Shiroth 2006-10-06 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Hey, wait a minute...maybe Kyon's real name is Aizawa Yuiichi?! www

Just maybe.. Kyon, Rin & Yuuichi are all one person, but somehow he ended up in different stories/dimensions. It works when you think about it.. they all look the same.

MindOnAir 2006-10-06 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by martino
I have their mkv/h264 release, where the cideo quality is superb. Subbing is very good as well. They have ASS and SRT subtitles, so you can choose SRT and customize your own font in case you don't like their choise of font in ASS.

Thanks, I think I'll watch their release now, but I am also looking forward to a.f.k.'s release, since they did an excellent job on the Prelude and Suzumiya Haruhi.

panzerfan 2006-10-06 15:33

I noticed something a little similar there...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../kanon/jog.gif http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...picodash-1.gif

i0td 2006-10-06 15:45

I really like how the Ayu running into Yuuichi scene was redone. The 'camera' animation following her all the way into the collision.

Music and rest of the art and animation done flawlessly.

martino 2006-10-06 15:57

One thing I noticed was that all characters from the anime were featured in the first episode...

Was it the same in the original Kanon?

panzerfan 2006-10-06 16:01

Nope. In the Toei version that doesn't happen nor does it happen in the game.