AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Accel World - Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98675)

Kunagisa 2010-10-29 17:34

Accel World - Light Novel Discussion

Accel World
アクセル・ワールド
http://i.imgur.com/xunYY.jpg
-
あくちぇる・わーるど (4koma)
http://i.imgur.com/wkna9.jpg
Accel World: Dural Magisa Garden
アクセル・ワールド/デュラル マギサ・ガーデン
http://i.imgur.com/JSfux.jpg

For Light Novel covers up to volume 8, refer to the anime thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manga Updates
No matter what age it is, the "Bullied Child" will never disappear. The overweight, Middle School student, Haruyuki, was one such kid. The only time he could relax completely, was when he would play a squash game on the local network the school had set up. He loved playing this simple game as he can forget painful times while immersed in it.

It was fall. He was passing his time like this until one day, he had an encounter with the school's most beautiful, refined girl, "Snow Black", which changed his life abruptly. Introduced to the software she transmitted, Haruyuki learned about "Accel World." A program that enhances one's mind capabilities, with certain side-effects.

It was the moment the guy on the lowest rung at school became "Burst Linker," protecting the Princess as her knight.

Based on a light novel series by Kawahara Reki.

Kawahara Reki should not be a strange name for those who reads Sword Art Online.

This are three on-going mangas for Accel World (short for Accelerated World) and should be not confused with each other. To those who enjoy virtual reality battles and does not mind a chubby hero should really check this one out. Haruyuki starts off as a weak character that really grows on you. The setting is very well thought out and spawn from the question that many people must have thought once in their life: what if I can move faster than the world around me? Do not let the tags fool you. The confine of the setting is not just limited to school. There is much more to this Virtual world than just a miracle stopwatch to finish your homework on time. By accepting Hime's offer, Haruyuki is putting more than just his pride at stake.

Note1: Although intended to be a manga thread in the beginning, the interest has shifted to be more light novel oriented. Post 27 and after contains LN spoilers.
Note2: The heroine of the 3rd manga is the younger sister of a former(?) Nega Nebulas member (who is close enough to know that Kuroyukihime's identity as Black Lotus); the artist is same as Shana's manga.
Note3: http://www22.atwiki.jp/brainburst/ Accel World game guide (spoilers obviously).
Note4: Post #91 for volume v1-v5 summaries.

Nightengale 2010-10-29 20:59

Just a rough estimate, how long did it take for Haruyuki to grow on you?

Because my friend and I picked vol.1 of this up for a short glance, and half-way through ( around the first time he entered the Accelerated World ), he is so goddamn annoying.

blitz1/2 2010-10-29 21:39

Starting to read this. I'll tell you of my opinion after more chapters.

Kunagisa 2010-10-29 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3322388)

Because my friend and I picked vol.1 of this up for a short glance, and half-way through ( around the first time he entered the Accelerated World ), he is so goddamn annoying.

I read through volume one relatively quickly. The declaration in the last part was pretty badass, and ... he's no more annoying than your average low self-esteem guy I thought.

Falkor 2010-10-29 22:52

I remember the title from some somewhere, so I have been hoping someone would translate it into English. I'm glad that there's now a manga adaptation, so I can I least get to read something from this series. haven't read the first chapter yet, but should be interesting methinks.

I think it's funny that we see a discussion thread for Accel World, and not one for Sword Art Online. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3322184)
Note: This is a topic for the manga discussion; however, if you wish to discuss the light novel, you are more than welcome with appropriate spoiler tags (whether your question will get answered is a totally different matter). If this ever gains enough momentum and popularity where frequent novel spoilers become an issue, I (or anyone else) can make another topic for specific novel discussions. Until then, free feel to discuss the manga without spoiler tags for chapters that are available in English.

I recently brought this issue of having combined threads to the forum staff. I think it's better if you make things clear from the beginning and have this discussion thread revolve only around the manga adaptation (so no novel spoilers). of course, a different thread would be created for those who want to discuss the novel, with the only difference that we are not going to wait until spoilers become an issue.

Kunagisa 2010-10-30 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 3322566)
I recently brought this issue of having combined threads to the forum staff. I think it's better if you make things clear from the beginning and have this discussion thread revolve only around the manga adaptation (so no novel spoilers). of course, a different thread would be created for those who want to discuss the novel, with the only difference that we are not going to wait until spoilers become an issue.

Alrighty~ Manga only discussion then.

I was going to make a Sword Art topic, but the manga art was ... very shoujolike. Not that I hate it, it's just ... kinda weird.

anaqwe12 2010-11-07 18:41

like is volume one already on sell?

Kleeyook 2010-11-08 01:15

I read the manga version. There's only 1 chapter out there just now. The main lead is really pitiful. :(
I can't find anyone translating LN version. :(
I still haven't read Sword Arts Online either. I just don't like the stereotype virtual world fighting. The protagonist in Accel World is a refreshing change to me. :P

Mow Yun 2010-11-08 01:37

I have novels 1-5, but my reading skill is poor so I read very slowly, I read about 1 page every 15 minutes, but it seems somewhat intruiging from the first 30 or so pages that I've read so far.

I should check out the manga(s), does anyone know if they follow the plot well?

Kunagisa 2010-11-08 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by anaqwe12 (Post 3336085)
like is volume one already on sell?

Not yet. This began serializing at the September, and is bimonthly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mow Yun (Post 3336594)
I should check out the manga(s), does anyone know if they follow the plot well?

So far it's pretty faithful adaptation.

Kaos! 2010-11-25 11:42

The illustrations for the manga looks a lot more lighter as compared to the illustrations in the novel. Not sure how that will work out in the later chapters. Also, it's good to see the user interfaces being drawn out considering it's hard to really visualised when being described in the novel.

Master Assassin 2011-04-27 00:27

Reading the manga, chapter 05.

Hot damn... that was... surprising to say the least.

Spoiler for now I didn't see this coming:

larethian 2011-04-27 04:13

is it possible for the thread title to be changed with "(Manga)" in it?

JMvS 2011-04-27 14:07

Damn indeed.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Claies 2011-04-27 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3322388)

Old reply, I know, but I'm confused about how people find him hard to endure even at first sight.

So Harayuki took me just the intro chapter to like. Harayuki is a breath of fresh air, because unlike other down-in-the-dumps main characters who need a manufactured reason to be emo pushed to us in order for us to believe it, his very appearance suggests that he's far from living the time of his life.

In short, he's an instantly believable character and the author doesn't need to waste any part of the intro chapter to persuade us. Instead, every page is used to push new characters and the Accel World to us.

And up to where chapter 5 is, I'm pretty hooked.

~Yami~ 2011-05-19 08:12

ah! I just read this manga

my first impression : a pig?? what the!! how can the main character turned to be a very lame character!!!!
how can a pig like him can be matched with super moe beautiful vice president Black Snow??!!

but after an advanced reading....
this is awesome manga!! they actually show the development between each character.... I never know this strange couple can be so lovely and I can't wait to read the next chapter... Haruyuki is really smart and finally showed some guts to face the reality.... nice one!

Is this Light Novel adaptations?? I wonder if I can read the translated one....

Xacual 2011-05-19 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 3618549)
ah! I just read this manga

my first impression : a pig?? what the!! how can the main character turned to be a very lame character!!!!
how can a pig like him can be matched with super moe beautiful vice president Black Snow??!!

but after an advanced reading....
this is awesome manga!! they actually show the development between each character.... I never know this strange couple can be so lovely and I can't wait to read the next chapter... Haruyuki is really smart and finally showed some guts to face the reality.... nice one!

Is this Light Novel adaptations?? I wonder if I can read the translated one....

Accel World novel isn't translated but the other series by the author Sword Art Online is being translated over on Baka-tsuki.

Also after reading chapter 6, Taku strikes me as seriously broken in the head.

~Yami~ 2011-07-26 18:23

after reading newest chapter, now I understand why Haruyuki's avatar is so plain

It's because that avatar still evolving.... hmm.... interesting

~Yami~ 2012-02-15 07:01

Spoiler for ch 9:

Miraluka 2012-02-15 10:48

I think many are willing to see this: