AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Sukitte Ii na yo (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=77795)

frubam 2009-02-05 18:08

Sukitte Ii na yo

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...inayocover.jpg

Author/Artist: Hazuki Kanae
Genre: romance, school, shoujo

Synopsis:
Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without making either a boyfriend or friends. One day, she injures the most popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, because of a misunderstanding but for some reason it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they’re friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, he does it with a kiss…?!!

Normally, I wouldn't like to make a topic of a manga series with only 3 chapters out, but I've come to really like this manga for relatively one primary reason; I'm absolutely in LOVE with the artwork. The detail the artist put into the hair and eyes is some of the best I've ever seen(though that might not be saying much to manga vets :p). Also I just have a thing for those outcast girl stories, as somehow, they seem more... endearing than the typical shoujo story. Though Mei has a straight-forward personality, I just like the way she tells it like it is, with the intention of simply being honest, even if it seems kinda mean. Story-wise, there's really nothing here that's particularly new, but I just love the execution of it all.

Noamara 2009-02-05 18:42

LOL I just read it h3h3^^.

Thanks for making this thread :D.

I totally love this Manga. You are right, the execution is great. I have not seen such execution of a romance, school life, shoujo story at all yet!!!!

Most of the times the maingirls are cry babies and stupid and soooo naive. Mei is awesome!

And it happend a lot in only 3 chapters. The story is progressing very well, far better than most Mangas of these genres.

I really do not like it when the two lead characters are in love with each other but have problems admitting and becoming a couple...That happens most of the time.

But this is great. I mean, what can happen yet? It looks quite unpredictable to me. Kurosawa is a nice and caring guy, a wonderful male lead so far. And Mei, being such a long time alone without friends became quite mature because of that is yearning for love.

So how could their relationship fail? Arai breaking them apart? Impossible when Kurosawa stays a nice and caring guy. That is what makes this Manga particularly new (at least to me). Instead of having a story which needs dozens of chapters to get to the point where they are now, it happened in 3 chapters!!!!

To me it looks as if they can alreay live a normal and peaceful high school life of a normal couple. So what bad things can break them apart?

PS: I really hate it when in shoujo mangas some character, mostly the male leads asks: "Was that your first kiss?" I hate it sooo much, I despise it. It wants to give off the feeling that it is something bad not having kissed BEFORE MARRIAGE, although it is totally the oppoiste thing!!! In sooo many Mangas this question comes up with the same intention: giving the reader the feeling that it is something shameful not having the first kiss before marriage! GROSS, DISGUSTING!
And the fact, that Kurosawa already kissed so many girls....ewwww..even Asami ;(.
Their relationship would have been soooo much more special when they had a special bond: sharing their first kiss together and everything else what MARRIED people do! :>.

frubam 2009-02-05 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noamara (Post 2200669)
I really do not like it when the two lead characters are in love with each other but have problems admitting and becoming a couple...That happens most of the time.

I do as well... at least when a couple is apparently obvious. Still, if I go by the title, which was translated "Say 'I love you' ", then the whole point of the manga should be to get those words outta Mei. I gotta feeling it ain't gonna be easy(at least I'm hoping it isn't) or it won't be half the fun.

Quote:

But this is great. I mean, what can happen yet? It looks quite unpredictable to me. Kurosawa is a nice and caring guy, a wonderful male lead so far. And Mei, being such a long time alone without friends became quite mature because of that is yearning for love.

So how could their relationship fail? Arai breaking them apart? Impossible when Kurosawa stays a nice and caring guy. That is what makes this Manga particularly new (at least to me). Instead of having a story which needs dozens of chapters to get to the point where they are now, it happened in 3 chapters!!!!

To me it looks as if they can already live a normal and peaceful high school life of a normal couple. So what bad things can break them apart?
I'm sure Arai will be an obstacle somewhere along the line, but after reading a 2nd time round, I've come to think that she'd have to be really gunning for him to get his attention. I mean, there's nothing particularly special about Arai, and Kurosawa's initial reasoning of wanting to be around Mei was because she was interesting and different to him(and I see why :)). If anything, I'd expect Arai to play the "send bullies against Tachibana" type of plan, or some other subtle tactic to get Mei away from him.

Hell, I don't even think Kurosawa cares about Arai anymore. While everyone says he won't kiss her because she was his first love, I've come to think that he doesn't really like her personality. Well, I'm prob wrong about that one, but that was just my gut feeling.

Quote:

PS: I really hate it when in shoujo mangas some character, mostly the male leads asks: "Was that your first kiss?" I hate it sooo much, I despise it. It wants to give off the feeling that it is something bad not having kissed BEFORE MARRIAGE, although it is totally the oppoiste thing!!! In sooo many Mangas this question comes up with the same intention: giving the reader the feeling that it is something shameful not having the first kiss before marriage! GROSS, DISGUSTING!

And the fact, that Kurosawa already kissed so many girls....ewwww..even Asami ;(.

Their relationship would have been soooo much more special when they had a special bond: sharing their first kiss together and everything else what MARRIED people do! :>.
Hmm... I don't know, I do think sharing the first kiss together would seem more magical, but then it prob would have been more cliche to be all flustered and such, wasting 4 or 5 pgs blushing and being embarrassed. Plus, I think it's more realistic for a popular guy to have kissed a girl or two. As long as the male expresses that kissing her is different(in a positive way, like love) from kissing other girls, I prefer that.

frubam 2009-05-06 12:42

What!? This not getting enough love?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...1_ch01_026.jpg http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...1_ch02_062.jpg http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...1_ch03_111.jpg

Look at this gorgeous artwork! Doesn't that motivate you to read it or is it just me? I have been noticing the lack of background environments, but I don't really care about that at all.

Anyways, great chapter
Spoiler for chp 4:

Irenicus 2009-05-06 18:51

Yamato's such an awesome guy.

And Mei's got spunk (I like her style, too). It feels like she seems to be getting a lot more expressive lately. Worried bloodshot eyes, blushes, and all. I wonder when will we (and Yamato) get to see an amazing smile from her face?

frubam:
Spoiler for ch 4:

denice25 2009-05-06 21:33

nice share... thanks..

blue skies 2009-05-07 18:41

I checked this out because frubam up there said the artwork was delicious, and it is. I'm really pleasantly surprised at how much I like this so far. Mei and Asami are both so adorable.

Spoiler for ch 4:

Does anyone else think the characters have the cutest noses ever drawn?

frubam 2010-08-03 16:57

Wow, has it really been over a year!?

Spoiler for chap 12:

Kirito 2012-05-22 05:35

Sukitte Ii Nayo is getting an anime adaptation.

It's all explained in the Upcoming Series thread of the same name.

Bern-san 2012-11-02 19:14

New chapter is out.

Spoiler for 24:

eceso 2014-03-29 08:44

any idea as to when volume 12 chapters are scheduled to be released?