AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Full Moon wo Sagashite (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7051)

Jump 2004-03-18 00:39

Full Moon wo Sagashite

I know there's an thread already (I used the search forum) but they were talking about the ending and I'm only on episode 13 of Full Moon wo Sagashite.

I had some questions. Is the girl's stage name Full Moon in english, or is it translated english? If it's translated, what is her name in japanese?

And one more thing. I am deaf. I know it's a weird choice in anime for a deaf person like me, but I guess this kind of thing is fascinating for me, and I can "imagine" what the song sounds like in spoken words even if it's not an accurate representation.

I was wondering if this song was really good? I.e. a popular song, or was it just something made for anime and people are "supposed" to believe it's a good song? I'm not sure if I'm clear when I say that. I will try to clarify if people don't understand.

Also, I really like the way the fansubbers did the font, different colors representing different characters. It really helps me because in some anime, it's hard to tell who is talking due to being unable to see who's lip is moving for one reason or other. (For example, sometimes someone is talking with their back facing the "camera" so I'm not sure if he's talking or the other person who's also off screen is. Thanks a.f.k. for doing such an awesome job.

Zarxrax 2004-03-18 01:21

Her name in japanese is "Full Moon" also. It's a real pity that you can't hear the songs. They are absolutely some of the most beautiful songs that I have ever heard. The singing voice of Full Moon is quite deep, but it is still so beautiful that the songs help bring tears to my eyes at times during the series.
Good luck with the series. You are probably at the worst spot in the series right now, the early episodes. But the story really starts to pick up later, and you definately won't regret having waited for the good parts ^_^

dkellis 2004-03-18 04:22

Hm, the songs... I'd say that as standalones, they're quite listenable. Better than most of the "pop" music that I overhear on the radio these days, anyway.

But coupled with the scenes in the anime, it becomes extremely touching. I still can't help tearing up when I hear two of the songs in particular, thanks to

Spoiler:

Full Moon wo Sagashite is definitely one of my favourites. If I have a complaint, it would be that every song Full Moon sings ends up as the ED themes, and she has (*counts*) four songs in her repertoire. Concerts tend to get a bit repetitive after a while.

teh_suck 2004-03-18 12:34

Smile wasn't used as an ED song, only as an insert.

Yamano667 2004-03-18 19:54

great story ..romantic and very inspirational ..It was a great project
and it brings great moments subbing it :D

Aurora 2004-03-26 14:29

I enjoyed Full Moon's songs, but thought the constant repitition was obnoxious. By the end of the series I was tired of hearing them over and over.

Kayoubi 2004-05-21 18:12

Fullmoon wo Sagashite Eichi-kun???

i just finished watching the the anime today so i'm not sure if someone has asked this like last year or something already..

Spoiler:

Karala 2004-05-21 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayoubi
i just finished watching the the anime today so i'm not sure if someone has asked this like last year or something already..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

bluemist 2004-05-21 20:28

Spoiler:

Kayoubi 2004-05-22 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemist
Spoiler:

:sad: it really would make more sense the way you interpret that part...

Spoiler:

i'm so mad i spoiled my own mood during those amazing episodes...

kool_dudy 2004-05-26 17:08

I screwd myself over by looking at future episodes and found out that
Spoiler:

I just finished ep.42...I knew what was going to happen already anyways...

Still...very very depressing anime....not my fav.

But songs are great but depressing songs...

Also, on one of the OST, there was a message from Full Moon, anyone know what it says?

kool_dudy 2004-05-29 21:19

No one can answer my question???

Quote "Also, on one of the OST, there was a message from Full Moon, anyone know what it says?"

Archaic 2004-05-30 01:58

None of us can be bothered to search through all the OST's, that's why. If you can tell me which one it is exactly, I might be bothered enough to search and attempt a translation.

katana_o_kokoro 2004-05-30 09:48

I loved the anime when I first saw it. I thought it would be like the old anime, fancy lala, but it was way out of that league. It was better than lala! I liked the songs and I never grew tired of them. I liked the story - romantic and inspirational.

suires 2004-05-30 14:56

At first I wasn't even interested in this series at all. The first impression to me it's a very childish and only for kids type of anime. One day, I accidently watched the first few episodes and loved it since. The music is ok IMO. Like Yxy said, after being forced to listen to the songs for million times, I can live better without them. :heh:

I have never read the manga. Seems like it is very different. If I like anime very much, should I read it? :confused:

kool_dudy 2004-05-30 15:55

I think the message in the OST is the second one. I think it's the second last song (not really a song, more like a message)

From what I heard from my friend, the manga is a lot darker than the anime and more depressing...-_-

Ori 2004-05-30 18:42

I only watched 1-5 and then 32-end I think... my friend said the middle was junk so he did not download it for me is the middle worth watching?

kool_dudy 2004-05-30 19:17

The whole series is worth watching but it gets depressing at 42

Archaic 2004-05-30 19:30

The middle is mainly filler that isn't in the manga. It's a fairly lighthearted romp. If for nothing else besides character development, you should certainly watch them if you like the anime.

Yes, like I said earlier, the manga is fairly dark. I'll give you some examples.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ori 2004-05-30 20:02

Can someone tell me if that blond shingami ends up as heart broken as in the anime? Is there a happy ending for him?