AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 545 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82280)

xris 2009-06-02 12:23

One Piece - Chapter 545 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

marvelB 2009-06-02 12:25

Thanks, xris. :)

Anyway, aohige translated the summary. Here's what's known so far:

-The ministory now focuses on Robin's escape from Tequila Wolf.

-Iva stays behind at level 3 so he can hold off Magellan. While the rest escape, Inazuma cuts off the stairs leading to level 2. Unfortunately, the okama king is defeated by the warden. When Magellan reaches Inazuma, he asks him if he's trying to slow him down too, then takes HIM out, as well.....

-Luffy and co. get in a tight spot, but Mr. 3 uses his candle powers to make a wall that blocks Magellan's hydra attack. He says everyone should escape while the wall holds....

Man, Magellan just gets crazier by the second! To think he would take out the two revolutionaries so quickly..... he truly is a fearsome opponent. I actually wonder if we'll see him take on Crocodile next, just to see how well he can handle a Logia of his type. Also, since Mr. 3's helping out, maybe he can create a Candle Champion armor for Luffy so he can fight Magellan? I'm really still hoping to see him use Haki against the warden, but this may be the better strategy in the end....

Well, now to wait for the pictures......

shankss 2009-06-02 12:32

So there is no news about Blackbeard.Thats probably as far as we can get.See you soon after 345 eposides later Blackbeard!

Also its gonna be hard for Iva and Inazuma to recover since Iva was the only person that can cure.

marvelB 2009-06-02 13:01

Man, Magellan's just so badass. Say what you will about his toilet habits, but when he gets down to business, he's damn thorough about it (sure, it's about 110% likely that none of his current victims will die, but he still took them out nonetheless ;)). I mean, first Blackbeard's crew, then the revolutionaries..... and now I want to see how well he fares against Crocoboy, as I said in my last post. His poison is pretty liquidy, so it should be rather effective against sand. I'm not too sure how well Jinbei can do, since he's a more effective fighter underwater than on land. Heck, I wouldn't even mind Buggy joining in on the fun at this point. If he has anymore of those bombs on him he can just unload them all on Magellan (even though that would mean he blew up the whole level in the process, but it should still prove effective against the warden, right? :p)......

kakakka 2009-06-02 13:16

So, Magellan is really kicking some serious ass. That's awesome, though I feel bad knowing Iva and Inazuma both got defeated. I wonder who could stop Magellan now. Luffy? Ah we'll see....

james0246 2009-06-02 13:20

Magellan is more than living up to our preconceived notions of what the Warden of Impel Down should be like. He is rocking the joint, taking no prisoners, and completely owning all in his path. Damn, the upcoming fight is going to be interesting. And, yes, MarvelB is undoubtedly correct, its going to be t\because of Mr. 3 that Luffy is going to be able to fend off Magellan...until the last blow, in which Luffy will use a full scale Haki attack to neutralize Magellan...or at least that is my current predicition...

Bonta Kun 2009-06-02 14:44

see now this is what I expected from the warden of ID and always hoped he would waste all in his path:)

ah man and people used to say Magellan wasn't one of the big dogs, clearly he is no doubt there.

love it when someone who is clearly in a postion where they need to be all powerful is actually all powerful and kicks arse!

can't wait to see this!

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-06-02 15:18

megallens a real monster, but its obv bb faked the pain last chapter, rly wonder how luffy will deal with this.

as for the other sh crew members, how many more chapters b4 they get reunited? not too many i hope

james0246 2009-06-02 16:32

Judging by how quickly we got through Sanji's mini-story, I am guessing that each character will only get 2-3 chapters per story (except maybe Zoro), so I would guess that we will have a grand total of 16 to 24 chapters worth of mini-story coverpages...which should just about cover Luffy escaping Impel Down (and the defeat of Magellan), as well as the start of the war.

Additionally, since MarvelB didn't mention this, it seems that Ivankov did fairly well against Magellan considering that Aohige has said that when Magellan appears before Inazuma, he was bleeding from wounds on his head and mouth.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-06-02 16:34

I'm a little disappointed that Ivankov and Inazuma were taken out pretty quickly. I especially expected Ivankov to be able to put up a challenge against Magellan, given that he was effortlessly kicking ass in the previous chapters. Now, I can't help but feel that Oda over hyped these two revolutionaries. If they're amongst the best in Dragon's army, the revolutionaries won't pose that much of a problem for the heavy hitters. Perhaps they're more suited/adept towards espionage missions rather than engaging in direct confrontations with formidable fighters. They are, after all, shrouded in mystery and very hard to find. This would partially explain why they are a huge threat to the WG.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-06-02 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2431682)
Additionally, since MarvelB didn't mention this, it seems that Ivankov did fairly well against Magellan considering that Aohige has said that when Magellan appears before Inazuma, he was bleeding from wounds on his head and mouth.

Yup, I read that as well over at AP, but even so he was still taken out very quickly. If anything, Magellan just seems more pissed off now that Ivankov and Inazuma obstructed him. In the end, Magellan seems like he is still in good condition to fight, and thus Ivankov and Inazuma posed him no serious threat. I'm just bothered a little at the fact that they are not cannon fodder whatsoever, and yet they were brushed aside in a quick and relatively easy manner.

holypanl 2009-06-02 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2431330)
Magellan is more than living up to our preconceived notions of what the Warden of Impel Down should be like. He is rocking the joint, taking no prisoners, and completely owning all in his path. Damn, the upcoming fight is going to be interesting. And, yes, MarvelB is undoubtedly correct, its going to be t\because of Mr. 3 that Luffy is going to be able to fend off Magellan...until the last blow, in which Luffy will use a full scale Haki attack to neutralize Magellan...or at least that is my current predicition...

Yup Yup. I LOVE Magellan. I really, really do. I just...WOW.

C.A. 2009-06-02 17:40

I don't why some of us thought that a poison ability would be weak in the first place. Magellan shows that poison doesn't just come in poison darts and arrows, fangs and claws. And you don't slowly lose HP over time, you can just get knocked out instantly.

holypanl 2009-06-02 17:49

Wow...there were people who thought that poison would have been weak? I'd imagined a Doku Doku no Mi around the time I had reached the CP9 arc, and I didn't think it would be lame. In fact, it was, pretty much, exactly what Oda has done here with Magellan.

Magellan is going to get everyone except Luffy and the Blackbeard crew back under control. He's just awesome like that. :)

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-06-02 17:55

I don't recall anyone believing that Magellan's poison would be weak. It is certainly most hazardous and dangerous like all of us would have imagined.

As for Magellan, I wonder how he would fare against either Crocodile or Jimbei in a fight. That would be most interesting to see, and it would also serve as a relative indication as to where he stands in the tiers of One Piece.

holypanl 2009-06-02 18:10

Even if he lost to Croc, I'd still rate him as tops. I think it's been more than amply proven that he is really the BOSS in that prison. I really do believe that he is the only single man capable of handling such a TOTALLY WIDE range of abilities with no problems.

I mean: he could even defeat Kizaru. Just release fumes into the air, and wait. In like...under a minute, the fight would be done. Kizaru still has to breathe. If he's fighting ships at sea?

Amazing. That's all he is: amazing.

marvelB 2009-06-02 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2431683)
I'm a little disappointed that Ivankov and Inazuma were taken out pretty quickly. I especially expected Ivankov to be able to put up a challenge against Magellan, given that he was effortlessly kicking ass in the previous chapters. Now, I can't help but feel that Oda over hyped these two revolutionaries. If they're amongst the best in Dragon's army, the revolutionaries won't pose that much of a problem for the heavy hitters. Perhaps they're more suited/adept towards espionage missions rather than engaging in direct confrontations with formidable fighters. They are, after all, shrouded in mystery and very hard to find. This would partially explain why they are a huge threat to the WG.

Actually, it was noted by the spoiler provider that Iva put up a pretty good fight, since Magellan was wounded when he reached Inazuma. But still, we won't know how Emporio lost until the pics arrive, so it's probably too soon to assume the worst right now. Maybe the injuries he received aren't quite as fatal as we think......

And about the ministory, this reminds me of a theory I've seen in another forum a little while back (I forgot whether it was AP or not): It's actually possible that we may see some of the supernovas at Tequila Wolf. The hint here is when the marines reported to Sengoku that Impel Down couldn't handle the paperwork for all 500 of the pirates that Kizaru arrested at Sabaody. He then says to let the labor dept. handle the paperwork. Later on, when we see Robin at Tequila Wolf, the guy she's talking to says that all the laborers working on the bridge were either criminals or rebels sent from around the world. Now, if we put two and two together..... ;)

Edit: Heh, looks like I missed james0246's post. Still, I think my point still stands about it being too soon to judge their losses until we see the details for ourselves......

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-06-02 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by holypanl (Post 2431821)
Even if he lost to Croc, I'd still rate him as tops. I think it's been more than amply proven that he is really the BOSS in that prison. I really do believe that he is the only single man capable of handling such a TOTALLY WIDE range of abilities with no problems.

At this point, I'm personally looking more forward to seeing Shiryuu's combat abilities in action. I mean, this guy is on par with Magellan, so besides being a swordsman, he must be capable of something really extraordinary to make him Magellan's equal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by holypanl (Post 2431821)
I mean: he could even defeat Kizaru. Just release fumes into the air, and wait. In like...under a minute, the fight would be done. Kizaru still has to breathe. If he's fighting ships at sea?

It really depends on where they are fighting. If they are to fight outside in the open, there would be ample room to avoid inhaling the poisonous fumes in the air. The poison can't be potent enough to the degree where it would permeate through the air with no limits on reach, otherwise that would make it quite possibly the cheapest ability in the entire series. Just imagine the poison spreading to no end. The opponent would eventually have to inhale it at some point, and it would prove to be fatal after prolonged exposure to it. Enclosed areas, like Impel Down, are probably where the poison would be most effective, since the entire room could be filled with poison and it could be very difficult to avoid it.

In any case, I can't see Magellan on par or stronger than the admirals. The admirals are known as the "ultimate assault force" of the WG. Hence, they are held in the highest regard, so that automatically makes them a part of the true elites. Aokiji could effortlessly dispose of Magellan with Ice Age or Ice Time, and Kizaru is far faster and has more destructive power than Magellan. Besides, I'm not even sure if poison would work on them since they could dematerialize into their own elements (become intangible, if you will).

Sakuranbo 2009-06-02 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2431796)
I don't recall anyone believing that Magellan's poison would be weak. It is certainly most hazardous and dangerous like all of us would have imagined.

I know I didn't BDK ;) I recall even stating in a post way back when Magellan's DF was first introduced that it would probably be enough to counter a logia user.

paradox13 2009-06-02 20:40

Quote:

If they're amongst the best in Dragon's army, the revolutionaries won't pose that much of a problem for the heavy hitters.
What?

Maybe Magellans just amongst the strongest people in the OP world, nearly on par with the admirals. It makes sense to have one of your strongest guarding your most secure prison right? Especially considering the fact that the rest of the Impel Down force isn't that strong.

Also, Ivankov shouldn't be that strong himself, considering the fact that he was only on Level 5 and not Level 6.