AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Katawa Shoujo (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81653)

Trogdor Jube 2009-05-16 06:39

Katawa Shoujo

Surprised there is no thread for this.
http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/

Stole from the wiki

Katawa Shoujo (かたわ少女 (Katawa Shoujo ,lit. "Disability Girls" or "Cripple Girls"?) is a bishoujo-style visual novel by Four Leaf Studios which tells a story of a young man and five other girls who have suffered different physical disabilities. This game uses a traditional text and sprite-based visual novel model with an ADV-style text box. Katawa Shoujo contains adult content, and is created using the Ren'Py visual novel engine. While the demo contains no such content, the full version will contain an option to skip all scenes containing sexual content. As of now, only the demo has been released. The release of the full version has yet to be announced, The demo is licensed under the Creative Commons CC-BY-NC-ND, and the same is planned for the full game.

I took anon's advice and tried the demo to which I was pleasently surprised with how much I had enjoyed act 1.
Anyway, let discussion ensue.

Ichihara Asako 2009-05-16 07:23

Was this that one that was spawned by an idea on 4chan or something? Vaguely recall something along those lines ages ago.

Jaden 2009-05-16 07:56

Pretty good quality for an amateur work, I think this is something to look forward to. It imitates the Japanese visual novel style perfectly, the catch is that it's written in English instead of translated :p

Ichihara Asako 2009-05-16 14:12

I just got through it (well, 62% complete, have some other stuff to do still obviously) and must say I'm rather impressed. Higher quality than I expected overall. Humorous dialogue, too. ^^

Dop 2009-05-18 10:45

I downloaded this out of pure curiosity, and found that it was significantly more tasteful than I'd been expecting and seemed really good (although I'm not familiar with the genre).
Although on my second and third play through I managed to get the BAD END I've just got one of the act 1 endings to find.

I'll definitely be getting hold of the finished version when it comes along.

kyosak 2009-05-19 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube (Post 2398299)
...While the demo contains no such content, the full version will contain an option to skip all scenes containing sexual content...

I wish all eroge had this option. >.<

problemedchild 2009-05-19 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyosak (Post 2403575)
I wish all eroge had this option. >.<

Well, you could always just mash the enter button....:heh:

FateAnomaly 2009-05-19 03:33

Why disabled girls? Is it suppose to be a selling point or something?

Xacual 2009-05-19 03:45

As far as I know, the idea was started by a random picture on 4chan? or something along those lines. I guess it just was different enough that a group decided to run with it. I played Act 1 and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was for a fan made VN. Now I just need to remember how exactly I got to Rin's route the first time and get 100%.

problemedchild 2009-05-19 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by FateAnomaly (Post 2403637)
Why disabled girls? Is it suppose to be a selling point or something?

It is a selling point, much like guro, vore, futa... ect.

Kagayaki 2010-12-31 22:59

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/201...oujo-2011.html

Quote:

And within months from today, after four years in development, Katawa Shoujo will be released. [...] The coming months are going to be a busy time in preparation for release, but rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011.

Hooves 2011-01-01 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by problemedchild (Post 2403598)
Well, you could always just mash the enter button....:heh:

I already broke my enter button enough pressing on it so many times while I was to lazy to click the mouse... But its good that they have the skip option for once. I wont break my new keyboard's enter button :D

swtrooper42 2011-01-01 03:39

Quote:

The coming months are going to be a busy time in preparation for release, but rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011. ]
Well I guess that's better than "when it's done". My guess for release would be April or early May.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3417297)
I already broke my enter button enough pressing on it so many times while I was to lazy to click the mouse... But its good that they have the skip option for once. I wont break my new keyboard's enter button :D

As I recall, the CTRL button has always been the default rapid skip button for every eroge. Just hold it down and your problems are solved.

I always read the sex scenes so I have no problems with them.

Hooves 2011-01-01 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by swtrooper42 (Post 3417327)
As I recall, the CTRL button has always been the default rapid skip button for every eroge. Just hold it down and your problems are solved.

I always read the sex scenes so I have no problems with them.

That is true, but there are certain moments where I might skip something that might be very good after the sex scenes that could be part of the storyline (well I don't see that happening) but then again, it does happen. So thats why I try to restrain myself from holding down the CTRL button unless I have already been through those certain parts.

Kagayaki 2011-12-15 17:17

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/201...leased-on.html

Quote:

Katawa Shoujo will release on January 4, 2012.

Of course, 2012 is not 2011, and we do apologise for that. The date of 4 January was selected in order to coincide with the fifth anniversary of the /a/ sticky that started this project, and will see the release of the full version of the game.

We thank you for your patience in waiting for the game to be completed, especially those who have contributed to the game's development. It's been a long ride, but the end is finally near.

MeoTwister5 2011-12-16 03:21

Finally yay!

LoweGear 2012-01-02 12:08

What happens If Katawa Shoujo makes it to Steam

:eyespin:

Duo Maxwell 2012-01-02 12:48

Color me surprised. I didn't even think it would appear on Steam.

chaos_alfa 2012-01-02 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3929591)

To bad this probably won't happen unless Steam changes its policy. MangaGamer also tried to get their titles on Steam, but they got rejected, even their all age titles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3929633)
Color me surprised. I didn't even think it would appear on Steam.

It is a Photoshoped image which was used in Four Leaves April fools prank.

For anyone who doesn't know already Katawa Shoujo will be released on January 4.

Mahou 2012-01-02 15:50

I'm looking forward to the full release in two days (in my timezone). I played the demo a few years ago and enjoyed it. Personally, I think the idea around the disabled girls is a relative fresh approach, but maybe not up to everyone's taste.
Lilly is my personal favorite from the demo :)