AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Danganronpa (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Danganronpa - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced Despair Students only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120640)

Klashikari 2013-07-06 13:53

Danganronpa - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced Despair Students only)

This thread is for the experienced Danganronpa viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all games / novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Dangan Ronpa anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a game / novel / manga virgin of Dangan Ronpa, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Danganronpa: Speculation and Theories (First time anime viewers only) thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the game / novels / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a game / novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the game then please use the existing thread.

Also please note this is solely destined for Dangan Ronpa the animation. As such, do -not- mention content from its sequel, Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

AC-Phoenix 2013-07-06 13:53

angan Ronpa - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Despair Students only)

After having finished watching LPs to chapter 2 end the only thing i have to say is that I hope it gets a lot harder in solving for the anime. A lot of things are a bit to obvious in my opinion. the way you can observe the crime scenes and other stuff makes it not very hard :(

Trogdor Jube 2013-07-06 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix (Post 4749394)
After having finished watching LPs to chapter 2 end the only thing i have to say is that I hope it gets a lot harder in solving for the anime. A lot of things are a bit to obvious in my opinion. the way you can observe the crime scenes and other stuff makes it not very hard :(

If you're referring to
MAJOR SPOILER CONCERNING CHAPTER 1 SO DON'T OPEN
Spoiler for Chapter 1 spoiler:

Tyabann 2013-07-06 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix (Post 4749394)

It... does get slightly harder, towards the end.

AC-Phoenix 2013-07-06 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube (Post 4749461)
If you're referring to
MAJOR SPOILER CONCERNING CHAPTER 1 SO DON'T OPEN

Not that, though i have to admit that that one was eye catching too; In my opinion anyone would be able to see that when looking at it closely.

I was more referring to something that has to do with one of the victims I'm not sure if i'm allowed to even say the victim number as it might make people think about certain facts a bit differently :/

Though if helps (and I know some people will hate me for this again):
(Note no spoiler since its not mentioned anywhere)

Knox rules seem to apply to the mysteries.

As said though before, the anime might not even follow the game with the murders since even the demo had a different first culprit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 4749464)

Well one of the culprits was my first hunch, I got lead a stray during the course of action thoughdue to

It... does get slightly harder, towards the end.

Well I have yet a lot to see, so the few cases I saw probably don't say too much, I might have been just lucky and only got lead astray for a few minutes.
Most of my assumptions were head on though, taking that hunch into account too, I came to close without too much thinking tbh.

A fact that might make it interesting though even if its easy is that you'll still get surprised by at least a bit by a certain character.
Their first guess and mine were pretty much identical and even based off the same dialog, just different parts of it oO.
So yeah I can't really classify it as hard to solve, I'd say it will be most testing for people who never read a mystery before.

AC-Phoenix 2013-07-07 18:30

You know there is this one thing the anime didn't mention that I got a feeling will be relevant later on...
I just don't know whether I should say it now since it might give people ideas to think about it before it becomes relevant...
IF it ever does become relevant at all.

Trogdor Jube 2013-07-07 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix (Post 4750964)
You know there is this one thing the anime didn't mention that I got a feeling will be relevant later on...
I just don't know whether I should say it now since it might give people ideas to think about it before it becomes relevant...
IF it ever does become relevant at all.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about in which case I was kind of surprised to. But they MIGHT make note of it in the second episode. Then again thinking back it might not be that relevant.
MIGHT

AC-Phoenix 2013-07-07 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube (Post 4750969)
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about in which case I was kind of surprised to. But they MIGHT make note of it in the second episode. Then again thinking back it might not be that relevant.
MIGHT

I haven't seen anything far enough to say it was relevant yet, its might be not really worth mentioning, other that it explains that person's drawing style.

If we talk about the same thing I'm kinda unsure whether we should reveal it if it doesn't appear in EP 2 either...
Also they didn't say something related to that about the electro ID... Could it be that they wanted to eliminate this mystery :rolleyes:?
(Is there coincidentally a mod here who knows what I might mean and has played to game so they can say whether its safe to mention it in a spoiler tag?
It should have been mentioned during the first introduction scene already...)

I mean I just quickly glanced over the episode now, so i can't say for sure, but there are actually several things about the ElectroID not yet mentioned... Well the other stuff is mentioned several imes as far as I know, but the one I was talking about has yet to surface again...

Klashikari 2013-07-13 13:10

specific comments from gamers regarding comparison/issues about the adaptation has been moved here.

In a nutshell, please use this thread for expectations of a specific scene later and/or points that could potentially be a problem later.

Klashikari 2013-07-13 13:21

What annoys me right now with the adaptation is that a lot of people will mistake Sayaka's character after the trial, even if the staff keep Kyouko's comment regarding Sayaka's dilemna.

The reason is that they completely downplayed her interactions with not only Makoto, but also with the other students (of course, it isn't like the game implied she became friends with everyone, but she was rather a spokeswoman along with Kyotaka).

But the biggest problem was the flat out removal of their discussions about dreams etc when they were looking for a self defense weapon.
The actual point is that Sayaka wasn't clinging on Makoto in order to deceive him, far from that since she was already motivated in her dream and could only think of staying alive until Monokuma showed up with the first incentive.

Past that, her social links imply heavily that she might have developed a crush on Makoto, and that's before the incentive incident, hence absolutely not a deception to secude Makoto. Although people might realize that it would have been much easier to kill Makoto instead if she really didn't care about him, the lack of such "small interactions" just doesn't give her justice.

I was rather happy to have some complicated implication in IF, but really it is also why I'm a bit annoyed by the flat out linearity of the game, since I frankly think Sayaka could be an interesting complex character if she was alive for at least half the adventure (at least more than Touko who was plainly useless save for Genocide Shou).

Shadow5YA 2013-07-13 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 4757423)
The actual point is that Sayaka wasn't clinging on Makoto in order to deceive him, far from that since she was already motivated in her dream and could only think of staying alive until Monokuma showed up with the first incentive.

Past that, her social links imply heavily that she might have developed a crush on Makoto, and that's before the incentive incident, hence absolutely not a deception to secude Makoto. Although people might realize that it would have been much easier to kill Makoto instead if she really didn't care about him, the lack of such "small interactions" just doesn't give her justice.

No, it's kind of hard to deny that she was deceiving Naegi since that was the point of switching rooms.

I agree there is more to it than that, but she still did what she did. Naegi being the optimistic person he is just chose to look at the brighter side - that the 11037 was left specifically for Naegi to find.

Klashikari 2013-07-13 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 4757430)
No, it's kind of hard to deny that she was deceiving Naegi since that was the point of switching rooms.

Of course, Sayaka did deceive Makoto, but only after the incentive issue.
In fact several points point in favor to Sayaka:

1) She obviously didn't know that there would be a trial after the murder
2) She doesn't know that everyone else will die if she could get away with it
3) Nor she could know there would be a punishment for the murderer

But the main part is that Sayaka had no real murder motive/intent prior the incentive. As such, she was basically hanging around Makoto because she took genuine interest in him.
It is only after the incentive she needed to get out ASAP, and Makoto was the only one she could rely on, even if it isn't for the good reasons (at least, she didn't kill him, nor asked him to be her accomplice).

Similarly, I'm afraid people will fuss over Leon. Surely he is at fault in a similar fashion than Sayaka because he could easely seize her after breaking her wrist. Instead, he literally chased thorough the room (so many struggles) before dismantling the doorknob.
But at least, likewise, Leon was unaware that the balance scale would be so extreme after the deed.

Gundamx 2013-07-13 13:38

in game >>> she give sword to negai >> before Monokuma show them the video that destroy her dream and flip her character up
>>> the funny think is that the sword she give to Negai to protect him end up as obstacle to her plan
(technically it did protect him but in undirected way)

in anime >>> the sword in his room from the beginning...:heh:

since they remove the kitchen knife and sword part >>> I guess they plan to say every room have personal weapon?

+
Too bad they remove all their social event.
Some of them have nothing to add to story but they add to their character persona.

But they should at least show her insecure feeling about her dream and friends...

hamazura 2013-07-13 13:52

whatever the reason, the point is maizono did betray naegi...
well, naegi is easy to manipulate and betrayed, plus maizono is an idol, that make things easier. but forget that, i feel pity for leon, he is innocent and become maizono target... getting attacked, and then he succesfully push back maizono.
of course he would strike back and kill maizono, do you expect him would say "oh, she trying to kill me? ok whatevr, i will forget dat" ?
Impossible, and death by blunt weapon is sooo painful, leon :(

Klashikari 2013-07-13 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamazura (Post 4757463)
whatever the reason, the point is maizono did betray naegi...
well, naegi is easy to manipulate and betrayed, plus maizono is an idol, that make things easier. but forget that, i feel pity for leon, he is innocent and become maizono target... getting attacked, and then he succesfully push back maizono.
of course he would strike back and kill maizono, do you expect him would say "oh, she trying to kill me? ok whatevr, i will forget dat" ?
Impossible, and death by blunt weapon is sooo painful, leon :(

I frankly believe there is a stark contrast of how Sayaka betrayed Makoto compared to the other cases.
Not only Sayaka had only very few information at hand (as in, only a murderer will "graduate"), she also took many risks despite she could get away very early by killing Makoto with the practice sword.

As for Leon, he could be a complete nice guy if he were to disarm Sayaka and just call everyone else. Whereas the sense of danger could of course make him violent, there was no need to chase Sayaka in the room AND in the bathroom unless he really wanted to kill her (which was the case).
The most evident part was that he went as far as fetching his tool kit despite Sayaka was no longer a threat as soon she lost the knife and sheltered herself in the bathroom.

Plainly speaking, both characters are equally at fault, and I think things would have been vastly different if both knew the shitstorm about class trials.
This is arguably a huge shade of grey, unlike case 3 which is a major embrace of "planned murders".

Dengar 2013-07-13 14:00

Maizono clearly was aware of the fact that she had to not only kill someone, but get away with it as well. Which is why she set up Naegi to take the fall.

I won't call her evil or anything like that, but I don't think anyone should downplay what she did.

And neither should anyone downplay what Kuwata did.

Klashikari 2013-07-13 14:08

I don't really think I'm downplaying what she has done. She genuinely tried killing Leon after all.
But unlike case 3, Sayaka most likely didn't expect Makoto (and everyone else) would be in danger as result, otherwise she could simply off Makoto cleanly with far less risks than baiting leon and use Makoto as a scapegoat.

Ironically, while Leon killed Sayaka, he didn't try framing anyone but conversively, he had "more" opportunity not to kill Sayaka. Hence why I think both are equally at fault.

Dengar 2013-07-13 14:09

There's no real way to confirm or refute that. One thing is for sure, after her plan failed it's possible she honestly tried to save Naegi.

Klashikari 2013-07-13 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4757481)
There's no real way to confirm or refute that. One thing is for sure, after her plan failed it's possible she honestly tried to save Naegi.

Most likely yes, if we consider the social links and other circumstances.

Gundamx 2013-07-13 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 4757472)
I frankly believe there is a stark contrast of how Sayaka betrayed Makoto compared to the other cases.
Not only Sayaka had only very few information at hand (as in, only a murderer will "graduate"), she also took many risks despite she could get away very early by killing Makoto with the practice sword.

As for Leon, he could be a complete nice guy if he were to disarm Sayaka and just call everyone else. Whereas the sense of danger could of course make him violent, there was no need to chase Sayaka in the room AND in the bathroom unless he really wanted to kill her (which was the case).
The most evident part was that he went as far as fetching his tool kit despite Sayaka was no longer a threat as soon she lost the knife and sheltered herself in the bathroom.

Plainly speaking, both characters are equally at fault, and I think things would have been vastly different if both knew the shitstorm about class trials.
This is arguably a huge shade of grey, unlike case 3 which is a major embrace of "planned murders".

if he just let it slide = how do he know that she won't try it again?
she is the one who try to kill him first in lawless area

if it was normal school = he can just call the police but here = no one will punish her don't to mention that other person can kill him
so he though he just should kill her now and leave

and just like her he didn't know that every one should be punish
but unlike her he didn't try to set up someone till monokouma said that you will get killed if they fond out about you

( he killed her while was scared for his life = that why he never try to change anything = if he know than either he will not do it or try to change her death scene so other person will get the blame)