AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Character Discussion - Nodoka (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96851)

Pellissier 2010-08-24 07:00

K-On! - Character Discussion - Nodoka

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Nodoka related.
http://a.imagehost.org/0066/koncthreads-nodoka.png
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all K-On! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Chocolate Pocky 2010-08-24 07:45

Nodoka is really responsible and smart! Yui and HTT are lucky to have her as a friend. I'm kinda jealous :heh:

Ithekro 2010-08-24 09:22

Best president the school has ever had....
Spoiler for Second Season:

GMT 2010-08-24 10:47

One day, someone will threaten the girls of Hokago Tea Time, only to have Nodoka lay the smackdown on them while calmly announcing "that's my bread and butter you're f<GITAH CHORD>ing with."

After all, thanks to Ritsu's utter lack of responsibility in her role as club president, Nodoka is the one who keeps track of the club's schedule and paperwork. She's also the president of the Mio Fan Club, and the president of the student council. She helps organize the Mio Fan Club benefit concert (complete with merchandising,) and that whole t-shirt stunt from episode 20.

I'm telling you, she's setting up to take over the world in an apocalypse of metal moe. :D

kitten320 2010-08-24 10:53

I would have my head exploded if I did all the stuff she does, so much responsibility @_@

And it looks more like she owns the K-ON club, not Ritsu :heh:

Ithekro 2010-08-24 10:55

Azusa won't have her to fall back on next year.

Chocolate Pocky 2010-08-24 11:26

Would Azu-nyan need to? Isn't Azu-nyan responsible enough witout Nodoka? :confused:
And if Nodoka is going to take over the world, she'd do a very good job with the help of moe~ ;)

Ithekro 2010-08-24 11:30

She might take over the world, but she'll need a front. HTT is a good a front as any.

ronelm2000 2010-08-24 19:18

I would really imagine it very well...if Nodoka would become the HTT manager in the future.

Haruhiism 2010-08-24 23:51

Every main character needs a responsible next door neighbor childhood friend so Yui is all set in that aspect. Although they are suppose to be very close. it makes me wonder how much Nodoka seems to care about Yui since she doesn't really seem to encourage her all that much in the series. She could just be busy with her own problems and club activities but if you knew you have a slacker friend, wouldn't you try a bit to help them out for his/her future?

kitten320 2010-08-25 04:35

Why? Yui has HTT on her side which includes Mio and most importantly Azusa who constantly helps and encourage.

Friday 2010-08-25 08:27

Yui wouldn't be a normal girl if it wasn't for Nodoka, she is more like an older sister to Yui.

alucard13mm 2010-08-26 17:04

I wonder how will Yui manage without the guidance and support from Ui and Nodoka =O..

ronelm2000 2010-08-26 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard13mm (Post 3212603)
I wonder how will Yui manage without the guidance and support from Ui and Nodoka =O..

That...is entirely unthinkable.

But hey...maybe Nodoka would take Political Science and...=D

GMT 2010-08-26 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronelm2000 (Post 3212722)
That...is entirely unthinkable.

But hey...maybe Nodoka would take Political Science and...=D

Guidance from her friends (y'know, the rest of the A cast who isn't Azusa,) who all decided to go to the same university. For the first year or two. Possibly more if they all major in related subjects. The story is about growing up. As she matures, Yui goes from the support of her childhood BFF and her domesticated sister, to the support and friendship of the young women she met through the light music club.

But, this thread is about Offdensen Nodoka. :p

Ithekro 2010-08-26 22:02

Did Nodoka mention which school she was going to?

winhlp32 2010-08-26 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 3212947)
Did Nodoka mention which school she was going to?

In the anime, from s02e08 we know she is going to a different university from the other girls. but we won't ever get any names of universities they are going to for copyright reasons.

In the manga, she is going to 'k university', which the scanlator of the manga has taken to mean 'Kyoto University'.

aldw 2010-08-27 00:37

I'm surprised it took so long for Nodoka to get her own thread, she really is deserving of love considering all the things she does in the story. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Pocky (Post 3208197)
Would Azu-nyan need to? Isn't Azu-nyan responsible enough witout Nodoka? :confused:

Azusa also has Ui to help her too if she needs to, so things should be all right in that department.

bloppyblue 2010-08-27 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haruhiism (Post 3209251)
Although they are suppose to be very close. it makes me wonder how much Nodoka seems to care about Yui since she doesn't really seem to encourage her all that much in the series. She could just be busy with her own problems and club activities but if you knew you have a slacker friend, wouldn't you try a bit to help them out for his/her future?

Well they've kind of been friends since day one. I think Nodoka knows Yui so well she's already got like, a Yui's-in-trouble-oh-no sensor built in. Probably doesn't help her unless it's actually a big problem (she's like, as someone else mentioned, a big sister). And I'm sure if a huge problem does arise, Nodoka'll come and fix it (just like how Mio and Ritsu support each other when it's called for).

ronelm2000 2010-08-27 01:20

So yeah...so true!

Nodaka is a true semi-totalitarian leader.