AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 662 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111293)

marvelB 2012-03-28 04:54

One Piece - Chapter 662 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Last week we finally learned the name of Trafalgar Law's devil fruit ability. But just how great is its power? We shall find out now! As has been the case for a while, credit goes to T and CCC from AP for summary and translation, respectively:

-Chapter title is "Shichibukai Law vs. VA Smoker". The ministory introduces us to the latest Awakened guardian in Impel Down: The mino-chihuahua.

-Law calls Tashigi weak. However, before he finishes her off, Smoker stops him. The two of them then have an epic clash.....

-Meanwhile, Luffy's group is apparently riding around on the island on Brownbeard's back. At the castle, "M" is speaking with his servants. We're then finally introduced to the harpy woman from a few chapters back, whose name is Monet.

-Smoker suspects that there's someone behind Law (whether this means in a physical or figurative sense is unknown). However, Law tells him that they'll risk more secrets being exposed if they continue, and finishes off the VA..... by taking his heart. Just as Smoker is defeated, Luffy arrives at the scene.....

Yikes! Law's just too powerful now! So he even got Smoker's heart now, huh.... and to think we'd see our brand-spanking new VA get jobbed by a warlord before Luffy got the chance to kick his ass. :p The chihuahua guardian is pretty cute, actually (wonder if he's stronger than the others, though). And it's cool that we're finally introduced to the harpy (interestingly, her shirt says "HAPPY" on it, which kinda sounds like "harpy", I guess). So will Luffy have to fight Law now? Sadly, we won't find out right away because.....

NOTE: THE SERIES WILL BE ON BREAK NEXT WEEK SO THERE WILL BE NO CHAPTER THREAD UNTIL AROUND 4/11. I REPEAT: THERE WILL BE NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK.

ronin myael 2012-03-28 05:22

what? no chapter next week? again? dang!

oh well, this week's chapter should be interesting. i wonder how powerful law has really become that even smoker could be owned like that.

marvelB 2012-03-28 05:25

Oh, and obligatory "MONET FOR NAKAMA" post before someone else beats me to it. :p

Jouten 2012-03-28 06:24

I can't believe that Law beat Smoker! To me Smoker seemed to be more powerful and a more experienced fighter. Law stealing his heart was cheap. (How does that even work on a Logia?)
I mean before the skip he could even withstand Boa Hancock and now he gets taken out in one move? I really hope Smoker still has some secret up his sleeve
And is it only me or does the Master look like Basil Hawkins?

Stained-Shadow 2012-03-28 06:36

Law sure is strong ! :eyespin: cant wait for the next chapter. :D

Randrak42 2012-03-28 06:44

Indeed...Harpy for new nakama!
And Brownbeard for new Strawhat pet/land transport!

ronin myael 2012-03-28 06:44

ouch! not only was tashigi sliced in half, law even made her realize how weak she really is. even her sword shigure was cut. i guess even with haki she is no match for the guy. i doubt she can even take on zoro.

looks like law and that liquid dude is in fact in league with one another, the centaurs seem to be as well and the kids in bisquits room are indeed connected to law. so most of the theories about this arc have been proven true so far.

as for how law was able to steal smoker's heart, it seems like his haki is not strong enough to withstand law's attack. perhaps it takes a certain level of busoshoku haki to be able to guard yourself from it. i wonder how luffy would fare against him. too bad we won't be able to see it next week since op will be on a break, again! :(

~Yami~ 2012-03-28 07:02

"WEAKLINGS can't choose their way of death"

Smoker got pawned by Law... ouch! he's totally stronger than before
let's see how Luffy will settle the confrontation
Law really seems different... I think he's an easy-going person but after 2 years, he become a serious person

Another break?? noooo!!!!
Harpy for new nakama!!!

Darmill 2012-03-28 07:07

Hate to see Smoker go down like that. It's possible that he gets caught off-guard since he obviously isn't in his logia form while smashing that rock and Law's timing couldn't be better. Great action scenes overall, but very disappointing though.

Shiryuu 2012-03-28 07:11

And here I thought logia defense was automatic. Or Smoker just sucks.

ronin myael 2012-03-28 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiryuu (Post 4078357)
And here I thought logia defense was automatic. Or Smoker just sucks.

it is! save for blackbeard's yami yami no mi, logia users are immune to direct attacks. that's why i think law has busoshoku haki, it's the only way he could have stolen smoker's heart and the only way to defend against law's haki imbued ope ope no mi attack is to have a pretty strong busoshoku haki yourself. it looks like smoker's haki is not on that level.

Jouten 2012-03-28 07:25

Am I the only one who thinks Law's victory was pretty cheap? Hiding behind that rock/iceblock and then attacking through it with a OHKO move?

SMASHERJACKSON 2012-03-28 07:31

I for one think it was a very clever move, smoker did not see it coming.

As for law in general, he is impressing me more and more, guy is very strong - i imagine he can split himself too.

As for Luffy arriving, i woner if we will get to see him fight smoker - or better yet Law, as i find him more interesting.

I wonder if the island boss knows the straw hats from before at all, would certainly add a twist to the story.

A very entertaining chapter.

Dengar 2012-03-28 07:31

He's a pirate, who fights unfairly, oh the humanity.

ronin myael 2012-03-28 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jouten (Post 4078377)
Am I the only one who thinks Law's victory was pretty cheap? Hiding behind that rock/iceblock and then attacking through it with a OHKO move?

i thought it was pretty cool. smoker is no weakling, he's an experienced fighter and a logia user at that. how do you defeat him? you use smarts. if it means cheap tricks then so be it. you do realize that law's ability in general deals with deception and torment. that move is so him. nothing cheap about it. it's just the way he rolls, so to speak.

golgo13 2012-03-28 08:12

This chapter slowly advanced the plot.

If looks like M is in cahoots with Law, Harpy and the centaurs. They themselves were confused about the multiple groups and have figured out exactly who they are. And now everyone knows there are marines as well. Luffy needs to meet large kids :P

Law makes an interesting comment, we will have to change our location. Very possible they transported some of the equipment and frozen people/kids to this island.

I am really hoping smoker's heart is able to get out of the box, similar to how whitebeard was able to escape aokiji's freeze using his DF ability in a unique way.

So if the people loses their heart they can't move?

RRW 2012-03-28 08:32

hmm seem the only way to defeat law is well coordinated team work attack.

this probably luffy test for is captaincity

Jouten 2012-03-28 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4078452)
hmm seem the only way to defeat law is well coordinated team work attack.

this probably luffy test for is captaincity

Or Robin clutching him

RRW 2012-03-28 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jouten (Post 4078457)
Or Robin clutching him

she still prone to heart steal attack.

thought she probably second person that have chance against Law

first one probably Brock since "technically" he doesn't have a heart and if law somehow destroy his body he can posses other thing.

then again they need well coordinated team attack and strategy

golgo13 2012-03-28 08:50

Law did a nice Kawarimi no Jutsu on smoker.