AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 250 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110402)

james0246 2012-02-16 08:17

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 250 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gif if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

The Freak vs. The Monster! A Battle in Paradise! - 珍獣VS怪人! 楽園の戦い! ~ Chinjū VS Kaijin! Rakuen no Tatakai! .

Animation Supervisor: Ik-Hyun Eum (239, 229, 222)
Storyboard & Episode Director: Kiyomu Fukuda (241, 239, 229)
Screenplay: Masahiro Hikokubo (249, 248, 247)

Next Episode:
The Man Known as Kisame - 鬼鮫という男 ~ Kisame to Iu Otoko .

HasuMasu 2012-02-16 08:49

Really cool, didn't like the color they used for Gai's last move though--would look better clear.

In case you're wondering, Gai's body was giving off a lot of heat and green sweat--thus his aura, it isn't green chakra.

Shay 2012-02-16 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 4008925)
Really cool, didn't like the color they used for Gai's last move though--would look better clear.

In case you're wondering, Gai's body was giving off a lot of heat and green sweat--thus his aura, it isn't green chakra.

But he's the green beast of springtime youth isn't he...or something like that lol

'Don't sacrifice the truth just for a ryme' - Classic! Hahah

Lumir 2012-02-16 13:10

Lol @ naruto hurting himself in his new kyuubi'fied form. And even more LOL @ the near kamehameHA battle between Gai and Kisame rofl! Good ep, it just felt not serious enough for the situation. I mean Kisame has ALL the intel on naruto and everyone around him, they cant let that kinda info get out no matter what.

Maxtro 2012-02-16 16:24

Shock.

I was seriously not expecting a Gai vs Kisame fight. I was halfway expecting a filler based on last weeks preview.

TimeMask 2012-02-16 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 4008925)

The gates made Guy have blue sweat in the manga according to Bee.

I think they made Naruto's rikudo bulb mode glow too much in this episode but I like how the energy looks when it floats up of him like it does for susanoo:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7poaSejFGC...orm_Naruto.png

Pwnago 2012-02-16 17:19

Hmm.. I kinda liked this episode not to the extent how I loved the last two episodes..

Narutos form was pretty awesome and his speed is just like his dad's :D, though his going to be pretty awesome once he masters how to use the nine tails chakara!!

octaviahawk 2012-02-17 01:47

lol, I feel like the Konoha nin goofed so many times in this episode...win for Kisame, even if he did get owned by Gai at the end.

Kafriel 2012-02-17 05:43

Bee: Oh, this spikey sword creature is so cute, I'll let it keep gnawing at my arm for like 2 minutes even though people are telling me it's sucking my power... -after a while- damn, I'm so weak, how did this happen!

itachi-san314 2012-02-17 13:40

it's a common translation error for gai to be calling himself the 'might green beast' all these past eps. he has actually been saying 'blue beast' and finally we get to see his blue chakra

i was pretty disappointed in this ep. after looking forward to it for so long. it felt very rushed and sloppily edited to me. it could have been much cooler. the gags mostly didn't do it for me and some of the animation was just off like samehada's movements. my hunch is that they put so much effort into the past few eps. that they just didn't have time to polish this one up

neshru 2012-02-17 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4011153)
my hunch is that they put so much effort into the past few eps. that they just didn't have time to polish this one up

It's actually not a matter of polish, certain episodes (generally 1 every 2 or 3 episodes) are simply outsourced to low quality studios for budget and deadlines reasons. This episode happened to be one of them.

ookamigirl 2012-02-17 16:49

Finally, the shark guy got revealed.
It was lucky Guy was there. That guy sure is a weirdo ^^"
Shark guy sure gave them quite a headache with all the chasing.
Great episode.

Excelion 2012-02-17 17:02

Something felt off about this episode. Naruto gets his foot stuck in the ground and makes a big deal out of it, Bee acts stupid so he can be taken out of the picture, and all it seems like it was just one big setup to let Guy fight Kisame. I hope the flashbacks in the next preview don't mean he's perished, but he did lose his Akatsuki attire after all, and they seem to lose every time that happens.

I hope this isn't the end for him because this felt like a cheap and quick way to write him off. I don't think a fully-powered Guy should be able to take Kisame in a water environment. Maybe Kisame was still weakened, I dunno, but he shouldn't have put himself in that position in the first place if it was so risky.

Silliness took up most of the episode when we should have been treated to a longer fight.

itachi-san314 2012-02-17 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by neshru (Post 4011197)
It's actually not a matter of polish, certain episodes (generally 1 every 2 or 3 episodes) are simply outsourced to low quality studios for budget and deadlines reasons. This episode happened to be one of them.

that's true to an extent, but it's not like all the eps that the lower end studio does are edited poorly. I felt like they were just off with the timing of the music and some of the animations were just poorly designed. It's not like they are incapable of doing a better job, this one just felt rushed and I think that any fight with an akatsuki member should be given more time and thought

neshru 2012-02-17 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4011659)
that's true to an extent, but it's not like all the eps that the lower end studio does are edited poorly.

The outsourced episodes are outsourced to more than one studio, so outsourced episodes vary in quality, but the ones done by the same studios generally have very similar quality.
Today's episode had pretty much the same lineup of animators of the last two episodes done by the same studio (239 and 229).

wsheit 2012-02-17 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelion (Post 4011414)
I hope the flashbacks in the next preview don't mean he's perished, but he did lose his Akatsuki attire after all, and they seem to lose every time that happens.

Yeah, that was my worry after seeing the preview. It seems like we always get the flashbacks right before a character dies (or is converted to Naruto's Army of Good Guys).

I keep hoping that we get an actual Sai v Kisame like in the OP.

Suika-Esper 2012-02-17 21:27

This episode could have been done a lot better. It seemed very rushed and without the detail you would've expected. The way everyone acted silly in this situation was awkward enough in the manga chapter when this happened, but this episode drew it out rather than making it seem like a momentary joke. Next week looks to be back to form though.

Excelion 2012-02-17 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsheit (Post 4011749)
I keep hoping that we get an actual Sai v Kisame like in the OP.

Well, that OP has a brief scene with Sakura fighting Madara 1v1, and I don't think that'll be happening :heh:

HasuMasu 2012-02-18 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelion (Post 4011969)
Well, that OP has a brief scene with Sakura fighting Madara 1v1, and I don't think that'll be happening :heh:

Actually, about that...:uhoh:

godlystriker 2012-02-18 07:15

I felt that its not as good as previous few episodes overall :(

It was a excellent start to the episode with Kushinos farewell, but started get annoying with Bee being oblivious and "dense" when he's supposed to take out Kisame.

Also, is Guy unexpectedly powerful or Kisame unexpectedly weak o.o (not that he's weak, but instead of questioning why his own attack didn't work, I'd thought he'd know what can counter his own attack instantly)