AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   sola (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   sola - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48120)

Pellissier 2007-05-26 07:14

Spoiler for general impressions after episode 8:

Telliamed 2007-05-26 07:58

The animation in the d**** was fine. It's supposed to look wierd, Emphasizes the distress.

felix 2007-05-26 09:59

I won't argue at this point that Aono's not some villain of the show, =/
But all you people that name her demon etc better not call yourselves sensible or romantic. =_=
Spoiler for Thoughts Ep8:
Who else thinks that after something like 8eps we know little to nothing about Matsuri o_O The little we know is but trivia or sketchy stuff mostly to do with the other characters, rather then her~ ..the supposedly main character of the show!!

Spoiler for Next Ep:

Mueti 2007-05-26 10:33

Spoiler for reply to Cats:

felix 2007-05-26 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mueti (Post 963846)

Spoiler for Reply:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mueti (Post 963846)

Spoiler for Replay:

octoberasian 2007-05-26 12:22

As Pellissier said above and as you said Cats, and I do agree:
We are still missing one more piece in this whole puzzle that will probably explain everything that ties Aono, Matsuri, and Yorito together.

(Mayuko and Takeshi will probably have some link, but probably be tangent to the main path, so to speak.)

I'd like to know more of "why" and "how", and hopefully that gets explained in the next episodes.
Spoiler:

This episode while answered two things about Aono and Mayuko, it still brought more questions. >_<

kct 2007-05-26 12:34

Seems like more questions are being created than being answered, and I know, this is totally frustrating.

And...

Spoiler for Takeshi:

Kaoru Chujo 2007-05-26 12:47

In five episodes, there's time left for lots of revelations and plot and character development. I think there is more to come with Mana. If Yorito survives, she may be the only girl left, lol. And their strenuous denial of any relationship is a clear flag that one is possible. I am very happy with the pace of revelations. I don't need to know everything just yet -- frustrating as it is to end every episode with a cliffhanger.

And I want to say again how much I'm enjoying Koshimizu Ami as the loopy classmate with the strange ideas about bearded guy. She is really creating a unique character.

felix 2007-05-26 12:50

Spoiler for Reply to kct:

Icerack 2007-05-26 13:26

Spoiler for yorito:

Deathkillz 2007-05-26 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 963945)
In five episodes, there's time left for lots of revelations and plot and character development. I think there is more to come with Mana. If Yorito survives, she may be the only girl left, lol. And their strenuous denial of any relationship is a clear flag that one is possible. I am very happy with the pace of revelations. I don't need to know everything just yet -- frustrating as it is to end every episode with a cliffhanger.

And I want to say again how much I'm enjoying Koshimizu Ami as the loopy classmate with the strange ideas about bearded guy. She is really creating a unique character.

oh no dont tell me that you are thinking that mana is able to be the dark horse :3 even if matsuri disappears again after the battle mana's role would be to pick up the shattered pieces of yorito's broken heart...and that guy is as stubbon as bricks...theres no way that he would fall for mana even if she confesses...

and bearded guys are hot...(not said by me) :uhoh: :heh:

Skyfall 2007-05-26 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 963812)
I won't argue at this point that Aono's not some villain of the show, =/
But all you people that name her demon etc better not call yourselves sensible or romantic. =_=

Never claimed myself to be sensible ^_^

I have one solution for Aono:

That said: we are still missing some details, but as far as Aono goes - my hate for her is set in stone. I still want to know how exactly Takashi and rozen-loli tie in the middle of this, and i can only speculate what role they will play in the end...

Will post something more sensible after watching the subs ^_^

Klashikari 2007-05-26 14:46

The more i observe Aono, the more it doesn't look "pure jealousy" to me.
Considering how she was calm towards Matsuri back in EP6, it isn't really normal, considering how she is struggling now.

Aono has a fearsome ability to manipulate Yorito's memories. then why didn't she make in sort that yorito hate Matsuri? (while we don't know if Aono's "brainwash" might affect one's feelings or not, grieving memories can be a lethal weapon for the heart)
Why did Aono choose her current "sister" slot on purpose?
She doesn't have the usual "LOOK ONLY AT ME", she is only hindering yorito concerning matsuri.

These 2 points don't make pretty much sense with the usual set up "emo girl, loving her step brother".
If she was that reckless, yorito would already hers for a long time.
IMO, she is kinda protecting him, from several factors which can bring him back a possible "tragedy" (thus his previous "death")

Thus, someone's theory (i'm sorry, i forgot who was the original author of this ~~) about Aono desperate attempt to prevent a disaster might be that Finding a way to let a Yaka seeing the sky might kill the caster.
Aono trashing Yorito's sky pictures is pretty much dubious (and i really don't think it is primarly linked to Matsuri), and it is really weird that Aono thinks to obliterate Matsuri only now, while she could do it from the very moment Koyori told her about matsuri.

Aono even said "i always thought it might come to this someday", which means she was prepared for a possible meeting with "new" yorito and matsuri. (i guess she had confidence with her memories jammer, but it appears that yorito's heart acted as the same as always, poor thing ~~)
And since Matsuri didn't mind her promise with Aono, and her statement she broke her promise in this ep, this is really troubling, and Matsuri X Yorito doesn't seem sane. (actually, Yorito "zombie mode", and getting revitalize with a silly picture pretty much freaked me out big time. his obsession with Matsuri is as big as Aono desperates moves to separate Him and Matsuri. This is really dubious to me.)

Anyway, too much holes, indeed...

but, i guess i'm against the odds, concerning Aono, and the big brawling bash :heh:

Icerack 2007-05-26 14:55

Quote:

Aono has a fearsome ability to manipulate Yorito's memories. then why didn't she make in sort that yorito hate Matsuri?
In a way she did, sort of. She made Yorito stab Matsuri. I'm not exactly sure if that'd be considered making Yorito hate her for a brief moment. Luckily, the power of love is too strong for Aono to control and we see that Yorito is really fighting off Aono's magic in this ep.

Skyfall 2007-05-26 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 964033)
The more i observe Aono, the more it doesn't look "pure jealousy" to me.
Considering how she was calm towards Matsuri back in EP6, it isn't really normal, considering how she is struggling now.

Aono has a fearsome ability to manipulate Yorito's memories. then why didn't she make in sort that yorito hate Matsuri? (while we don't know if Aono's "brainwash" might affect one's feelings or not, grieving memories can be a lethal weapon for the heart)
Why did Aono choose her current "sister" slot on purpose?
She doesn't have the usual "LOOK ONLY AT ME", she is only hindering yorito concerning matsuri.

I think it has to do with the fact that she has "lost" to Matsuri in the past. Perhaps she is sort of "reduced" to a sister role because of Yorito's feelings for Matsuri - as much as she tries to manipulate his memories, it is obvious she can't get Matsuri out of his system for good.

Also she might fear that Yorito might run off trying to find a way to save Matsuri again, thus leaving her alone. In ep6 she was calm because Matsuri promised never to appear in front of them again. In short - Matsuri is the biggest threat she can possibly have as far as her relationship with Yorito goes, and basically she can't do much about it.

orion 2007-05-26 16:03

I waiting for the subs before I comment further but..

Spoiler:

Deathkillz 2007-05-26 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 964100)
I waiting for the subs before I comment further but..

Spoiler:

and i quote myself...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 963636)
okey right now im going to find it really hard to protect aono...:uhoh:
Spoiler:

she doesnt want an older guy...she wants yorito! simply put :3

orion 2007-05-26 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 964106)
and i quote myself...

she doesnt want an older guy...she wants yorito! simply put :3

Well, she did commit suicide after all. But the reason is why I put that there.

Spoiler:

WanderingKnight 2007-05-26 17:02

Spoiler:

Skyfall 2007-05-26 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingKnight (Post 964153)
Spoiler:

Spoiler: