AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Da Capo Plus Communication - Translation patch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32695)

Da Capo Plus Communication - Translation patch

For all the fans of this game, there's a little surprise here <- LINK IS CURRENTLY DOWN, USE THIS ONE INSTEAD: http://visualnews.net/full-downloads#dcpc

All credit goes to Arkanos, roxfan, chiisai_nezumi and crescen2k, don't listen to the special thanks. :heh:

Enjoy.

KBTKaiser 2006-05-30 12:23

Very Nice. :)

Ah yeah, like, sorry for keeping it a secret from you and relentless, but I was asked to. :heh:

Village Idiot 2006-05-30 15:09

Thanks a ton for the patch.

*goes off to order Da Capo Plus Communication off Himeya*

*waits impatiently for the Kotori/Mako story routes*

Kotori's done, it was the first actually.

Mako isn't, but after Tamaki, I believe he's doing either Mako or Moe.

Shiroth 2006-05-30 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvatarST
Kotori's done, it was the first actually.

Its amazing how that isn't a shock. ^^;

Yeah, that Kotori's loved by everyone.

Kanae's (nice spoiler on the page he put up XD) was second, and Alice's was the last before he started working on Tamaki, so far. He's going by his favourites.

Shiroth 2006-05-30 16:11

it sucks that the link doesn't work for me.. >_>

Which, angelsama? The main link or the downloads?

Shiroth 2006-05-30 16:14

Quote:

Which, angelsama? The main link or the downloads?

Main linku~

That's odd. Have you tried pasting it in your browser?

I'd post it again without the hyperlink: http://shii.org/translate/dcpc/

Try clicking on it. Otherwise ask me for a PM for the download links.

Shiroth 2006-05-30 16:16

Yeah, still not working - i am at a mates though.. if it was my computer i'd sure it would work. ^^;

I'll pm away desu~

There, sent.

Hope it'll work for you now. ^^

Shiroth 2006-05-30 16:22

Yeah, downloads all working, can't wait to get home now. ^^;

Thanks~

I'm glad.

And no problem. I'm being paid US$400 per week for doing this sort of shameless advertising, so I'm at your service.

relentlessflame 2006-05-30 21:34

Quote:

Ah yeah, like, sorry for keeping it a secret from you and relentless, but I was asked to. :heh:

Ouch. :( Oh well, it's not like I need any other D.C. projects to work on... :heh: I'll give it a shot at some point.

I made it sound like I had to keep it a secret from -you- didn't I. ^^;

That's not it, I had to keep it a secret from the general public. But I bet you're one of the people who knew about this project anyway.

relentlessflame 2006-05-30 22:02

Quote:

That's not it, I had to keep it a secret from the general public.

Ohh, so I'm just "general public" to you now, am I?! :( :heh: No, no - I understand how it is with these things. :heh:

Quote:

But I bet you're one of the people who knew about this project anyway.

:p Well, yeah - I didn't know you were working on it, but I did know it was on again (heard a few people talking about it on IRC, etc.). It is like I said, though - once I found out that the project was on again, I was thinking about getting connected with it, but I decided that I should just focus on my other D.C. projects instead. :heh: I figured out the MES script format as a weekend project last year, but that's as far as I ever got on it. :p

-I- was working on it? No, no. I'm just part of special thanks, a wannabe failed editor and a shameless advertiser. :heh:

What are the other DC projects you're working on? Or are those, too, a secret from the general public? :p

relentlessflame 2006-05-30 23:36

Quote:

What are the other DC projects you're working on? Or are those, too, a secret from the general public? :p

Well, I'm working on D.C.S.S. on DVD with OpenSea (but it has indeed been going very slowly... my fault for being picky and doing all the adjusting myself :heh: ), and the second project is indeed secret until I finally get my act together and release it. I won't win any speed awards, but oh well. :p

Cloudnine 2006-05-31 01:26

yay~ I remember a while back when there was someone who translated Kotori's route in D.C.P.C.~ Did you guys use his script?

Also, does the alpha patch include the whole route?

Varion 2006-05-31 02:40

Kotori first? Okay, I officially love this guy :heh: Looks like I'm gonna have to hunt this down.

Question then, is Renewal the same thing? Himeya lists it but not 'D.C.P.C' on its own, so will that work or should I be hitting Yahoo Japan?

Cloudnine 2006-05-31 04:42

oh my... Himeya really loves their markups.

The DCPS renewal version is a game package that includes the original game and a ton of DC extras like the side stories Four Seasons, Hot Springs, Summer Vacation and Winter Vacation. I think it also includes two Circus games, "Final Exam Kujiura" and another one I can't remember =p

So, for 95 bucks you do get a lot more content which makes it worth the purchase... that is if you can read it ^^;;

It should work with the patch since it's basically the same game~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudnine
yay~ I remember a while back when there was someone who translated Kotori's route in D.C.P.C.~ Did you guys use his script?

Also, does the alpha patch include the whole route?

Arkanos is that guy.

Yes, the alpha patch includes the complete route. As well as Alice's and Kanae's. Just make sure to always pick the location where you put your cursor over and hear the voice of the corresponding character.

As for setting your alarm clock, all the "normal"s are translated. Alice has some "early" scenes as well.

Valdra: yep, both he and I are quite big Kotori fanboys. ^^;

Varion 2006-05-31 08:06

Bah, the site isn't working for me either now! Yet it is for other people on it at the same time... weird.

Quote:

oh my... Himeya really loves their markups.

It should work with the patch since it's basically the same game~

Of course they do, they're pretty much people like me's only source for this stuff :( I have a feeling using a service like akibado might look better on paper but would end up costing even more in the end. Oh well, another thing to seriously consider ordering when I get my credit card :heh: Not like I can read the extra stuff but hey, someday!

Quote:

Valdra: yep, both he and I are quite big Kotori fanboys. ^^;
She's one of the ones I prefer the game design to the anime one for. The shade they use for her hair is just... win.

I PM'd you the direct download links, Valdra. Hopefully those work for you.

EdenB 2006-05-31 11:41

Quote:

As for setting your alarm clock, all the "normal"s are translated. Alice has some "early" scenes as well.

Typically enough, after recieving the football alarm, first thing I did was hit late. Fortunately, it's only the one scene that was untranslated and then it went back to English.

I like the Kotori and Alice personality, compared to the anime ones. They're more in depth and interesting. I didn't notice the art so much.

Yeah, Kotori and especially Alice didn't get a lot of focus in the anime. You get to know them much better in their own routes.

Also Jyunichi's personality is a lot better too, IMO.

As for the translated/untranslated scenes, you can check it in the readme. All the normals and a few earlys are translated.

EdenB 2006-05-31 17:45

I do like the commentary, which i'm assuming is from Jun'i'chi's point of view. Random example below.

Yeah, it's from his PoV.
He's funnier, less clueless (though it still ain't his strongest point but he certainly does notice stuff lots better), acts more confidently, and mostly he's just better at talking overall, making jokes, things like that. I love how he interacts with for example Kotori and Miharu.

There's more to him than "kattarui". ^^;

Village Idiot 2006-05-31 21:15

Just tried the patch.

Very weird, I was playing through the first day, and I was surprised how fast the events went by, there wasn't even a scene where you actually talked to anyone.

Then I tried reinstalling the game without the translation patch, and then I noticed that the same events were longer, with the characters interacting, voices and everything.

Apparently, the patch had cut tons of things out.

Did I install the patch wrong? Or is the patch supposed to be this way?

I think you're probably in summary mode...right click and click "scenario". If you want to disable summary mode altogether (for you it'd be useful the 2nd time around), go to the config menu and set summarize read scenes to off.

In case you guys haven't noticed, you can change the system voice if you want. I have it set to Sakura. :)

Village Idiot 2006-05-31 21:33

Ah thanks a ton, it worked.

I was wondering WTF was going on, and reinstalled the game like 3x trying to fiddle with the patch XD

No problem, glad it worked.

It's odd though. Summary mode would only work if you have a savegame where you've already read those scenes. Do you?

Cloudnine 2006-05-31 21:36

Any idea on when Tamaki's scenario will be finished? I had a really hard time reading that the first time around, what with all the complicated dialogue and kanji~ ^^;;

Quote:

Any idea on when Tamaki's scenario will be finished? I had a really hard time reading that the first time around, what with all the complicated dialogue and kanji~ ^^;;

Like I said before, I'm nothing but a shameless advertiser and a tester :heh:. I have no idea. If he's working normally it should take no longer than 2 months but I don't know if he is. I don't even know if he's been doing any actual translation work on the last few weeks, he's been busy with work and other stressful things. I can ask if you want, though.

Cloudnine 2006-05-31 21:50

heh~ no pressure. I was just a little curious about it since she is one of my favorite characters from Da Capo. Her scenario by far interests me more than other heroines, what with the whole arranged marriage and the mysterious "fukai kizuna" she and Junichi share. (plus she's a Miko which throws her moe factor off the chart ^^)

Well, Tamaki IS one of this guy's favourite characters. I don't know how far he'd go with the whole project but I believe he'd finish at least Tamaki for sure, since she's part of his 4-character-"elite". :heh:

Her scenario is interesting to say the least. It's also one of the longest and most complicated (to translate >.>).

Village Idiot 2006-05-31 22:03

Suginami is pure awesomeness.

That is all.

Cloudnine, I heard from Arkanos that Tamaki's route will be done within the next two months more or less.