AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80822)

xris 2009-04-23 13:41

Valkyria Chronicles - Requests for new threads

Since the Valkyria Chronicles forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Valkyria Chronicles thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

LKK 2009-04-23 14:15

Requesting a thread for VC weaponry discussion. The weaponry in the game versus the anime versus real life was a popular topic in the original thread.

Runty 2009-04-23 17:35

Requesting multiple threads for the characters of Valkyria Chronicles. The following list should start things up:

Welkin
Alicia
Isara
Rosie
Largo

More will have to come later.

serenade_beta 2009-04-23 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runty (Post 2358482)
Requesting multiple threads for the characters of Valkyria Chronicles. The following list should start things up:

Welkin
Alicia
Isara
Rosie
Largo

I think we should wait until there is more to talk about. As far as the anime has shown, there really isn't much... Especially for the bottom two. It might be a different story for the game players, but since the character threads are for the anime...

Skyfall 2009-04-23 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 2358061)
Requesting a thread for VC weaponry discussion. The weaponry in the game versus the anime versus real life was a popular topic in the original thread.

Thread has been created.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runty (Post 2358482)

Welkin
Alicia
Isara
Rosie
Largo

Character threads for the first three is pretty much a given, so those will be created (tomorrow ... as i am falling asleep on my keyboard here), but i agree with Serenade on the other two - better to wait a little bit with those, as anime only watchers wouldn't have much to discuss at this point, so likely would end up as spoiler galore, courtesy of game players :)

Shiroth 2009-04-23 18:27

Speculation thread would be nice. Of course, one for game players and people experiencing the story for the first time. :)

Yu Ominae 2009-04-24 02:54

A World History on the VC universe or a thread on the Empire or Gallia would be nice.

As much as I would like to have an Atlantic Federation one, it would only be based on info from the game and artbook.

Runty 2009-04-26 14:41

More character-specific thread requests.

Faldio Landzaat
Eleanor Varrot
Prince Maximilian
Selvaria Bles
Hans the Piglet (later on)

No need to do them immediately, but at some point they need to come up.

Shiroth 2009-04-29 11:57

Why would we need a character page for the damn pig, seriously? :heh:

Manji Midou 2009-04-29 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2368655)
Why would we need a character page for the damn pig, seriously? :heh:

he partakes in a vital key role in the whole war. :)

yezhanquan 2009-04-30 00:43

I do agree with more character threads. Max and Selvaria are representatives of the Imperial army.

Skyfall 2009-04-30 09:28

The problem really isn't whom they represent, but if there is any amount of significant exposure worth talking about, which is not the case for now. More character threads will have to wait a bit; will put up the general character discussion thread meanwhile.

Yu Ominae 2009-05-13 14:43

Not sure on what else we can put for a thread.

A thread on the VC universe is nice.

Either the following's fine:

- General discussion
- Gallia
- East Europan Imperial Alliance
- Atlantic Federation

Perhaps the history of the Darcsens and Valkryies are fine too.

4Tran 2009-05-13 15:41

That's not a bad idea. Can you do a short write up on each of the three nations (please avoid spoilers), and post it in this thread?

Yu Ominae 2009-05-13 16:38

Sure.

What kind of write up do you want me to do?

Yu Ominae 2009-05-14 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2369765)
I do agree with more character threads. Max and Selvaria are representatives of the Imperial army.

Maybe once we get down the road, perhaps the three generals of Maxie boy can have their thread, or perhaps their own individual ones.

monir 2009-05-14 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 2393353)
Sure.

What kind of write up do you want me to do?

I believe 4Tran is asking for a general infomation on those specified nation without revealing anything that hasn't been shown in the anime counterpart as of yet.

Father Hentai 2009-05-14 02:26

Are General Information from the VC Games allowed to be used as reference?

monir 2009-05-14 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Hentai (Post 2394314)
Are General Information from the VC Games allowed to be used as reference?

It depends on which thread are you referring to and what type of references. If it is an anime-only thread such as the weekly episode discussion thread, then the reference will have to correspond with the material covered in the anime thus far. Anything beyond is a spoiler. If the thread title has tag to indicate it contains spoiler, then any sort of reference can be made in it. If a thread title has no tag what so ever, then any references beyond what has been covered in the anime needs to be put under clearly marked spoiler tags.

So, which thread are your referring to? :)

Yu Ominae 2009-05-14 02:56

I'll try what I can. I can't guarantee if the stuff I'll put in with spoil certain stuff.

Spoiler for Write up of Gallia. May be spoilers in the anime.:

Spoiler for Write up of the Eastern Europan Imperial Alliance. May be spoilers in anime.:

Spoiler for Write up for the Atlantic Federation. May be spoilers to anime.:

Done. Let me know if it's okay.

Also, are we going to have a thread dedicated to their armed forces too?