AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Anime-Only] The Complete Naruto OVAs/OAVs, Specials, and DVD-Bonus Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89221)

james0246 2009-12-09 03:35

[Anime-Only] The Complete Naruto OVAs/OAVs, Specials, and DVD-Bonus Discussion

To cover all the bases, this thread is dedicated to all the Naruto OVAs/OAVs, Specials, and DVD-Bonuses. This thread will act as a poll by which we can discuss our appreciation for the various anime-only stories (bear in mind, the Special The Cross Roads contains a manga spoiler in its credits which will stay a spoiler until at least the end of 2009 (Dec. 24)). And yes, this thread will be Anime-Only, considering it has next to nothing to do with canon.

IMPORTANT: This Poll might not finalized! If there are options that I have forgotten please inform me (or, better yet, a mod) so that they may be added. Consequently, you may wish to hold off on voting until we are sure what all the options are.

edit: damn, I forgot to make the poll public. I'll contact a mod to see if they can fix the problem...

-Sho- 2009-12-09 12:47

"Clash at Last! Jounin VS Genin!! No Discrimination, Great Melee Grand Exhibition Opening!!"

"The Cross Roads"
I was suprisied , it was great even if it was in CG ! Action better than Shippuuden XD !
Old OST , nostalgic ! Yeah , as i said , Old gen > Next gen

Other : Naruto the Movie Special: Konoha Annual Sports Festival
It was hilarious .

Haak 2009-12-09 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 2811299)
Other : Naruto the Movie Special: Konoha Annual Sports Festival
It was hilarious .

Isn't that the one where Naruto shat his pants?

james0246 2009-12-09 12:51

I liked the "Cross Roads" special. Decent story; complete arc; some honest character development; decent enemies; classic Sasuke and Naruto interactions. Overall, a lot of fun. The animation was a little...weird, but still not unplesant. All in all, one of the best OVAs.

-Sho- 2009-12-09 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 2811303)
Isn't that the one where Naruto shat his pants?

Yeah it is XD

l33t_n00b 2009-12-10 12:11

Wow just watched The Cross Roads, never heard about it before this thread. It was awesome, so nostalgic, it's exactly in Naruto Part 1 style with the great Naruto Part 1 "feeling" :T_T: , even the music was dead on.
God I loved part 1.
Wished Sasuke was saved after the valley of the end fight.
Naruto anime/manga would have been awesome if they had just continued doing missions like before while gradually seeing them progress and become Genin > Chunin > Jounin > Sannin :P

DeDe 2011-01-02 00:26

New OVA featuring Naruto vs. Sasuke. The OVA is part of a promotion with a Japanese clothing company. You buy a Naruto t-shirt, and get the DVD with the OVA. The song being used is the same Aqua Timez one that will be played on the new ED.

Here is the DVD

There are spoilers in this OVA for anime only people.

A few other things:
Both Hirofumi Suzuki and Norio Matsumoto reportedly worked on this as well as some others.
Naruto looks to be using Asuma's chakra blades. Now that wouldn't make sense in canon since they were passed on to Shikamaru and he uses them now.
Does Sasuke win? You be the judge.
There is a weird baby's cry when we see a closeup of Sasuke's eye. Nobody can figure out what that means.
Naruto x Sakura fans should probably enjoy the OVA. Of course Naruto x Sasuke fans will enjoy it more.
We see two characters in new attire.

james0246 2011-01-02 00:49

Looks like it could be really cool.

Animeblue 2011-01-02 09:18

Who animated what
Animation Supervisor: Hirofumi Suzuki

Hiroyuki Yamashita - non-action parts
Norio Matsumoto - Naruto part 1 action scenes
Tokuyuki Matsutake - Naruto vs. Sasuke and the fights around it

a video of their other works in Naruto
link

neshru 2011-01-02 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animeblue (Post 3419066)
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Who animated what
Hiroyuki Yamashita - non-action parts
Norio Matsumoto - Naruto part 1 action scenes
Tokuyuki Matsutake - Naruto vs. Sasuke and the fights around it

Do you have some kind of confirmation on that? You shouldn't pass guesses by random people as facts.

About the video: definitely worth watching, in high quality at least. High production values, some really good action, and I liked Pierrot's take on the aftermath of the next Naruto/Sasuke fight.

thundrakkon 2011-01-16 07:12

I finally got around to watching this. It was really nice to finally see some canon material in Naruto for once, and it looks like the upcoming events are worth the watch.

milan kyuubi 2011-01-16 07:42

What's the name of this ova?

neshru 2011-01-16 08:04

Naruto X Uniqlo

Photonbeam 2011-01-16 09:24

Voted "Konoha Village Great Athletic Meet."

EDIT:!!

If Naruto X Uniqlo was part of the poll, I would've voted for it. It was really awesome, I was in awe of this OVA.

x1000 thanks and I agree that this OVA contains BIG spoilers for those non-manga readers.